Explore 4 Question

kaiiak

Hi! We are booked on the Nieuw Statemdam in April. When we booked in the fall we used the Explore 4 package and will be getting the free beverage package for 2 passengers. Can I give the package to my 23 year old son who is staying in our cabin as passenger #4? I mostly drink ice tea so wouldn’t get as much benefit, but he does like a few cocktails & sodas each day. Right now the booking says it’s passenger 1 & 2. Can I change it onboard?

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I've been told that ALL passengers over 21 in the stateroom must have the same beverage package. Those under 21 need to have the Quench package if the others have a beverage package.

Interesting. We haven’t cruised in a long time & when we booked & this package was available we figured it was a perk. We typically would never buy a beverage package bc we don’t realky drink much. I guess I’ll find out when we board, but the booking says the bev pkg is for guest 1 & 2.

23 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Don't be surprised if HAL charges you for the Signature drink package for your 23 year old son.

Ok thanks for the heads up. We normally wouldn’t purchase a package bc we don’t drink and our minor child doesn’t even like soda, but figured since it was free as part of our pkg it was nice to have for the sodas etc. I’m sure the 23 year old will have a few cocktails. 

3 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I've been told that ALL passengers over 21 in the stateroom must have the same beverage package. Those under 21 need to have the Quench package if the others have a beverage package.

We are cruising with our two teens. We booked under the Explore 4 promo. Does that mean we will Be charged for two Quench packages for our girls? Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

Thanks! I checked Explore 4 terms and conditions, and it says nothing about an obligation for third and fourth passengers under 21 years old. I hope Jarreds_mommytoo has received a wrong information. 😁 Otherwhise, Explore 4 will become very expensive for us.

10 minutes ago, Quebec_cruiser said:

Thanks! I checked Explore 4 terms and conditions, and it says nothing about an obligation for third and fourth passengers under 21 years old. I hope Jarreds_mommytoo has received a wrong information. 😁 Otherwhise, Explore 4 will become very expensive for us.

In the past, people who had the "free" SBP were not required to purchase a beverage package for guests 3 & 4. However, if you bought a package, you had to buy it for everyone in the room.

• Thanks 1

We've had Explore 4 a few times.  My husband is diabetic so he doesn't drink alcohol or much else beside water and Diet Dr Pepper, so my TA switched my son to the #2 guest and my husband down to #3.  My son has Down Syndrome so he really doesn't drink either, but he loves his champagne for sail away and his smoothies, mocktails, diet cokes, etc  so he will use the package a little at least.

Edited by cruisin'mama

I also have the Explore 4 package and am sailing in July with DH and 2 DD.  I explicitly asked my TA about whether I would have to purchase another SBP package for my 1 DD (who will be of age at time of cruise) and was told no as Exp4 is a promotion from HAL.  So only DH and I will have the SBP and I will be purchasing beverages for DDs out of pocket.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Quebec_cruiser said:

We are cruising with our two teens. We booked under the Explore 4 promo. Does that mean we will Be charged for two Quench packages for our girls? Thanks!

We have the Explore 4 promo for our Alaska cruise next July, we are sharing out cabin with our 10 year old grandson. We were told that we do not have to have a beverage package of any kind for him, however he does love non alcoholic sparking Cider, he drank a whole bottle at Christmas.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jareds_mommytoo said:

We booked directly with holland America not a travel agent. It was the Holland America agent that said we needed to purchase for the kids 

Looks like there is contradictory information out there, such as for upgrading to EBP. 😀 We shall see! Thanks!