Marina staterooms under Horizon Court

cruisequeen4ever

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

How noisy are the Marina staterooms under Horizon Court on the Royal and Regal? 

I believe Pam stayed in one in the 600’s that was a nightmare. 

We have stayed in the 700’s under the outside portion of the HC and it was fine. The further back the better. I would limit it to the last 6  cabins or so on either side.

51 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We have stayed in the 700’s under the outside portion of the HC and it was fine. The further back the better. I would limit it to the last 6  cabins or so on either side.

What Colo Cruiser states about Pam's experience is correct.  Our cabin was just below hers on Riviera deck on the Maiden Royal TA.

The locations of quiet and noisy cabins on Marina deck is quite spotty. Personally I wouldn't want to take a chance with a cabin on that deck.

We had a balcony cabin 612 on the Golden.  Right below  the Horizon Court.   Would probably be a few steps inside the sliding glass door as you enter the buffet from the pool or close to it.    Was a bit worried about it as it was an upsell and we normally would not consider that location.  We were happy with the cabin and didn't hear any loud noises.   

On 1/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes. I was in M611. Horrible. The noise started at 3:30am every morning. Loud enough to wake me from a sound sleep. Every night. Banging, crashing, carts, vacuums, etc. It was awful. My sister was in an inside down the hall beneath the Horizon Bistro. Again, constant noise. Every single cart throughout the day and night rattled above her. My next cruise on the Royal, I have a balcony on Caribe deck. Never ever again will I book a cabin that’s not beneath other cabins. 

One time we stayed in a cabin under the HC dining table area.  Late at night they dragged the tables around so they could clean the floor and then dragged them back.  Now we stay at least two decks below the Lido deck due to late night noise.  We booked our following cruise onboard and the future cruise lady agreed with us to not stay under the lido deck.  She was well aware of  the complaints. 

On 1/23/2019 at 5:01 PM, Tranquility Base said:

Would the forward cabins on Marina be considered sufficiently insulated by the Lido cabins above ?

This is regarding noise transfer from the forward Sun deck area.

As long as you have cabins above you, I see no problem at all.  There may be some noise during the day, but I doubt  it would bother you.  We are staying on that deck, a few cabins forward of the elevators, so I hope I'm correct. 😎