UBP and Grey Goose

15 hours ago, greatwhitenorth1 said:

20%+28 = $33.60/day to buy a drink over the 15$ limit. They will also put a limit on how much more then $15? So you would still need to pay for higher end wines ect.  I always upgraded on Celebrity, not a chance on NCL if that is what they do. 

Thanks. If that is the case, I am out on that deal. I would only do it if it was 20% of the $28, like how it is packaged as a perk.

No one actually pays the $99/day, directly that is.

Edited by willsears94

I hope they don't start charging for ice.

Standard 4 cubes - no charge

Crushed ice - .75 cents

Mini cubes of purified water 1.25

Reusable chilled straw 4.95

20% gratuity/service charge added for your convenience 

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PegNRay said:

So will NCL communicate this change to already booked passengers or will they just let them be surprised? There will be a lot of cruisers who booked under the previous pricing that will be very dissatisfied.

Exacty what I was thinking. I am booked on the Getaway for next Sunday. If not for this thread I would have definitely been surprised by this. 

I booked in November based on pricing back then. NCL has done nothing to inform passenegers. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, gmbhardy said:

Just off the Bliss. Effective January 12 NCL has revised liquor pricing. A whole bunch of things now have an up-charge including Grey Goose ($19.95) and my favourite Grand Mariner ($17.95). I am not a happy camper. Staying in the Haven in a few weeks and I can’t believe I will have to pay extra for these drinks. I spoke to the food and beverage manager and he told me they are coming out with another package that will cover the premium brands for another $28 a day. Can you believe that.

Grand Marnier is my favorite, too! This does not make me happy :(

Another Tito’s lover here, so I am still safe.  Still better than what some other lines just changed to.  I think on MSC if it is over the limit (and their limit is lower but so are some of the drink prices) you have to pay the full amount, not the difference.  I think.  They have made so many changes to theirs in the last few weeks no one knows what is included and what isn’t.  Not use about Carnival’s.

Just off the Pearl and they rolled out a Premium Package (upcharge from UBP). We were not notified. Grey Goose is not covered. I ordered a glass of champagne in Le Bistro that was listed on menu at $24 and was told it had gone up 2 days before to $37. They wouldn’t honor the 24. When the restaurant maitre’d came around I mentioned it and he blamed “Miami”.   I was in a Deluxe Owner’s Suite and my bar bottles, went from 3 to 1 (5 day cruise)with no heads up. I had to fight to get 2. Website still states 3. Most food was awful, especially Carney’s which is a shame. Le Bistro was good, La Cuchina was awful, Chineese place was ok (I like the spicy, noodle soup). Best food was crepes and fresh made pasta at buffet. We had a good time and will sail NCL when it is convenient, but will make Celebrity our preferred line. 

• Like 1

This is death by 1000 cuts.  The same thing has happened to Hendrick's Gin.  When I first looked at the list a year or so ago it was under the $15.  Then I saw a newer list that had it at $16.95.  Two bucks and change, no big deal.  Now it's $19.95, which brings it in at just under $6.  Similar deal with Zacapa 23 Rum, which went from $16.95 to $22.95.

I guess I’m easier to please than most... it seems like I can find plenty of options under $15 to enjoy. 

Your mileage may vary, of course.  If you can find a better deal on overall price with another cruise line including a better drink package, definitely take it. I’m not sure who that’d be, but I’m open to suggestions before I go buying CruiseNext certs in a few days. 

1 hour ago, PegNRay said:

So will NCL communicate this change to already booked passengers or will they just let them be surprised? There will be a lot of cruisers who booked under the previous pricing that will be very dissatisfied.

You just hit the nail on the head. I have six cruises booked over the next two years. I booked those cruises based on a product offering that included my favourite drinks being covered by the UBP. The travel and tourism industry seems to be the only business that can change the product after it has been purchased. It’s not fair. Most businesses will grandfather changes but not this industry. I’m going to start a new thread to consolidate discussion on this topic because I think NCL needs to know how their customers are reacting to this new cash grab.

Well, this may come off as harsh but it is not meant to be.  For cruises booked more than 120 days from now, you have the option of cancelling. That is the best way to show your disapproval.  There are  stores that I do not like or had a bad experience at, I won’t shop there.  There are airlines were I feel the flight attendants and staff are allowed to treat people miserably, I don’t fly them. Speak with your dollars, it does a whole lot more than complaining. 

2 hours ago, PegNRay said:

Over the past month or so, there have been numerous other changes that are yet to be confirmed but some people posted that in the owners suite for a cruise 5 days or less gets no bottles of alcohol, Margaritaville is no longer free during embarkation days for suite guests, and no first day 50% Food Republic.   Not saying any of this is true but it has been written here.  It looks like someone went over every area on NCL to find ways yet again to save money and increase revenue.

All alcohol is tracked.  Its likely many were using Grey Goose because it was covered on the drink package and someone at NCL saw dollar signs  $$$$$$

On 1/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, pizzuti15 said:

Exacty what I was thinking. I am booked on the Getaway for next Sunday. If not for this thread I would have definitely been surprised by this. 

I booked in November based on pricing back then. NCL has done nothing to inform passenegers. 

Agreed. I booked in November for 2/3 Getaway and am bringing 3 new cruisers. When I'M the salesperson for why cruising is great, I'm not happy to see that the deals change and NCL is absolutely robbing us pretending grey goose in a drink would cost $20 ANYWHERE