ZPM credit

JudithLynne

We completed our last HAL cruise on 12-30-2018. We just received a letter from HAL giving us a "Promo ZPM."  Had it not been for this web site I would not have known to look for that.  We have a HAL cruise booked for this June.  Can the ZPM promo be applied to an existing reservation?

3 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

We completed our last HAL cruise on 12-30-2018. We just received a letter from HAL giving us a "Promo ZPM."  Had it not been for this web site I would not have known to look for that.  We have a HAL cruise booked for this June.  Can the ZPM promo be applied to an existing reservation?

If you booked your cruise before you did your last one (12-30-18), not usually (although there have been exceptions).

If it’s not non refundable and there’s no special promos attached you can call and ask and if they won’t cancel and rebook it.  Just make sure that you are not losing anything with much more value than what the ZPM offers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Kazu....that does help.  We have Cyber perks attached to this cruise and do want to give them up.  We are in a NS, 14 day Alaska and the gratuities prepaid as a perk are $448, not to mention other perks.  In fact our perks, including TA perks, total $2300!  Not worth pursuing ZPM....thanks for saving me the time and effort.

Edited by JudithLynne

Actually, I would try to get it.  I've gotten it for previously booked cruises.  In fact, I plan on requesting it after my Feb/19 cruise for my Apr/20 cruise.  My PCC and I have already discussed adding it after the Feb/19 cruise.

Asking won't hurt; it will just take a little time.  The worst they could do is say no.  If it affects your Cyber Sale perks, then I agree, keep the Cyber Sale and forget about the ZPM.

• Like 1

Our PCC has applied ZPM to existing reservations that were booked long before the cruise that qualified us for the ZPM promotion. However, all of these were booked through her using future cruise credits. So if you used FCCs, it might still be worth inquiring about applying the ZPM.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Longstraw said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the ZPN & ZPM credits?

If you book a cruise within 60 days of returning home from a cruise, there is an OBC that will be gifted to you by HAL. The amount varies based on cabin category.
ZPN & ZPM are the two codes. One is for most cruises, the other is for Alaska cruise/tours.

All you have to do is ask for it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RuthC said:

If you book a cruise within 60 days of returning home from a cruise, there is an OBC that will be gifted to you by HAL. The amount varies based on cabin category.
ZPN & ZPM are the two codes. One is for most cruises, the other is for Alaska cruise/tours.

All you have to do is ask for it!

Used to be you’d always get the email but not any longer.  I’ve had to phone to have it added a few times now.  

40 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Used to be you’d always get the email but not any longer.

You never needed the e-mail, though. Never. You just needed to mention the promo. Same as now. Saves a step in Seattle by not sending the e-mail any longer.

5 minutes ago, RuthC said:

You never needed the e-mail, though. Never. You just needed to mention the promo. Same as now. Saves a step in Seattle by not sending the e-mail any longer.

I actually thought they had cancelled the promo until I read on here awhile ago about it again.  Honestly figured if I didn’t get the email I didn’t qualify but I did!   Again, CC is a fountain of good info.  

18 hours ago, Longstraw said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what are the ZPN & ZPM credits?

If I did not belong to CC and read about these credits, I would never had known either.  We actually got a letter in the mail and it triggered my memory about these credits.

• Like 1