Oasis GTY Cabin

Morris4me

Just now, Morris4me said:

I have a Guarantee cabin booked on Oasis.  At what point do they notify me of cabin assignment?
Also, even thought I booked and Inside GTY, is it possible that I could get an oceanview or balcony?

You could get your assignment anytime up until you show up at the cruise terminal.

It's possible for you to get any type of stateroom, but most likely it will be an inside.

17 minutes ago, Morris4me said:

I have a Guarantee cabin booked on Oasis.  At what point do they notify me of cabin assignment?
Also, even thought I booked and Inside GTY, is it possible that I could get an oceanview or balcony?

Most likely you will get an inside cabin, that being said, if they do upgrade you it will be a better location or one category higher.  I would not expect a balcony.

Edited by birdie16

With the new "Royal Up" program, the chance of a complimentary upgrade to anything other than an inside cabin is very small.  Watch for a Royal Up email just prior to sailing, check the opening bid prices for different cabin types and consider making an offer.

My last GTY on Oasis was not assigned until 5 days before sail date.  Had JS GTY, and was extremely pleased when assigned GS cabin.  🙂   

Now since the Upsell bidding program has come about...I don't ever expect to lucky on higher cat cabin again.  Sigh....RIP upgrade fairy.  

19 hours ago, Morris4me said:

Check inventory left at RCI's UK site - that will tell you the odds of getting something other than an inside.