Table for two for breakfast on Pearl?

BlushPell

Hello all,

This will be my first NCL cruise and I am wondering if while dining in the Indigo Dining room for breakfast are you able to request a table for two? I have eaten on other lines for breakfast and have always had to sit at a larger table. I am not a morning person and don't tend to talk much and like the quiet while I get going for the day but would like a fresh breakfast rather than the buffet. Thanks for your help.

6 minutes ago, BlushPell said:

Hello all,

This will be my first NCL cruise and I am wondering if while dining in the Indigo Dining room for breakfast are you able to request a table for two? I have eaten on other lines for breakfast and have always had to sit at a larger table. I am not a morning person and don't tend to talk much and like the quiet while I get going for the day but would like a fresh breakfast rather than the buffet. Thanks for your help.

Hi, we just got off the Pearl on Sunday. We always had a table for just the 2 of us each day in the Summer Palace Main Dinning Room at the back of the ship. i don' think the Indigo was open for breakfast. 

On NCL you can always sit at a table with just two people, just tell the host that's what you want. As mentioned above the Summer Palace is the Main Dining room typically open for breakfast. You can also get a served breakfast at the Pub, Osheehan's, including custom omelets.On six NCL cruises I've probably only hit the buffet for breakfast 2-3 times. I don't need a big selection for breakfast when I know there's an abundance of food all day and night on the ship.

If you not much of a morning person and you just want food, not a lot of interaction you can also order room service. A Continental breakfast will be fee free, but if you add in things like eggs, bacon, etc. you'll be assess a service charge, typically $7.95.

So far, I have only been asked to share a table at breakfast once on an NCL sailing and that was to avoid a wait. I was welcome to wait for a table for two to open up, but elected not to and met some lovely people for that one meal.

I want to second Nola26's mention of room service breakfast. You are given several door hanger cards in your room for breakfast orders. You fill them out the night before and leave them on your door. Whatever you order will be delivered in the time window you specified on the card. You can order "cold" items like cereal, fruit, pastries, and yogurt all for free. As well as beverages like coffee, tea, and milk. You will only be assessed the room service charge if you order from the list of hot items like eggs or bacon at the bottom of the card.

7 hours ago, BlushPell said:

Hello all,

We have never had a problem. And I know what you mean about large tables, especially in the morning. I am not a lover of them either. I will not mention the line but one we have cruised 3 or 4 times always seated at a large table, every meal. I didn't like it one bit. Let me add, I am generally very friendly but get tired of sharing a table, regardless of the time of day. 

On my cruise in October on the Gem parties of one, two, or three were asked if they would share tables at breakfast, because there were always tables for six available. A smaller party than four could get a table alone but not as quickly.

13 hours ago, BlushPell said:

Hello all,

The thing I always loved about breakfast on Pearl was getting food from the buffet and taking it out onto the Great Outdoors (lido area). Small tables, always peaceful.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, BlushPell said:

Hello all,

Not a problem at all. I travel solo often and always get a table for one at breakfastin the dining room.

• Like 1

Usually our party of 2 table is actually a party of 8 or more with tables spaces seperated by about 1 foot between us, awkward, all of us know we all wanted to be by ourselves, sometimes we just end up chatting and eating with the party of 2 that is right next to us 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:46 AM, quercus alba said:

The thing I always loved about breakfast on Pearl was getting food from the buffet and taking it out onto the Great Outdoors (lido area). Small tables, always peaceful.

Yes on the Dawn they ruined that dining area and made it a children play area