B2B on Oasis with early return due to Norovirus question

sargejenn

We are on Symphony Saturday. Just came back from Walgreens with Clorox wipes. I hope those on Oasis who got ill will have a rapid recovery. We cruise exclusively with Royal and they have taken a potential PR nightmare and turned it around with full refunds, hotels, etc. Brilliant Crisis PR management. 

Edited by BEENSAILING

8 hours ago, retiredgram said:

This is what happened to us. Could very well be different for you.

Was on the Grandeur doing a B2B a couple years ago.  Ship got the noro virus and we came back a day early.  Those of us on the B2B, were taken to a hotel  and picked up the next morning, taken back to ship. Yes,we had to pack up our belongings and take them off ship when we went to hotel.

All expenses was covered by Royal.  Handed in food receipts and got refundable obc.

Like others have said.  You will probably get a letter explaining everything. 

Good luck.  At least you know when the ship leaves for your upcoming cruise, it will be completely sanitized and very clean.  That is the kind of ship you want to get on.

I'd rather get on a ship that didn't need extra sanitizing.

It just gives people a false sense of security.

OP I hope your 2nd leg is a lot better than the first.

3 hours ago, BEENSAILING said:

We are on Symphony Saturday. Just came back from Walgreens with Clorox wipes. I hope those on Oasis who got ill will have a rapid recovery. We cruise exclusively with Royal and they have taken a potential PR nightmare and turned it around with full refunds, hotels, etc. Brilliant Crisis PR management. 

Princess has done the same in the past also.:classic_smile:

I was on a B2B a few years ago on the Legend with a level 3 outbreak, the highest level, but we came back on time.  RCL made us all leave the ship as they did their disinfecting thing and then had the Dept of Health come on board and inspect all their efforts.  Once we were all back on board, for the next 2 days, we still had to have everything on lockdown.  They served our food in the windjammer with rubber gloves on, had masks, etc.  After that, everything was back to normal.  Attached is a photo of my cabin steward cleaning up the room next door the day I was kicked off for the day and a photo of servers serving with the gloves.

P1030087.JPG

P1030057.JPG

Edited by ibyte2eat
  • Like 1

We are currently enjoying a lovely breeze in Central Park waiting to head to the theater at 11am.  We will disembark, collect our luggage, and board a bus to Orlando.  We will be staying overnight at a Marriott and returning to the ship tomorrow to board and enjoy our 2nd cruise!  They are providing an OBC to serve as a per diem for food expenses today.  

The crew have been amazing - working extra shifts and assignments to keep surfaces sanitized and serve passengers food from the buffets.  Cast members from the water show and production shows working in the Windjammer - how often do you get a chance to meet and chat with these lovely young people?

We did not even think twice about going on the 2nd leg of our B2B.  Oasis will be as clean as a whistle and our costs for the two cruises were cut by half!

Excellent job, #royalcaribbean!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sargejenn said:

We are currently enjoying a lovely breeze in Central Park waiting to head to the theater at 11am.  We will disembark, collect our luggage, and board a bus to Orlando.  We will be staying overnight at a Marriott and returning to the ship tomorrow to board and enjoy our 2nd cruise!  They are providing an OBC to serve as a per diem for food expenses today.  

The crew have been amazing - working extra shifts and assignments to keep surfaces sanitized and serve passengers food from the buffets.  Cast members from the water show and production shows working in the Windjammer - how often do you get a chance to meet and chat with these lovely young people?

We did not even think twice about going on the 2nd leg of our B2B.  Oasis will be as clean as a whistle and our costs for the two cruises were cut by half!

Excellent, thanks for the update & enjoy your 2nd week on Oasis!

17 minutes ago, sargejenn said:

We would feel exactly the same way. Bon Voyage.🥂

58 minutes ago, sargejenn said:

Thanks for sharing!  I like how the cruiseline is handling the situation.  

On 1/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, davekathy said:

My Magic 8 Ball says," don't count on it". The only way that is going to happen is if RC decides to cancel the next cruise.  

I agree with you here. We tried that with Princess a few years back when the previous cruise had a big outbreak.

They wouldn't let us cancel. So we went, didn't board until 10pm due to the extra cleaning which was fine by us.

Unfortunately we never made a port as the ship had another major outbreak and we returned to port after 5 days of a 7 day cruise.

They paid for our airfare home, full refund and a discount on another cruise.

Bill