LIVE FROM - 2019 Pacific World Cruise - LA to LA

ccrain

Charles, I started following your Live report because you and Judy were booked on our 2020 cruise.     You do such an excellent job and I looked forward to each of your reports.   It brought such joy to my heart  reading how much you two enjoy cruising and having fun together.  I was shocked and sadden to hear of Judy's passing.   My deepest condolences.   I am hoping we will hear from you in the future.   Prayers to you and your family.

Sandy

My husband and I have enjoyed reading about you and Judy on your cruise adventures.  We were so heartbroken to read about your loss… we can’t imagine what you are going through.  Please know there are so many people that you and Judy have touched, even though we may never have met. You are in our thoughts and have our deepest sympathy.

I am so sorry to read about your loss, Charles. 

I never had the pleasure of sailing with you and Judy, and regret that I never will. 

You were fortunate to have gotten so much joy out of life together and made so many caring friends. 

You’ll be together again some day, but meanwhile, Judy is sailing on an endless sea of love. 

So sorry to hear of your tragic loss. We have enjoyed your posts and travelled vicariously through them. Your love for each other and of traveling was evident in these posts. In time, may these wonderful memories of your life together comfort you. God bless.

Judi and Barry

Charles,

I am so very sorry. I know that finding comfort is hard right now, but your years of adventure and love will see you through this and into the future.

I am going to leave you with a poem that has helped me. I hope it helps you too.

Blessed Be.

Deb

~~~~~

Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep

by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep 
I am not there. I do not sleep. 
I am a thousand winds that blow. 
I am the diamond glints on snow. 
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. 
I am the gentle autumn rain. 
When you awaken in the morning's hush 
I am the swift uplifting rush 
Of quiet birds in circled flight. 
I am the soft stars that shine at night. 
Do not stand at my grave and cry; 
I am not there. I did not die. 

Charles, the descriptions of your fun adventures have been so helpful and educational for the thousands of us who read them ... and now we learn of and share your incomprehensible loss.  I take comfort knowing the kind and caring support you received from the wonderful crew (who are also devastated) and that you've left behind a ship full of friends who will never forget you.  My heart hurts as I know the trauma you've been through and still lies ahead.  We're all out here thinking of you, having had our lives changed because of your terrible loss.  Please come back someday.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seattleslew said:

Charles, the descriptions of your fun adventures have been so helpful and educational for the thousands of us who read them ... and now we learn of and share your incomprehensible loss.  I take comfort knowing the kind and caring support you received from the wonderful crew (who are also devastated) and that you've left behind a ship full of friends who will never forget you.  My heart hurts as I know the trauma you've been through and still lies ahead.  We're all out here thinking of you, having had our lives changed because of your terrible loss.  Please come back someday.

Oh I so agree with your well spoken words.  To CCRAIN, your beautiful story, your love of Judy, your love of cruising,  for us all, yes this story just rips the heart apart, and those that have never met you, we have tears.   Your story left off, bringing her home, and you just can't bare the thought of posting on CC.. but please at least read.. read how you've inspired those to travel (more). Read how you must bring dance shoes (even though you said your 14's take up an entire bag).. Read how you will shop for Judy getting yarn, and communicate with her on ship (I hope she was ordering room service).. and what about the tool box and duct tape, weren't we all thinking INGENIOUS!.. Judy was one fortunate gal to be surrounded by your love. You have made so many proud for sharing your life and your journeys..  Judy - blessings to you on your next journey.. you are in our hearts thanks to Charles.  

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tawlaw1526 said:

Thank you so much for letting us all know.   I am glad that long journey is behind him.   

I think we all are. He has to be totally numb, I know my younger brother was when he lost his wife all of a sudden a few years back. Cheryl lost her late husband years before I met her, and she still has memories that creep up.

As I have said before, lets just keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

I think we all are. He has to be totally numb, I know my younger brother was when he lost his wife all of a sudden a few years back. Cheryl lost her late husband years before I met her, and she still has memories that creep up.

As I have said before, lets just keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

John.. thank you so much for being the voice of Charles for us. I come back to this blog several times a day for updates... glad to hear he is home now.    I can’t imagine what he is living, but it has really saddened and touched me and I think of Judy and Charles several times a day .. unbelievable.. seems like we were just on the Coral together 😩😢

Dolores and Mike

22 minutes ago, hillslife said:

John.. thank you so much for being the voice of Charles for us. I come back to this blog several times a day for updates... glad to hear he is home now.    I can’t imagine what he is living, but it has really saddened and touched me and I think of Judy and Charles several times a day .. unbelievable.. seems like we were just on the Coral together 😩😢

Dolores and Mike

Yes it does. I can still see her sitting with her group down in the International Cafe and the La Patisserie.