New TV Channels

spyingeyes

Just got this in our room this morning. We don’t watch much TV in the room but im

guessing this new lineup will please some and upset others. Looks like some of the kids channels (Cartoon Network, boomerang) are gone as well as the 10 CNN channels. 

362A49C8-E230-485F-BF01-0D7396CD5211.jpeg

0E8C0DF4-26C7-4F45-B8EA-41F3A62CE165.jpeg

Here come the complaints. 

I was actually glad the sports playoffs weren't in my room. At first, I was a bit confused. Then after, I realized it was more fun to watch it with everyone else. This is why I cruise. Not to sit in a room.

• Like 1

Do you think this is true for all ships? We sail on the Magic in 11 days. I like the new line up. We don't watch a lot of tv but we have our kids and sometimes they get tired a little early so its nice to watch something when they are ready for bed and we just aren't quite yet. HGTV and the Food Network is pretty much all I watch anyway. Even my kids prefer the Food Network to cartoons a lot of time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kshecruiser0524 said:

Do you think this is true for all ships? We sail on the Magic in 11 days. I like the new line up. We don't watch a lot of tv but we have our kids and sometimes they get tired a little early so its nice to watch something when they are ready for bed and we just aren't quite yet. HGTV and the Food Network is pretty much all I watch anyway. Even my kids prefer the Food Network to cartoons a lot of time. 

Undoubtedly it will be fleet-wide.  Roll-outs might have slightly different timing, but it is probably easiest if they do it all simultaneously.

Just tried to look up what the "CBS national news" channel would be, and CBS doesn't have an actual 24 hour news channel a la CNN / FoxNews (please no comments about whether either of those are "news" or not, just using them as examples).  But they do have a streaming website called CBSN.

Hmm.  Curious.

I hope they keep TCM....it's TBD right now.  Fingers crossed.

Don't watch the news at home if I can help it!  And I certainly don't want to be subjected to it when I'm cruising and on vacation.

Give me a good book and forget TV - but hubby likes it.

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That looks worse to me. On the old lineup I could sometimes find things I liked on TBS, TNT, TCM or TruTv. The new lineup....I don't watch any of those channels.

Have to agree, in November there were a lot of good movies playing on TNT & TBS.  We don't watch a lot of TV in the room but sometimes while getting ready it was nice to find a decent movie to watch.  Their complimentary movie channel was so repetitive and more  of a reel of previews.  Didn't think the lineup could actually get worse lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

Have to agree, in November there were a lot of good movies playing on TNT & TBS.  We don't watch a lot of TV in the room but sometimes while getting ready it was nice to find a decent movie to watch.  Their complimentary movie channel was so repetitive and more  of a reel of previews.  Didn't think the lineup could actually get worse lol.

Same here. I just have it on for an hour in the morning...an hour before bed...and maybe an hour before dinner. But it's nice to have something to put on that I like.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spyingeyes said:

Just got this in our room this morning. We don’t watch much TV in the room but im

guessing this new lineup will please some and upset others. Looks like some of the kids channels (Cartoon Network, boomerang) are gone as well as the 10 CNN channels. 

362A49C8-E230-485F-BF01-0D7396CD5211.jpeg

0E8C0DF4-26C7-4F45-B8EA-41F3A62CE165.jpeg

SPYDAR?

7 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

SPYDAR?

"Spydar TV is a channel dedicated to complete family entertainment featuring classic movies, TV shows and cartoons from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Plus off network programming starring some of your favorite movie stars!"

EDIT: forgot to mention: looking at their website, I would't call the "classic movies" exactly A-list material...

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

"Spydar TV is a channel dedicated to complete family entertainment featuring classic movies, TV shows and cartoons from the 40s, 50s and 60s. Plus off network programming starring some of your favorite movie stars!"

EDIT: forgot to mention: looking at their website, I would't call the "classic movies" exactly A-list material...

I don't automatically think family entertainment when I see something with "spy" in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We like to turn the TV on at night as we are winding down or first thing in the morning on sea days. I will miss TBS for those times, but hey HGTV is good for me! The hubby....well, he isn't into that but too bad, I have watched his Impractical Jokers enough, he can deal with House Hunters. :)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

We like to turn the TV on at night as we are winding down or first thing in the morning on sea days. I will miss TBS for those times, but hey HGTV is good for me! The hubby....well, he isn't into that but too bad, I have watched his Impractical Jokers enough, he can deal with House Hunters. 🙂

Impractical Jokers was about the only good thing they had...now it's going to be gone.