Edge bathroom storage and safe?

39august

From the reviews I have read, apparently there is more storage in the Edge bathrooms for balcony cabins than current ships. I hope there are some drawers and not just open shelves. Apparently the bed/sitting/desk area will have no drawers. And where is the safe located? Can anyone elaborate, please?  Not looking forward to dealing with refit cabins at this point. 

Edited by 39august

Hi 39august.  Not sure if you are referring to a "true" balcony cabin like an SV, or an IV balcony cabin (and honestly don't know if the storage is any different between these cabins).  I can only speak to storage in the IV balcony.

Storage in the bathroom was open shelving, and quite plentiful.  No drawers in the bathroom.

The chair sits in front of the full length mirror in the stateroom and the "desk top" for the chair slides "into" the bureau to allow a full view of the mirror so no drawers in front of the chair like M and S class ships.  Personally, DH and I both found storage for a seven night cruise was more than adequate in the IV cabin.

Safe is in the closet, and found it to be on the small side.  Everything we usually put in the safe on the M and S class still fit, but it was tight and a pain in the butt to pull everything out to get to what you needed if it was toward the back of the safe.  Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Storage in the bathroom was open shelving, and quite plentiful.  No drawers in the bathroom.

You may have overlooked the large divided drawer under the sink!!! Without any drawer pulls on it, it was serendipitous that I found it. 

Thanks for the info. I can't believe there is ONE DRAWER in the entire cabin. Hope to sail on Reflection a lot more before she is "Edgified". No bins above the bed either? Where in the heck do you put your underwear? 

There's one drawer in the bathroom, but a dresser with 3 large divided drawers in the living area and 3 more in the closet. The title of the thread is bathroom storage and safe, so that is what I focused on. 🙂

image.thumb.png.e6d6accc21e09d3dd263ff67024282ee.png

image.thumb.png.68cdc9a0651d3d8ac5b22944e43fbf74.png

image.thumb.png.ca0a4a12ecf1896462ca5dac14ed440c.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Yep, I clearly missed the drawer in the bathroom lol.  Our hair dryer was on one of the open shelves by the plug under the sink/counter.  If the hair dryer had not been in plain sight I probably would have looked further and then may have found the drawer.  

We did find all of the shelving/drawers in the cabin itself (as per vtcruisings pics) which we found to be more than adequate for the clothing and shoes we brought for a seven day cruise.

Vtcruising I would like to express my immense gratitude for all of your Edge photos and comments and information which you have been posting, including your Live from the Edge thread. It  was incredibly helpful and useful for our maiden voyage!!  Much appreciated!  (And I hope you have recovered fully at this point from your unfortunate "reboarding" incident!). :)

Edited by Reel Love
Typos

Again thanks for the info and pics. I can't see where this shelf storage space is located, but the photo makes it clear that there is enough storage to make up for the "desk" lack of same. We will experience the refit on Equinox in July. So I can then see for myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

There's one drawer in the bathroom, but a dresser with 3 large divided drawers in the living area and 3 more in the closet. The title of the thread is bathroom storage and safe, so that is what I focused on. 🙂

image.thumb.png.ca0a4a12ecf1896462ca5dac14ed440c.png

Unfortunately, the S1's on the Aft do not have this storage. And the large 3 drawer dresser is only half the size of the other suites!

Edited by C-Dragons

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Unfortunately, the S1's on the Aft do not have this storage. And the large 3 drawer dresser is only half the size of the other suites!

Yes, I was surprised to hear about your discovery. That is so odd.

What the cabin attendants have told some (including ours told us when we were in an IV) is that the cupboard above is for shoes (because the floor space in the IV closets is a bit small is left unsaid 🙂). It is a handy space.

2 hours ago, Reel Love said:

Yep, I clearly missed the drawer in the bathroom lol.  Our hair dryer was on one of the open shelves by the plug under the sink/counter.  If the hair dryer had not been in plain sight I probably would have looked further and then may have found the drawer.  

We did find all of the shelving/drawers in the cabin itself (as per vtcruisings pics) which we found to be more than adequate for the clothing and shoes we brought for a seven day cruise.

