Car from Rome to Port of Civitavecchia

catwoman1

If you're mobile and not too burdened with luggage, the train is the least expensive way, at less than 10 euro for a one-way ticket to Civitavecchia on a regional train. Lots of info here on these boards on how to do that.

For a less expensive ride than a private driver, there are shared van services. The cost is around 70-80 euros for 2 people. They will pick you up at your hotel and drop you at your ship, so no schlepping of luggage. However, you will likely be sharing the van with another couple or two. 

One such service I have used (both for myself and for my parents) and can recommend is romashuttle.com 

17 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Check out RomeCabs.com.

We used RomeCabs.com last year and i couldn't have been happier. We ended up disembarking over an hour earlier than anticipated and the driver was already there. I don't remember exactly what the cost was, but i think it ended up being 210euro for 4 people from the port to Rome, then Rome to FCO the following day. Nice Mercedes vans, friendly drivers. 

On 1/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Just a little reading down the board will find many suggestions, including our preference, the wonderful Rome in Limo.

$300 is extremely expensive, unless there is something we don't know here.

I tried them but they are booked for my dates.  Thanks all for the suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Just a little reading down the board will find many suggestions, including our preference, the wonderful Rome in Limo.

$300 is extremely expensive, unless there is something we don't know here.

We used RomeCabs.com two times and probably will use them again on our upcoming cruise later this year.

• Airport to Rome 50€ for 2 peoples
  • Pier to Rome 130€ for 2 peoples.

Our second time with them (told them in the email) they gave us a discount from the standard price.

If you can find others to share the cost probably would be better so give them a try.

Happy cruising.

We used NCC Airport to take us from our hotel in Rome to the port at Civitavecchia.  We opted for their shared shuttle.  It was 70 euros for the 2 of us. They picked us up at the door of our hotel and dropped us right at the ship.  There was one other couple on the shuttle.  I liked that the day before the transfer they texted (or emailed) me a photo of the driver who would be picking us up,  the type of vehicle, and the time they would pick us up. The vehicle as a very comfortable van.   It was a great service and I will use them agin in the fall when we do our next cruise from Rome.  

They also do private transfers.