Nieuw Statendam inside cabins

HELENPSL

Thinking of trying an inside cabin for a 1 week cruise.  I keep reading mixed information regarding a love seat in these cabins.  Does anyone know for sure if any of the inside cabins have a love seat?  Thanks so much.

Helen

21 minutes ago, OVgirl said:

We are also onboard this weekend.  Will definitely look around and try to get some pictures of the small insides.

I'm specifically looking at the larger inside cabins.  I think these would be the "I" cabins.  We've done everything from NS to OV but we thought we try an inside and see if I can live with no sunlight.  Thanks for whatever you can find out.

Helen

If I am remembering correctly,  I don't think there is consistency...

I have seen a photo of one of the larger, mid-ship, cabins that did not show a sofa,  and also a photo that clearly did see a photo. As I had described.

I wonder if there is some way that the sofa is the type of 'sleeper' that one other poster described, then one could look at the occupancy of the cabin, and that might indicate the sofa, or not.

8092 is shown as a third occupancy.

I started to say that I am just not sure if the sofa would be the 'third berth'.

But seriously, I can't see both that sofa AND a pull down in one inside cabin.

On the K, the photos of the ones on Main Deck do not show a sofa...  more open floor space.

They are shown as a max-2 occupancy.

I believe if one were to call HAL,  and get the right person on the line, they would be able tell if the sofa is there or not in a particular room.

Edited by Wishing on a star

3 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

8092 is shown as a third occupancy.

I started to say that I am just not sure if the sofa would be the 'third berth'.

But seriously, I can't see both that sofa AND a pull down in one inside cabin.

On the K, the photos of the ones on Main Deck do not show a sofa...  more open floor space.

They are shown as a max-2 occupancy.

I believe if one were to call HAL,  and get the right person on the line, they would be able tell if the sofa is there or not in a particular room.

Just spoke with my PCC.  She said the cabins that show as triples should have a loveseat.  Hope she's right since I just booked cabin I6112 for one week over Thanksgiving.  Either way I know we'll have a fabulous time.  We always do!!

Helen

Edited by HELENPSL

So the large I's are a few cabins forward of the midship elevator on deck 1 and the triples on the other decks that are right behind the midship elevators. I'll see if I can get in them to take some pictures on turn around day.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 3:09 PM, OVgirl said:

So the large I's are a few cabins forward of the midship elevator on deck 1 and the triples on the other decks that are right behind the midship elevators. I'll see if I can get in them to take some pictures on turn around day.

That would be greatly appreciated.  We don't go until November.  Thanks so much.

Helen

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking at the large "I's" on Nieuw Statendam 

On 2/4/2019 at 3:09 PM, OVgirl said:

I can find the large "I's" inside category on various decks but they abut the elevator bank, looking at say the "triples" on decks 6, 7, 8.  Thanks for the comments about the cabin and loveseat/sofa but what about the noise from the elevator?  There seems to be a very narrow divider between the actual midship elevator and the cabin so can you hear the elevator mechanism or the "beeping" buttons?  

I'm a light sleeper so DH worries they could be too loud.  Another poster advised against deck 8 due to noise from deck 9 Lido, etc overhead.

Thread is a bit old so hope some who have now experienced those cabins might chime in.

Thanks!

The I’s have a sofa so they are a little larger but as you point out, unfortunately most if not all are next to the elevator.  The J’s are fairly coffin like, the smallest cabin we have ever been in (at least on the Koningsdam).

2 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Looking at the large "I's" on Nieuw Statendam 

I can find the large "I's" inside category on various decks but they abut the elevator bank, looking at say the "triples" on decks 6, 7, 8.  Thanks for the comments about the cabin and loveseat/sofa but what about the noise from the elevator?  There seems to be a very narrow divider between the actual midship elevator and the cabin so can you hear the elevator mechanism or the "beeping" buttons?  

I'm a light sleeper so DH worries they could be too loud.  Another poster advised against deck 8 due to noise from deck 9 Lido, etc overhead.

Thread is a bit old so hope some who have now experienced those cabins might chime in.

Thanks!

The doubles on deck 1 have a space between them and the elevator. But not sure what that empty space is used for.

On 2/8/2021 at 1:23 AM, Sue from Canada said:

Does anyone know if the forward outside deck on deck 7 is open to passengers.  This is the area below the bridge.

That's a great question, Sue!

Would love to know the answer as I booked deck 7.

It's one of  the large "I" inside with the hope that the midship elevator does not create a noisy situation.  

Maybe those who have stayed in them before will still chime in about that.

It's a longer cruise so the extra space and sofa are the positives.  

Edited by snorklinbarb

Pics of I-5108 on Cruisedeckplans.com shows a full couch, along the wall facing the side of the bed with barely knee room to move.  TV is on the wall behind the couch.  Picture contributor said the couch is not usable for seating.  EM

26 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Pics of I-5108 on Cruisedeckplans.com shows a full couch, along the wall facing the side of the bed with barely knee room to move.  TV is on the wall behind the couch.  Picture contributor said the couch is not usable for seating.  EM

I guess no leg room?

We are trying cabin L-6019, which is configured so that it runs stern to bow -- something we prefer.   Based on a video I saw about ship construction, nearly all cabins are the same size as they are modular and put together to form a ship almost they way you would put together something made out of Lego.   However, I have gotten lucky in the past on older ships where some rooms actually run larger.   While my trip is not until later this year, if it actually sails I will take pictures and better describe the cabin.