NCL shareholder benefit

Peachypooh

29 minutes ago, murph1031 said:

I sail Sunday. I have submitted 4 times in the 6 months and still have not received it. The cruise was booked using FCC, and I read somewh where that you can't get the OBC when using FCC

Use of FCC has not prevented me from getting the benefit.  

4 hours ago, murph1031 said:

I sail Sunday. I have submitted 4 times in the 6 months and still have not received it. The cruise was booked using FCC, and I read somewh where that you can't get the OBC when using FCC

It doesn't say that specifically, but I'm gathering from what they DO say, that you have to pay full retail for the cruise in order to use it. Obviously, sales are okay also but no big discounts. My guess is that they don't know if the FCC was a direct refund or a bonus on top of a refund.

10 hours ago, murph1031 said:

If the shareholder a refundable or non-refundable credit?

Nonrefundable but pre COVID, you used to be able to buy cruise next certificates with it.

Not anymore 😞

• 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Yes.

Thanks!  We rarely charge much of anything onto our onboard account, so it's good to hear that those nuisance charges will be covered.  I have been largely asleep at the wheel on this one, but fully plan to have 100 shares of NCLH at least fifteen days prior to our next cruise.  We have a lot of cruises planned, and at today's stock prices the stock could drop 50% and we'll still come out ahead.  😎

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks!  We rarely charge much of anything onto our onboard account, so it's good to hear that those nuisance charges will be covered.  I have been largely asleep at the wheel on this one, but fully plan to have 100 shares of NCLH at least fifteen days prior to our next cruise.  We have a lot of cruises planned, and at today's stock prices the stock could drop 50% and we'll still come out ahead.  😎

We bought 100 shares years ago.  We’re way in the red on the stock, but have gotten at least $1000 in OBC for it.  I look at it as a tax free dividend.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

We bought 100 shares years ago.  We’re way in the red on the stock, but have gotten at least $1000 in OBC for it.  I look at it as a tax free dividend.  

I bought shares in all three (MSC is a shipping company, and their stock is pricey) when the prices were low. I have 200 in CCL. 100 in RCI and 100 in NCLH. I got $250 and $100 OBC on my last 2 sailings under CCL and that was about 21% of my cost. I do see me recouping a lot of my output, if not all of it. They all sit in a retirement account I have labeled as "Stupid stock purchases."

• Haha 3