Cabin cleaning

cali-croozer

I tried searching, but guess I am using the wrong terms so........haven't been on Carnival for awhile.  Last time, the cabin was serviced twice daily.  Then I heard they would ask you on the first day whether you wanted once or twice daily service.  What is the current policy on this?  We are sailing the Inspiration in a regular cabin, not a suite, if that makes a difference.  Thanks in advance.

It's also the time to tell them any other preferences you have, like you want an ice bucket daily, you like to have extra towels, you want bathrobes, etc. We are pretty low maintenance, so we just ask for once a day service in the evening and some extra towels.

• Like 1

Just now, James4me said:

I’d like my room cleaned twice, morning and evening.  I hope I don’t get the stink eye 🙄 LOL.

You won't, they are so accommodating.  I only like once a day but I really don't want people in my space. I guess I'm a bitty goofy  : )

• Like 2

When sailing with the kiddo we always request both morning and evening.  When it's just hubby and me, we usually do morning only.  Last sailing when our room steward check and we said morning only, he said, "Really?  Are you sure?  I can do twice a day."  When we reassured him we were fine with once a day he told us to just let him know if we changed our mind.  He was amazing and went out of his way to help us with things.  

12 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

I thought the twice daily cleaning was unnecessary but we did like the evening turn down service and towel animal.

It's never been twice a day cleaning and has always been once during the day cleaning and turn down service in the evening. Turn down on Carnival is like that performed in a first class hotel in the states: used towels replaced, waste cans emptied, drapes closed, bed turned down, Fun Times and flyers left in the cabin and on Carnival a towel animal of course.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

I thought twice daily was unnecessary until I realized that it meant I wouldn't have clean, dry towels for my morning shower if I'd showered after an excursion the previous afternoon.

Even though we hung them on the racks, they didn't dry thoroughly.

Towel animals were there, even though we had morning cleanings.  They were delivered during our dinner, along with the next day's news.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses and tips

24 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

At what time do we have to be out of our cabin for morning cleaning?  :classic_unsure:

You do not have to be out of your cabin at a certain time.  It's up to you.  We like to get up early to exercise, then come back to take a shower and then go to breakfast.  We will put the do not disturb sign up while we exercise so the steward won't be in there when we get back for a shower.  They will be lurking in the halls and see when you leave so they can clean.  Typically in the evening, they know if you have early or late dinner and will come in at that time.  If you have YTD, they'll just keep an eye out.

We are very private and quite neat!

We don't even like the cabin cleaned once every day!

We allow them to come in once every few days when we are ashore.

Our towels always dry completely overnight and if we do need something we just ask for it instead of having them come in to do a whole cleaning!

Everyone is different so glad there are all sorts of options!

Just off the Pride, with morning cleaning only -  Towel animals was always left when the finished in the morning.  When we met the cabin steward on Day 1 and said only morning service but wanted the ice bucket refilled in the evening - it was no problem and they never missed coming by in the evening to fill it up

Our last cruise we had a paper given to us by our steward to check morning, evening or both for cleaning. I checked morning but asked if he could change towels in the evening. We got morning cleaning and nightly turndown service like it used to be. The only difference was no chocolates on the pillows.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416