Diamond Princess in dry dock Singapore

I hope it gets a full range of repairs. I am booked to go on it again in 2020 for cherry blossom cruise. The issues may be spread out with some cabins spared and others in need of repairs due to whatever system is failing causing all the problems.

I hope they fix Cabin B255 DECK 11. This was the cabin from hell, no air conditioning for 11 days in Sth East Asia. Makes you think what do they actually repair or do they just put new carpet and chairs in the dining rooms and bars.

42 minutes ago, Anne Moore said:

I hope they fix Cabin B255 DECK 11. This was the cabin from hell, no air conditioning for 11 days in Sth East Asia. Makes you think what do they actually repair or do they just put new carpet and chairs in the dining rooms and bars.

You will need to find that USN engineer on the main Princess threads to get a good explanation. It can be useful. 

I can tell you one thing that when I started cruising about 17 years ago all ships had awesome air conditioning. When you stepped inside from being on deck in the pool the air conditioning was so strong it gave you an instant chill but you got used to it.

Some time after the price of oil started increasing and the GFC cruise lines started cutting back on costs and things like air conditioners were turned down considerably and the pools were no longer heated like they used to be.

I for one would like to see a good reason why things do not work. Either broken facilities or cost cutting and cabins in certain locations missing out because of the range of certain services around the ship.

2 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

Brisbane 41 - The marine engineer on these boards is a tanker Chief Engineer in the US Merchant Marine.

chengkp75? I think he's also worked on cruise ships in the past. I've learnt a lot from his posts.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, Anne Moore said:

Thanks, you are a hive of info, but I cannot find how to access the posts, any tips?

Sorry for the delay in replying, I missed your post somehow.

Hover over the Activity tab and select Search. Select the member search tab. Enter the member's name, ie chengkp75, into the search line and click on Search Members. That will bring up a list of members that match your search. In chengkp75's case there is only one. Click on Find Content to see everything that person has posted.  

Of late to see what cruise ships are coming to Oz I look at the shipping movements from Port Authority websites. They have to book so far ahead to get a berth that a lot of the lines have booked at far ahead as 2022.  I can see Diamond Princess from 2022 (Fremantle) so it looks like she 

will be coming to Aust waters for a while from then. 

Edited by reedy8
spelling error

11 hours ago, reedy8 said:

Of late to see what cruise ships are coming to Oz I look at the shipping movements from Port Authority websites. They have to book so far ahead to get a berth that a lot of the lines have booked at far ahead as 2022.  I can see Diamond Princess from 2022 (Fremantle) so it looks like she 

will be coming to Aust waters for a while from then. 

Yes the port schedules give a good indication of the ships that are coming , but we need to remember that until everything is finalised ,the cruise companies sometimes put down the name of any ship to make sure they get and keep the booking.