Scored the Yellow Cabana!

cruz-in

Our Cruise is only 3 weeks away. I was surprised the yellow cabana was still available. It was the only one left that was not near the "pirate ship". A little bit of a walk to the bathroom, bar, and food. However, a bit more peace and quiet are worth it. The NS is the only ship at HMC that day. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruz-in said:

Our Cruise is only 3 weeks away. I was surprised the yellow cabana was still available. It was the only one left that was not near the "pirate ship". A little bit of a walk to the bathroom, bar, and food. However, a bit more peace and quiet are worth it. The NS is the only ship at HMC that day. 

Congratulations.

Glad you are not near the Pirate ship.

25 minutes ago, taosjellybean said:

My cruise Eurodam is 8 days away. I cannot find booking a Cabana

anywhere on Shore Exchrsions. Help!

The cabanas in question are on Half Moon Cay, HALs private island in the Bahamas. The Eurodam if I am not mistaken is doing West Coast sailings. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taosjellybean said:

My cruise goes to Hawaii. I just need to know how to book a cabana other than on board. Some people said I could book ahead on Holland website 

If you want to book a ship cabana for the whole length of the cruise, you should call ship services. If the ship has them , of course. Sorry, don't have the number handy.

Edited by OVgirl

4 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

If you want to book a ship cabana for the whole length of the cruise, you should call ship services. If the ship has them , of course. Sorry, don't have the number handy.

Eurodam has both Lido and Retreat Cabanas. Call Ship's Services: 800-541-1576

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Eurodam has both Lido and Retreat Cabanas. Call Ship's Services: 800-541-1576

Yes, unfortunately the "Retreat Cabanas" on the Eurodam replaced all of the regular tables and 4 chairs on the port side of the Lido Pool area so HAL can make more $$$.   

It's tough enough at lunchtime on a sea day to get an open table to eat your lunch from the Dive-In in the Lido Pool area because many people tie up a whole table reading a book.   People pile their bags, towels, and their feet on the remaining 3 chairs so the table is unusable for someone looking to sit down with a Dive-In lunch.  The Dive-In pagers do not work in the far end of the Lido buffet dining area, so you have to stand around in the Lido Pool area, waiting for your pager to sound, and then carry your Dive-In burger or hot dog and drink around, looking for an available table.

If you want to read a book during lunch time, there are plenty of quiet areas on the ship with drink service.  Please be courteous to people who want to sit down and eat their Dive-In lunch.  Don't hog a whole table with just one person reading at lunch time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TAD2005 said:

Yes, unfortunately the "Retreat Cabanas" on the Eurodam replaced all of the regular tables and 4 chairs on the port side of the Lido Pool area so HAL can make more $$$.   

It's tough enough at lunchtime on a sea day to get an open table to eat your lunch from the Dive-In in the Lido Pool area because many people tie up a whole table reading a book.   People pile their bags, towels, and their feet on the remaining 3 chairs so the table is unusable for someone looking to sit down with a Dive-In lunch.  The Dive-In pagers do not work in the far end of the Lido buffet dining area, so you have to stand around in the Lido Pool area, waiting for your pager to sound, and then carry your Dive-In burger or hot dog and drink around, looking for an available table.

If you want to read a book during lunch time, there are plenty of quiet areas on the ship with drink service.  Please be courteous to people who want to sit down and eat their Dive-In lunch.  Don't hog a whole table with just one person reading at lunch time.

And now for the facts. The Lido cabanas are on the Lido Deck, not the Retreat cabanas. The Retreat cabanas are two decks up, and have no impact on the seating in the Lido area.

The cabanas didn't replace any seating. On Eurodam and N. Amsterdam, the ship departed the shipyard when newly built with the Lido cabanas in place. There were never chairs and tables there.

HAL is not doing the cruise business to lose money or break even, they are in it to make money. And in case you haven't noticed, there is demand for cabanas.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 8:41 AM, cruz-in said:

Gratz!! We love the cabanas and we also prefer being farther out. We have had green, red, and yellow and enjoyed them all. If you want the butler service, book it soon. They sold out on our cruise and we are waitlisted and hoping by sail time a wonderful butler becomes available. 

22 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

And now for the facts. The Lido cabanas are on the Lido Deck, not the Retreat cabanas. The Retreat cabanas are two decks up, and have no impact on the seating in the Lido area.

The cabanas didn't replace any seating. On Eurodam and N. Amsterdam, the ship departed the shipyard when newly built with the Lido cabanas in place. There were never chairs and tables there.

HAL is not doing the cruise business to lose money or break even, they are in it to make money. And in case you haven't noticed, there is demand for cabanas.

I realize that the Eurodam and N. Amsterdam were outfitted that way from the start.  But all of the Vista and R Class ships I have been on, there are tables with 4 chairs on both sides of the Lido pool area, and even with that huge number of tables,  it is very tough to find an open table around lunch time.   These Lido Cabanas (or whatever they are called, that is not the issue) eliminate tables for eating or drinking on a public deck, where, on a sea day, space is limited.   The Retreat Cabanas on the higher deck did not eliminate public (free to use) tables.  That space was pretty much open deck.   These Lido Cabanas took away the space where free public tables could have been located, and in a place that is very crowded on sea days, and force you to cough up $30 to be able to sit down and eat your Dive-In lunch or enjoy some drinks from the lido Bar.    This would be similar to charging a surcharge to sit in prime select areas of the Ocean Bar.