Ocean Ready Agravating

Pickels

I know they are all working hard to get the "bugs" out of the system but, this has nothing to do with "bugs"... I was able to complete the Ocean Ready app; entered all the options, photos, security, passports, and PIN.  Was able to review all the data; signed in, reviewed, all OK.  Today I tried to log in and received "user/password do not match".  Did not change the password; logged in with the same password that I used last week. Aw! now no good!  Who changed what?  Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

I know they are all working hard to get the "bugs" out of the system but, this has nothing to do with "bugs"... I was able to complete the Ocean Ready app; entered all the options, photos, security, passports, and PIN.  Was able to review all the data; signed in, reviewed, all OK.  Today I tried to log in and received "user/password do not match".  Did not change the password; logged in with the same password that I used last week. Aw! now no good!  Who changed what?  Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Sounds like a problem I had with a land-based app yesterday, but in my case it was a PEBKAC  (Problem Exists

Between Keyboard and Chair) -- I have a "lazy shift" habit, and experimenting confirmed I had an extra capitalized

letter in my password.

I had similar issues last month. Seems like the ocean ready app is tied to your princess account.  So I ended up having to change my password in order to use the app.  Now it works flawlessly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Do reservations have to be within a certain time of sailing to be recognized?  I'm on the CB in August and the app says my reservation wasn't found when I try to add it.  I've tried all the different forms of my name (middle name, no middle name, middle initial, etc) and no luck. 

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

Do reservations have to be within a certain time of sailing to be recognized?  I'm on the CB in August and the app says my reservation wasn't found when I try to add it.  I've tried all the different forms of my name (middle name, no middle name, middle initial, etc) and no luck. 

That's what I've been wondering.

Here's an update---the Ocean Ready Team finally got my app up and running.  It took some effort but, with a lot of patience and several phone calls, it's good to go.  It's probably a very complex piece of software and there are most likely lots of people asking for help.  Good work team!

On 1/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, pompeii said:

Your cruise is too far out for the app to work.  I set mine up in Nov with the Princess Medallion Team.  They told me then that they were working on Dec/Jan cruises.  My cruise in Feb 16;  so when I first tried back in October I could not get logged in; that's when the medallion team said to wait  a few months. Today I received an email from Princess saying my medallions were shipped.  They are shipped from Singapore; so should receive them by next week.  We leave the Feb 14th. 

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Your cruise is too far out for the app to work.  I set mine up in Nov with the Princess Medallion Team.  They told me then that they were working on Dec/Jan cruises.  My cruise in Feb 16;  so when I first tried back in October I could not get logged in; that's when the medallion team said to wait  a few months. Today I received an email from Princess saying my medallions were shipped.  They are shipped from Singapore; so should receive them by next week.  We leave the Feb 14th. 

That’s what we’re concerned about.  We just signed up for the March 23 Caribbean Princess Cruise, but we will be leaving for Florida on March 11.  Looking at the short time frame that AF-1 was given it could be possible that we could miss our medallions.  Should we wait until we get to the ship to sign up for Ocean Medallion?

6 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

That’s what we’re concerned about.  We just signed up for the March 23 Caribbean Princess Cruise, but we will be leaving for Florida on March 11.  Looking at the short time frame that AF-1 was given it could be possible that we could miss our medallions.  Should we wait until we get to the ship to sign up for Ocean Medallion?

We signed up for the medallion less than a month prior to last week's Regal cruise and it was waiting for us at the port.

I'm confused about this whole process.  Do you have to have your cruise on the app in order for your medallion to ship out before the cruise?  If you don't, then your medallion is just waiting at the port along with your cruise card?

44 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

You can download the app and set it up and request for your medallion to be waiting for you at the port. Princess will have a medallion section at port for those who ordered.  This will speed the process of you having to give your passport and pictures at the port 

24 minutes ago, pompeii said:

I'm confused about this whole process.  Do you have to have your cruise on the app in order for your medallion to ship out before the cruise?  If you don't, then your medallion is just waiting at the port along with your cruise card?

Our traveling companion did not use the app, just filled out the personalizer online. and her medallion and card were waiting at the port.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

You can download the app and set it up and request for your medallion to be waiting for you at the port. Princess will have a medallion section at port for those who ordered.  This will speed the process of you having to give your passport and pictures at the port 

We sailed the CB out of Port Everglades and we still had to present our passports when checking in, and they scanned them into their system. Adding that info to Ocean Ready served no purpose. The only time saved was the few seconds that it would have taken for them to take our security photo when boarding the ship, as the Ocean Ready photos were already in their system. 

Edited by Steven_&_Daniel
typo

That does not seem like Princess has their act together. You take a boarding photo and security  photo in the app and then you had to do it again at the port. Redundancy.  What a waste of time. Sorry you had to do that. 

16 hours ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

We sailed the CB out of Port Everglades and we still had to present our passports when checking in, and they scanned them into their system. Adding that info to Ocean Ready served no purpose. The only time saved was the few seconds that it would have taken for them to take our security photo when boarding the ship, as the Ocean Ready photos were already in their system. 

It was hardly a burden or delay,

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

It was hardly a burden or delay,

I didn't say it was a burden or delay. I just said that it didn't really save time other than the few seconds it would have taken for them to take our security photos. The person who checked us in at Port Everglades didn't seem to even know what the Ocean Ready app was when I told her we had already entered our passport info into it. 

It was never a problem. Just like AF-1 said, it seems like they don't have their act together yet. They kind of give the impression that if you get your Medallion ahead of time, it'll make check-in easier or faster. It doesn't, since you still have to go through the traditional check-in and get your cruise card. If/when they eliminate the cruise card, maybe the passengers who are "Ocean Ready" and have already received their Medallions could just show up, have their Medallions scanned, and board the ship. That would be awesome, and I'm guessing that's their goal. 

Overall, check-in was much faster than it used to be, but it had nothing to do with apps or Medallions. I think they've just fine-tuned the Port Everglades check-in process. Eliminating the health form definitely saves time and makes it less chaotic. 

1 hour ago, Steven_&_Daniel said:

I didn't say it was a burden or delay. I just said that it didn't really save time other than the few seconds it would have taken for them to take our security photos. The person who checked us in at Port Everglades didn't seem to even know what the Ocean Ready app was when I told her we had already entered our passport info into it. 

The only time we were asked for passports was when passing through CBP upon entry. The new system is being cut over and there will be glitches as in any system being implemented. If it caused no delay/harm why throw shade on Princess?

Edited by Doug R.

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

The only time we were asked for passports was when passing through CBP upon entry. The new system is being cut over and there will be glitches as in any system being implemented. If it caused no delay/harm why throw shade on Princess?

I guess I'm just gonna stop posting on here. I NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT PRINCESS OR ANY PART OF OUR CHECK-IN. All I said was that it didn't save time. Geezzz let it go, people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

On the CB in November and have been able to complete everything but the "Cruise Personalizer" circle on the app.  Still shows no green circle.  On Princess our names are green indicating all is done (I guess!).  Have even been able to order our Medallions without problem.  That lack of a green circle is bugging me tho - has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to rectify it?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, janniebabe said:

On the CB in November and have been able to complete everything but the "Cruise Personalizer" circle on the app.  Still shows no green circle.  On Princess our names are green indicating all is done (I guess!).  Have even been able to order our Medallions without problem.  That lack of a green circle is bugging me tho - has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do to rectify it?  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue.  Eventually I will call Princess.  I was hoping it was a system thing and would fix itself, but it's been quite awhile now.

6 hours ago, janniebabe said:

I had this problem but once final payment was made everything worked as it should.

• Like 1