Is Celebrity having a 50% off Beverage Package Sale?

SRQMom

I just saw a post on my Roll Call for an April sailing where someone mentioned a 50% off beverage package sale.  I asked about it on the roll call post, but so far no reply.  Does anyone know of this sale??  My wife's not a big drinker (glass of wine at dinner) but at 50% off, I'd sure make up for what she doesn't drink and it would pay for itself. 

20 minutes ago, SRQMom said:

I just saw a post on my Roll Call for an April sailing where someone mentioned a 50% off beverage package sale.  I asked about it on the roll call post, but so far no reply.  Does anyone know of this sale??  My wife's not a big drinker (glass of wine at dinner) but at 50% off, I'd sure make up for what she doesn't drink and it would pay for itself. 

The 50% off sale was early December. It was a flash sale that was only on for a few days. 

Just checked in Cruise Planner for a couple cruises I have booked and there isn't a promotion currently available that I can find.

The sale is usually 50% off 2 packages.    In reality it is 25% each package.    I don't drink and have purchased a single package for my spouse and received a 25% discount.  This is not combinable with the Loyalty discount. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

The sale is usually 50% off 2 packages.    In reality it is 25% each package.    I don't drink and have purchased a single package for my spouse and received a 25% discount.  This is not combinable with the Loyalty discount. 

The cruise the OP refers to did have a 50% off the drinks package. I jumped on it. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, UKPete71 said:

That's because it was only available over a weekend at the beginning of December during a flash sale.

That's not true.  The sale started in December and the drinks packages still remain at the sale price right now.  This is on the Solstice Sydney to Hawaii Transpacific on April 12, 2019.

They had a flash sale in Dec and had between 10 - 50 % off drink packages and excursions depending on cruises and dates - not sure if it covered speciality dining . I think a lot of people took advantage of it - we upgraded from classic to premium drinks for only $10 pp pn and booked some excursions 40% off 

7 hours ago, Dimarie40 said:

That's not true.  The sale started in December and the drinks packages still remain at the sale price right now.  This is on the Solstice Sydney to Hawaii Transpacific on April 12, 2019.

It is as I was talking about the specific cruise asked about. 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Sale is happening again right now.  I'm not sure if it's just for our cruise specifically, but I just purchased the Premium beverage package for 50% off (they are doing a BOGO offer).  The DW doesn't drink much but at that price, even a few Latte's and a glass of wine a day makes it worth it.  Not sure when it started.  I posted it on our Roll call just in case it's "cruise specific".  

1 hour ago, SRQMom said:

Sale is happening again right now.  I'm not sure if it's just for our cruise specifically, but I just purchased the Premium beverage package for 50% off (they are doing a BOGO offer).  The DW doesn't drink much but at that price, even a few Latte's and a glass of wine a day makes it worth it.  Not sure when it started.  I posted it on our Roll call just in case it's "cruise specific".  

would you mind providing a link?   I can't find anything on the website regarding this, thanks :)

Just go to your "booked Cruises", under cruise planner "beverage packages".   The prices are adjusted on those packages that are on sale.   There is no banner, nor text regarding this.  You just see a reduced price on the particular package or upgrade.

2 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Just go to your "booked Cruises", under cruise planner "beverage packages".   The prices are adjusted on those packages that are on sale.   There is no banner, nor text regarding this.  You just see a reduced price on the particular package or upgrade.

Michidoeme is right.  It's sort of "buried".  If I hadn't gone into the Cruise Planner and clicked on the Beverage package, I would never have known.  No email notification or banner or anything.  So I posted it here to alert everyone of the sale.  

I wish it would go on sale for my upcoming cruise.  A discount (or not) will definitely make a difference in what I decide to purchase.  I have been looking everyday and there is definitely no discount showing.  Sail in 6 weeks on the Edge, maybe they feel they don't need to discount, or maybe it is too close to sailing?

I have never booked a cruise so 'late', I am usually booked far far ahead and either the drink package is included or they have a sale somewhere along the way, this time I fear they don't discount this close to sailing but hopefully I am wrong (or maybe the Edge won't have discounts.)  😢

Edited by poffles