Passport expiration recommendations

cruiserjt

20 minutes ago, SRF said:

But some cruise lines require a passport with 6 months validity, no matter what the actual regulation/laws are.

True, but this thread is not about 'some cruise lines', it is about a Celebrity cruise in the Western Caribbean per the OP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Absolutely and completely incorrect.  Each country establishes its own laws and regulations regarding immigration, and those laws and regulations often make distinctions between citizens of various countries.  There is no blanket lumping of US and Canadian citizens.

Now, there are a number of countries that have the same regulations regarding US and Canadian citizens.  But that's a function of coincidence, not of linkage.  And a number that have different regulations.  By design.

I cant even begin to tell you how wrong you are but notnin the mood to spar.

Suffice it to say that the only thing that matters when entering a foreign country is their immigration and national laws.  The laws of your home land mean nothing.

48 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

I cant even begin to tell you how wrong you are but notnin the mood to spar.

Suffice it to say that the only thing that matters when entering a foreign country is their immigration and national laws.  The laws of your home land mean nothing.

If you look at the highlighed and bolded passage, my disagreement was with lumping USA and Canada citizens together.

Completely agree that it is up to the country you wish to enter.

So pick what you want to spar or not spar.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thinfool said:

True, but this thread is not about 'some cruise lines', it is about a Celebrity cruise in the Western Caribbean per the OP.

So no one every reads these threads for information that might not see that part?

If this thread was in the Celebrity section, you might have a point.

Edited by SRF

On February 3, 2019 at 1:00 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

In the worst case scenario, you can take your own photo and correctly size it with a tool available on the US State Dept. website. 

Good luck.

I did not have the opportunity to go to the county office till today.The person that I spoke to said there was nothing wrong with the picture and it was absolutely ridiculous that it was returned.He personally took a picture of me today and stapled it to the application with a notation that his office took the photo.I am sending it in tomorrow.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:52 PM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Caribbean nations that enforce the six-month validity rule are Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Honduras, Martinique, St. Barthelemy, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago, and Panama (where the passport must be valid three months beyond arrival).

That, for most of these destinations, is probably for arrival by air.

When arriving by ship, and on a ship that was known to be departing the same day (can't speak to any overnights, if there are any), at a few of these islands (and some others), no passport was even requested.  We showed the ship ID card in most places to get into the port area, and then again to get back into the secure ship area.

GC

50 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

That, for most of these destinations, is probably for arrival by air.

When arriving by ship, and on a ship that was known to be departing the same day (can't speak to any overnights, if there are any), at a few of these islands (and some others), no passport was even requested.  We showed the ship ID card in most places to get into the port area, and then again to get back into the secure ship area.

GC

We also only needed to show the ships ID card and at one port we were not asked for anything which was a bit strange.