how early can you board

buzzmom

Boarding usually begins around 11am.  May be a bit early or later.  Depends on how quickly the clear the ship of the previous cruise passengers.  We plan to arrive at port around 10:30 to clear security and check-in.

5 minutes ago, buzzmom said:

sailing out of Port Canaveral in august how early are you able to board ?

Usually around 11:00am.  My earliest was 10:45am.   But you can not get to your station until 1:00pm.

we've been in the port at 9 ish because of flights getting us there so early.  we've been on board before 11 in 4 out of 5 cruises over the last 6 years.  One year we didn't get on until after 12, I believe because they couldn't find a passenger.   Most times the lines have been very efficient.

Dan

The real answer is, when they open the ship for boarding.

No matter what happened on previous cruises, for many reasons, boarding could be delayed.  And it could be a bit earlier, although not likely.

We arrived early, 9:30, in Miami last year because we flew in. We had to stand in line outside with nowhere to sit for over an hour before they opened the terminal. After that it took another 45 minutes before we were on the ship. It felt like forever. This past Christmas, we drove and we arrived in FLL at 12:35. No lines at all. We pretty much walked right on. The fastest embarkation ever for us. IMO, I rather arrive a little later and walk right on than get there early and deal with lines and such. Just my take.  🙂

Even if you board early you likely cannot access your stateroom until about 1:00-1:30 or so - meaning you get to drag your carry on bags around with you.  Plan accordingly or arrive later, skip the lines, and head straight to your room.