Bikes on Princess

RMMariner

1 hour ago, nocl said:

I believe that on Cunard when it comes to non-service pets they must remain in the kennel on board and while a passenger may visit their pet, it is during certain hours and the pet may not leave the kennel area.

You are correct. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 8:55 PM, john watson said:

With 10 bikes you would need a full suite or if you travel more basic, adjoining cabins with an intercommunicating door.  Seriously though Princess currently offer a cycling tour at Guernsey over on Sark.  The great thing about this island is that motor vehicles are not allowed not even ambulances so it's pretty safe.  There is an exception for agricultural tractors.

Regards John

I don't take 10 bikes on a cruise with me.

When I go on a cruise, I've been taking 1 bicycle with me and it's a Citizen Miami folding bicycle. I'm usually booked in a basic balcony or oceanview cabin. I take a few spare tires, patch kit, air pump, helmet and a gopro. Anything else I may need I can also pick up along the way as there is usually a bicycle shop/walmart/target/home depot/etc. available along the way. The bike stay in my cabin when not in use and only is used in port and not on board.

At this time (Dec 2020), Princess still bans all bicycles as stated in the Princess FAQ:
https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

NCL, Carnival, Cunard do not have a Ban on bicycles. HAL does have a ban on bicycles.

Happy Holidays & Safe travels.

- WYB

7 hours ago, WYB! said:

At this time (Dec 2020), Princess still bans all bicycles as stated in the Princess FAQ:
https://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

Delete previous comment.

I just saw bicycles mentioned.

It's sort of stupid to deny people from enjoying themselves off the ship especially when it doesn't interfere with anyone on the ship. 

Maybe the thinking was that someone would want to use it on the jogging/walking track?

Edited by MissP22

Although according to the current Princess's Prohibited items list, it is permitted to bring on Segways, knives with a 2" blade or Diver’s Knives and Princess does make exceptions for firearms too.

Edited by WYB!

I believe the crew still has the option of using bikes that Princess has allocated for them. They leave a deposit & for the day & get it back later on.

It seems to me that it could be allowed for passenger also. 

• 1 year later...

This is an old post but I will respond anyway. 

1) People want to ride their bikes on land off the ship.

2) Princess does not allow folding bikes to be brought on board.

3) There are lines that do allow folding bikes on board.

4) The bikers still cruise on Princess.

What am I missing here?

DON

On 7/23/2022 at 10:28 AM, donaldsc said:

This is an old post but I will respond anyway. 

1) People want to ride their bikes on land off the ship.

2) Princess does not allow folding bikes to be brought on board.

3) There are lines that do allow folding bikes on board.

4) The bikers still cruise on Princess.

What am I missing here?

DON

Can you please point out to me where it says no "folding" bicycles. I am only asking because they might have changed their policy for "folding" bicycles. I also tried to get a hold of somebody at Princess who can give me an answer but so far I am unable to get connected with their solution department.

Theo

27 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Can you please point out to me where it says no "folding" bicycles. I am only asking because they might have changed their policy for "folding" bicycles. I also tried to get a hold of somebody at Princess who can give me an answer but so far I am unable to get connected with their solution department.

Theo

I could not find it but I do remember a long discussion on CC on this topic.  Hopefully you may be right on this change in policy.

DON

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I was thinking about there being a fire hazard due to charging them in the cabin. ??

Based on the FAQ...it sounds as if Princess has drawn a line in the sand as far as *any* kind of bike is concerned...but you raise an extremely valid point about possible fire hazard. 

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a request to Princess in the beginning of July regarding bringing my "folding" bicycle on board. So far I did not get a reply either yah or nah so I decide to not press my luck and left the bike at home.

Now we are on the Royal Princess and just out of curiosity I asked at the service desk what they think of bringing a bicycle (folding or otherwise)on board. Their answer, after checking by phone probably with HO; 

"As long as you are not planning to ride it on the ship you are good to go, NO objection".

Next time I will bring it.

Theo

3 minutes ago, Renmar said:

I sent a request to Princess in the beginning of July regarding bringing my "folding" bicycle on board. So far I did not get a reply either yah or nah so I decide to not press my luck and left the bike at home.

Now we are on the Royal Princess and just out of curiosity I asked at the service desk what they think of bringing a bicycle (folding or otherwise)on board. Their answer, after checking by phone probably with HO; 

"As long as you are not planning to ride it on the ship you are good to go, NO objection".

Next time I will bring it.

Theo

I am guessing that the reason that they initially banned them is that some idiot decided to ride his bike around the ship.  As we well know - idiocy does not stop you from cruising.

DON