NCL soda package

Price31

Yes and yes.  Last time we had it, we had a mug.  I don't think there are self serve machines on any ship, so you have to go to a bar or the little bar section in the buffet.  Sometimes they wanted to see the card sometimes they just filled it.  Having had the soda package on NCL and Royal, it's so much easier on Royal with the Freestyle machines.  Maybe NCL will convert to the Pepsi versions someday...

18 minutes ago, Price31 said:

How does this work on NCL? Are kids given a mug? Can they get sodas at any bar?

Yes, the way it works is you can get a mug and a sticker on your card and at any bar they can get a soda.  Pretty simple.

Yes you are entitled to a mug with the adult soda package.  All you have to do is show your card and ask for it at the Atrium bar.  I've done it recently on the Epic, Jewel, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape. 

According to information on ncl.com regarding the soda package, it comes with a thermal mug (please see below). But I am suspecting this is the case only when you PURCHASE the package, and not when it is part of any promotional perks...? And that is why some people say "yes" and others "no" about receiving a "mug" with the package?

image.png.0e08f19d64df8a817f28f650dc12d751.png

15 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

According to information on ncl.com regarding the soda package, it comes with a thermal mug (please see below). But I am suspecting this is the case only when you PURCHASE the package, and not when it is part of any promotional perks...? And that is why some people say "yes" and others "no" about receiving a "mug" with the package?

Why are they showing cans? It doesn't include cans. 

23 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

That is absoolutely not true.  If "soda" is on your card, you will be given a cup when you ask for it - whether purchased or a perk.  By the way, it's not such a great cup.

Nope, couldn’t get one anywhere asked multiple times.

41 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I paid for my package, couldnt get a mug anywhere.

55 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Sounds like you made out, then. It specifically says fountain. Maybe if you give a little baksheesh.

I didn’t see a fountain used anywhere, most places they would open a can and pour it into a cup, one barman would just hand me a can, and no no tips, bribes etc given as we went.

though on the penultimate night one guy got a bit.

4 minutes ago, missycruisin said:

is there any free drinks? do you have to pay for water too or better off drinking tap water in the bathroom?

At the Buffet there is always water and one or more simulated diluted fruit punch juice drinks.

Ice tea on some cruises - ice coffee you make your own - bring you own kool aid packs to make your flavored drink.

Full body Orange Juice is generally available during the breakfast hours at the Buffet.

Regarding the cans of fountain soda - the older ships until they have a dry-dock renovation will have the

cans until fitted with the soda dispensing gun - which pretty much at this point in time should be all of NCL ships.

Still yet some drinks may be in cans - Ginger Ale for one.

The "Shirley Temple" and "Roy Rogers" kiddie cocktails should be made under the Soda Package - no alcohol

is involved - optional umbrellas and straws !

AND YES ADULTS CAN GET kiddie cocktails too !

Regarding those initial Soda Package mugs/cups - I would pass on that - all the hygienic cleanliness issues on board

ships these days - reuse is questionable and if you needed the mug/cup for a refill - you would perhaps have to go

back to your cabin and get it.

• 11 months later...