Per recent LA Time Celebrity Edge review, new Royal ship to have Infinite Balcony

rakes5

In this January 27th LA Times Celebrity Edge review, there is this quote about halfway into the article, when describing the Infinite Verandas.

"Will we see this type of room on other ships? I got a quick “Yes” when I asked Richard Fain, chief executive of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. They will next appear on a new Royal Caribbean ship, he said."

I wonder which ship he is referring to.

From a different article Bayley said they would look at them for Icon class as well as potentially Oasis 5.

One big drawback is that for those with connecting cabins that liked to open the balcony partition to create one big balcony is that it cannot be done with the infinite balconies.

Royal’s new-build vessels meanwhile, will adopt one of the key features onboard the newest ship of sister line Celebrity Cruises’ Celebrity Edge – the Infinite Veranda. “Edge has a lot of innovation. We need time to assess what works well and what doesn’t but we will take on some elements and put them on the new class of ship – Icon class and potentially Oasis 5,” he says.

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/royal-caribbean-gears-up-for-a-busy-2019-16766

This should be interesting.  As the Edge got closer to launch, I started to read the Celebrity threads in regards to her.  Let's just say there seems Love/Hate opinions on the Infinity Cabins.  Very little middle ground.

1 minute ago, gatour said:

This should be interesting.  As the Edge got closer to launch, I started to read the Celebrity threads in regards to her.  Let's just say there seems Love/Hate opinions on the Infinity Cabins.  Very little middle ground.

I’ve talked to a couple of people who sailed and they are definitely on the hate side.

The choice of balconies on the Edge is very limited. The side balconies, fore and aft, are round, enclosed in steel, and you have to look out in the middle to see anything. The only regular balconies are in suites, and rear facing.