Vtcruising I would like to express my immense gratitude for all of your Edge photos and comments and information which you have been posting, including your Live from the Edge thread. It  was incredibly helpful and useful for our maiden voyage!!  Much appreciated!  (And I hope you have recovered fully at this point from your unfortunate "reboarding" incident!). 🙂

Thanks for the good wishes! I've recovered just fine.  hcat recommended Mederma for the scars so I'm applying that every night and they are barely noticeable.  Gotta love CC - cruising and medical advice! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

I decided to post some photos of storage. The drawers are quite good relative to usual S class and that is without the additonal drawers in the closet. We did use the side storage for shoes. In cabins with chaise lounge it is very low...only 15" seat height. I brought chair lifts (3") to make it more comfortable. DH has had several relatively unsuccessful knee surgeries which is why I was concerned bought sitting comfort. Side benefit is the additional space under the 'sofa' for things like cpap bag shoes etc. Since we were getting a scooter I wondered if we would need to push in the vanity to make extra space... so the question was ... what to do with all those loose makeup items. I purchased a Pudda basket... from IKEA. It is made of felt and snaps together... fit nicely in drawer under the sink... did not take up much space in luggage. Threw in photo of outlet in bathroom... kinda hidden.

The main chest of drawers has three top 6" high the other a tad over 9" ... split into two sections..roughly 15"x 13" the drawers in the closet... also three are about 12"x12". I believe enough storage for two for 7 day trip... may get crowded if more passengers or longer cruise. I would limit long dresses to two; that way you can use the lower hanging rack. They had enough hangers for our trip... but would like more for a longer one. I felt space was good... loved larger bathroom and shower area.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ff8.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_40b2.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_411a.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4118.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ffa.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3ffd.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I was surprised to hear about your discovery. That is so odd.

What the cabin attendants have told some (including ours told us when we were in an IV) is that the cupboard above is for shoes (because the floor space in the IV closets is a bit small is left unsaid 🙂). It is a handy space.

Yes, it is handy. Maybe X will wise up and add it to the Aft suites on Apex. 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Again thanks for the info and pics. I can't see where this shelf storage space is located, but the photo makes it clear that there is enough storage to make up for the "desk" lack of same. We will experience the refit on Equinox in July. So I can then see for myself.

JUST to reiterate there are a total of SEVEN(7) drawers in a standard IV stateroom;one in the bathroom underneath the lavatory ;3 in the closet;3 in the dresser. I don't think you'll miss the drawer that's normally right under the desk. 

43 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

JUST to reiterate there are a total of SEVEN(7) drawers in a standard IV stateroom;one in the bathroom underneath the lavatory ;3 in the closet;3 in the dresser. I don't think you'll miss the drawer that's normally right under the desk. 

I think the issue with having a drawer under the desk it that women used it as a vanity.. so they keep makeup there... I wish Celebrity provided a small acrylic tray that you could use to keep that stuff together.. so if you want to move the table you can easy remove all your makeup and either store it back in the bathroom or return when you pull out the table. On our cabin crawl that was a complaint of one passenger who had all her makeup on the table. I think it would get more use than the white vase that they provide. But for those who have concerns about storage, if found it quite reasonable. I got all my husbands polo shirts into the drawers along with my tops and even exercise clothing. I thought the bathroom was fabulous... the only change I might make would be to have one side of the bathroom have closed storage with perhaps glass door... just to make sure breakables are secure if the seas are rough... but beyond that I liked it a lot.

VT I know you have been following this thread... I don't know if you have any editing capability on the cabin info thread... but the last entry..is kinda messed up.... I think he copied a sheet from the spreadsheet and it is eating up space... I wonder if you can fix that?

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT I know you have been following this thread... I don't know if you have any editing capability on the cabin info thread... but the last entry..is kinda messed up.... I think he copied a sheet from the spreadsheet and it is eating up space... I wonder if you can fix that?

No, I can't. I was hoping the mods would find it. I'll let them know about it, if it isn't taken care of soon. Thanks!!