NCL shareholder benefit

Peachypooh

Mine just posted on my vacation summary as 2x $50 onboard credits.  No email though.  I have Schwab for my brokerage account and printed a copy of all my account holdings and redacted everything except the NCLH share info.  I guess it was good enough.  

Edited by TardisDance

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, BlueEyes1811 said:

Not sure if I asked this before do we both get the shareholder credit, My friend says we do? IDK cheers 

Yes and no.  You get 1 benefit amount, based on the length of the cruise.  But it might get split between both accounts.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, julig22 said:

Yes and no.  You get 1 benefit amount, based on the length of the cruise.  But it might get split between both accounts.

Last I cruised solo, I only got $50.  So I think it's $100 per double occupancy cabin

2 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Last I cruised solo, I only got $50.  So I think it's $100 per double occupancy cabin

This has been brought up before, with varied answers.  I got $100 on an upcoming cruise with a 50% solo discount but in a regular cabin.  I have a 100% solo discount on another cruise but haven't put in for it yet.  Were you in a solo cabin?

Note that the terms specify that a solo paying 200% fare gets the full amount.

I remember that got 100 USD when cruised in standard inside cabin with low solo supplement. The same for long cruise (15+ days) - standard inside with no solo supplement and received 250 USD OBC. It was in 2018-2019.

6 minutes ago, greg2014 said:

I remember that got 100 USD when cruised in standard inside cabin with low solo supplement. The same for long cruise (15+ days) - standard inside with no solo supplement and received 250 USD OBC. It was in 2018-2019.

I just read the supporting documentation and what you described would seem to be the case.  I remember being a bit upset that I only got $50 but it looks like the policy has changed.  I sold my shares a while back and just bought back earlier this year so we'll see!

I am afraid that the policy has changed also in other points - although on website there is no information about it. During last cruise (Sep 2021) I could not use OBC given by shareholders benefit for buying CruiseNext certificates - but earlier it was possible and I did it without any problems. It is probably something new - they (GS on Epic) had big problem to explain this, had no documents informing about it and in general - were very unhelpful and rude when I discovered it. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:22 PM, julig22 said:

I can confirm the shareholder OBC gets split between the 2 people in the room. That is what was reflected on our accounts for our Sept Gem sailing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

This has been brought up before, with varied answers.  I got $100 on an upcoming cruise with a 50% solo discount but in a regular cabin.  I have a 100% solo discount on another cruise but haven't put in for it yet.  Were you in a solo cabin?

Note that the terms specify that a solo paying 200% fare gets the full amount.

I booked through CAS so was in a balcony (IIRC) by myself and the supplement is typically waived.

56 minutes ago, shof515 said:

for a solo staying a cabin, do i get 50 dollars or 100?

You should get the full $100.  I just sent my email with documents this morning and by this afternoon I has received the confirming email, and the $100 was loaded onto my reservation.  I am a solo in a balcony.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 4:52 PM, ColdCruise said:

I can confirm the shareholder OBC gets split between the 2 people in the room.

This is what just showed up on my account as well split between the 2 people.  Put in for it for the first time last Friday, by Monday money was on account.  

• 2 weeks later...

We could not use Shareholder OBC for CruiseNext on October 24 Bliss cruise out of Los Angeles. 

After I returned I talked to NCLH about this. They said that Shareholder OBC cannot be used to purchase promotional items. CruiseNext and CruiseFirst are considered promotional items. I asked them to update their web site to reflect this so no one is surprised.

23 hours ago, jmmabq said:

We could not use Shareholder OBC for CruiseNext on October 24 Bliss cruise out of Los Angeles. 

After I returned I talked to NCLH about this. They said that Shareholder OBC cannot be used to purchase promotional items. CruiseNext and CruiseFirst are considered promotional items. I asked them to update their web site to reflect this so no one is surprised.

On the Bliss now.  Stockholder credit received but not applied to cruise next purchase.  I guess it is time to sell.  Why hold NCLH when they offer no dividends.  As a long time solo NCL cruiser I don't need any more on board gifts.

23 hours ago, jmmabq said:

That's a bummer.

For our upcoming transatlantic sailing, Italy/NCL doesn't allow 3rd party tours.  There's is a tour to Florence on the first day after embarkation.  I'm afraid that if I don't book ahead it might be filled.  If I book ahead it's expensive (almost cad$600 for 2 of us) and I need to pay now and cannot make use of the US$400 OBC (250 shareholder, and another 150 for NCL cancelling a port)

Now I cannot use that U$400 to buy CN certs.