New Oceanview Cabins on Constellation

german_navy

The Constellation received seven new Oceanview cabins (3115 - 3127) on deck 3 recently. These cabins seem to be just next to the new Qsine. Does anybody know where the entrance to Qsine is? According to the deckplan it should be all the way to the aft just next to the elevators and stairs. Is that really the case? Or can you also enter the restaurant from the other side? This would mean that all guest of Qsine must pass the mentioned new cabins. This would certainly keep me away from booking these cabins.

Also, I can not find any additional information about these cabins? What is the layout? Are they noisy? Any recommendations from previous cruisers?

Frank

I was on Constellation recently and was trying to find Qsine -   I accidently found it walking down the hallway with rooms.    You can indeed access it from that direction.    They have a curtain up possibly to present the illusion it is unaccusable.      My first thought was why in the world would they make the entrance like this until I found the actual entrance. 

1 hour ago, champagne lover said:

I have checked the deck pans online and see no mention of Qsine. Is it to be where Ocean Liners is at present? And where are these new cabins -  the opposite side from cabins 3112, 3114?

Yes, they are on the other side.  Ther is another thread on the Edge Revolution of the ships that has some diagrams in post 2 of that thread.  Forgot what the actual thread is called.  But I'm sure you can find it.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was on Constellation recently and was trying to find Qsine -   I accidently found it walking down the hallway with rooms.    You can indeed access it from that direction.    They have a curtain up possibly to present the illusion it is unaccusable.      My first thought was why in the world would they make the entrance like this until I found the actual entrance. 

Thanks for the response. So you can access Qsine also through the hallway of cabins 3115-3127?

Where is the actual entrance?

1426788669_Bildschirmfoto2019-01-15um23_44_53.thumb.png.bc9e29cc89052e55bf1acfabdc9ca83f.png

Edited by german_navy

That diagram is not accurate.  I have stayed in cabin 3114 and that area is not as open as the diagram shows.  There was another wall making a private corridor.  

So,  I wouldn't rely on the diagram too much for the other cabins by Qsine and where the entrance is. 

Edited by ecslady

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

That diagram is not accurate.  I have stayed in cabin 3114 and that area is not as open as the diagram shows.  There was another wall making a private corridor.  

So,  I wouldn't rely on the diagram too much for the other cabins by Qsine and where the entrance is. 

OK...but where is the actual and regular entrance to Qsine at all? How do people get there? I have never been on the Constellation. 

Now that I'm at work, and I can do a screen shot, here is the deck plans before the new 3115-3127cabins.

Note, that even this is a little off, as cabin 3112 has a little entryway so it is a slightly different shape.  There are some old threads on CC when those cabins were put in that discuss that.

Comparing the two diagrams, it also looks like the made the Conference Center larger. Before it ended by cabin 3124, now it ends by cabin 3120, so I'm wondering if the new deck plans are correct on that.  Somehow I can't see Celebrity moving all those walls to reconfigure and enlarge the conference spaces are they are hardly used.   There is a door which leads to the private hallway for these cabins in the area of cabin 3116-3118. When I stayed in cabin 3114 we would exit through that door, and then cut through the Conference Center to the aft elevators. So, I'm thinking there are two corridors as well by the new 3115-3127 cabins, one for the cabins and one leading to Qsine, but who really knows till we get some actual pictures from people on the renovated ship.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 9.06.42 AM.png

Edited by ecslady

Thanks, but with regard to my initial question the old layout does not really help. So, after adding the new cabins on port side (3115 - 3127) where do people access Qsine? And how is the experience with these cabins on port side? Noise? Layout? 

1 minute ago, german_navy said:

Thanks, but with regard to my initial question the old layout does not really help. So, after adding the new cabins on port side (3115 - 3127) where do people access Qsine? And how is the experience with these cabins on port side? Noise? Layout? 

No one really knows till we get some actual pics and reviews from people on the renovated ship, and that hasn't happened yet.  Connie is not being completed till May 2020, so it will be a while.  But Millennium is being completed in Feb 2019, so we should get some reports from there.  I would think the same cabins are being put in on that ship.

Just now, german_navy said:

These cabins are in place on the Constellation already. So I assume that some people have been cruising in them already. 

Oh, didn't realize that.  When were they put in?  They weren't there when I stayed in cabin 3114.

We were on Connie recently. Let me try and explain. We entered Qsine by the aft elevator. The new cabins appeared to be accessed from a corridor in the Grand Foyer Deck 3 area close to the midship elevators . I would say that these cabins are what was the front of what had been Ocean Liners, and Qsine is at the back of that.

German Navy's diagram shows this better.

Waggie

Edited by waggie
spelling

Waggie, what was your overall impression of the COnnie?  I have been thinking about booking the April 17th Dubai to Rome sailing but noticed a turn in the reviews last year.  Almost all of the reviews from last fall onward have been less than glowing -ship condition, crew, entertainment, food.

The ship was fine - perhaps a little tired in parts but kept beautifully clean throughout. We had the cabin that had been converted into an infinite balcony - similar to Edge - we chose it 'just because we could' and I am glad we had the opportunity to try it at Connie prices not Edge!!!!

We felt that the food in MDR had improved this last year (2 cruises - Connie and Silhouette) and Oceanview buffet had a great selection through the day, especially the fresh grill section on these evenings when you don't fancy MDR. The service was friendly and efficient - considering the ship was very full we always found a table without waiting.

This was a Holiday cruise, slightly different demographic to usual - lots of 2/3 generation families having Christmas together. There were more 'young people' onboard and I felt this affected the activities and entertainment - no craft activities etc.

The entertainment in the Theatre was okay - a few acts that we had seen before, but usually a great way to end the day. I felt that there was not as much classical/duet/trio music in the bars and lounges though.

The crew worked very hard - all those special events - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New years Eve and finally taking the bars and lunch by tender to Sir Bani Yas Island beach (Abu Dhabi). However, the Senior Officers were not as visible as on previous cruises.

I hope this helps.

Waggie

6 hours ago, ecslady said:

Oh, didn't realize that.  When were they put in?  They weren't there when I stayed in cabin 3114.

They were put in when they had the Solstization upgrade in April of 2017.  They removed the Oceanliner at the same time.    Millennium did the same thing but swapped Qsine and Tuscan location (this was prior to the current Edgification).

If I recall correctly the entrance to Qsine on Constellation is adjacent to the Aft elevator lobby.