Summit - New Room configurations!!!

trvl_fanatic

I just happened to log onto our account today to review our reservations & excursions for our April 13 2019 cruise aboard the summit, and now under the description of our room went from 3 person cabin, to a 2 person cabin.  Problem is, we are a PARTY of 3!  Celebrity hasn't even notified us of this change.  

I tried calling the hotline this evening,  but they're only open until 8pm EST 😥

I'm hoping it's a computer glitch, but I saw on cruise critic the new Millenium post-dry dock deck plans and the same room on that ship is now a 2 person occupancy cabin as well

Will try to call the cruise line again tomorrow

danalea1980, i used the chat feature on the website, and according to the rep, since i booked it at a 3 person, it will still have a sofa bed.  she couldn't explain why the website said otherwise.  i asked her if it's going to end up being a rollaway bed or air mattress to accomodate the 3rd person, but she said it was

anyways, i had found the millenium deck plans, but now i can't find the link.

i didn't have time yesterday to call during normal business hours, i will try after work tomorrow maybe

Read about someone else who are a party of 3 in what is now a cabin for 2.  

After contacting X and some back and forth they have been moved to 2 connecting cabins.  Seems  the cabin they booked for  3 will  now only accommodate 2.

To see the deck plans go to X site, ships, Millennium and then click on the deck plan dates - upper right hand corner and you can scroll down to the dates for the new deck plans.  I won’t trust the online chat as yesterday they said they had no idea about the new AQ cabins on deck 10.

Edited by jelayne

thanks jelayne for the advice.  i went to the X website, clicked on the summit deck plans which said it's valid until april 20, 2019?  so that one says it's still a 3 person room.  hope that part of website is accurate.

Edited by trvl_fanatic

update:  i just spoke to the X rep.  they said they are in the process of updating the website (so the summit plans are still old) and they were sending emails this week to the people who had conflicting rooms.  spent a good 20minutes on the phone, but they found a new room to accomodate us.

We are on the Summit for the same sailing. On the updated Millenium deck plan it looks like the cabin we have booked is changing from a 3 person to a 2 person. Did you find that when you logged onto Celebrity and went to “manage your reservation”

that was where you saw the change?  As

of right now ours still says capacity of 3. We are booked in one of the C1 aft cabins for the first time and I will be very disappointed if that isn’t available for our family anymore. I’ll call tomorrow. Did you find they were very accommodating?  And more informed now than a few days ago?  Thanks for any advice. 

I was able to get through tonight and they told me that our stateroom (8185) will still be able to accommodate 3 people. I hope this is true. They did say there are around 400 staterooms that changed capacity but they claimed those went from 4 to 3. That seems different than what others are reporting here, so not sure what to believe. 

Edited by Slakes

I was booked in a C1 aft on Summit (3 occupants).  On the new deck plans for the Millennium this cabin is now showing occupancy of 2.  I decided to be proactive and move us before Celebrity moved us to something we did not want.  Luckily one corner FV was available so we jumped on it - and saved some money because the FV was less expensive than the C1.  

Edited by jcpc

We just got an email from our TA stating they recieved a call from Celebrity.  We were originally in the forward facing corner Oceanview cabin 7003 with a lot of extra space.  The new configuration is now 2 person only.  This does not surprise me as i have not been able to do mock bookings on deck 7 oceanview for about 2 weeks for 3 in the room.  They have upgraded us to a balcony on deck 8.  

• 4 weeks later...

How far out is everyone's cruises that have called and been switched? We just booked a Guaranteed OV for 3 in August and within hours they assigned us to room 3000. This room on the Millennium is showing as a 2 person room. Wondering if I should call now or if they won't do something yet since our cruise is 5 months out.

6 hours ago, azdteapot23 said:

How far out is everyone's cruises that have called and been switched? We just booked a Guaranteed OV for 3 in August and within hours they assigned us to room 3000. This room on the Millennium is showing as a 2 person room. Wondering if I should call now or if they won't do something yet since our cruise is 5 months out.

Since you have already identified a problem, I would call now.  There’s no downside to doing so except using some time (which I suspect will turn out to be well spent). Why wouldn’t Celebrity fix the problem now?

Edited by Turtles06

I’ve been told that the room configurations on Summit are different than on Millennium.  But you should contact Celebrity now to make sure you are indeed in a cabin that will accommodate 3.

11 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Since you have already identified a problem, I would call now.  There’s no downside to doing so except using some time (which I suspect will turn out to be well spent). Why wouldn’t Celebrity fix the problem now?

Actually, there could be a downside since others have posted that they were later upgraded to a balcony to accommodate them.

19 hours ago, azdteapot23 said:

You can change room any time after being assigned a room, at least for U.S. bookings.   

15 hours ago, jcpc said:

I’ve been told that the room configurations on Summit are different than on Millennium.  But you should contact Celebrity now to make sure you are indeed in a cabin that will accommodate 3.

The  new deck plans for tge Summit on now on the Celebrity website so you can check and see how many the cabins will accommodate.

Cabin 3000 is showing as having a convertible sofa.