Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

A bit of tossing and turning as well as some crazy dreams, and I'm up and at 'em for my travel day... I still have some final packing to do, and I'm going through my checklist to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. I also have a small note pad to take some notes for the "after" portion of the review.

IMG_20190206_062955008_HDR.thumb.jpg.65ec10d170fb2ca53881359b7ba05e18.jpg

IMG_20190206_063048069.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, adam3313 said:

Looking forward to your review, Sid.  I’ll probably have to catch most of it about a week after as I’ll be boarding the Bliss on the 16th.

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities.  I’m not sure if it’s on your map, but you definitely should stop by Mother’s for lunch.  It’s off of Poydras St and is delicious.

Enjoy the Breakaway, and safe travels!

I do actually have mothers on my hand drawn map as my lunch option. I read that the jambalaya is not to be missed. Thanks for following!

The best kind of cruise countdown is when it gets down to hours! This is officially the only time in five years that I have no future sailings booked. Starting this new job, and the fact that I'm going to have to find a new place to live in the next couple of months, makes this cruise the only real thing I have to look forward to. I should be out looking at apartments, but until my return, my focus is only on "the now"...

Screenshot_2019-02-06-07-01-17.png

• Like 3

Have a great trip! I am looking forward to your impressions of New Orleans, one of my fave cities, home of my fave football team, and once upon a time, a hometown of mine.  Previous posters mentioned Mothers and Johnny’s Po Boys. Those are definite do’s. If you can, try Central Grocery for their OUTSTANDING muffulettas. Flour de Lis cafe for a great breakfast and KILLER bloody mary’s (Although you are a tequila guy, these might capture your interest). Acme Oyster bar for their fresh oysters and fire roasted oysters.  If that line is too lone, head to Felix’ across the street, also yummy! Irene’s is a great Italian/Cajun experience, but be prepared for a wait.  And if you want a little more upscale, try GWFins. The. Best. 

Pat O’Briens is a very interesting bar with interesting drinks,, Carosel Bar in the Monteleone is great. Bourbon House has a lot of that and some good oysters. 

So many restaurants, so little time! 

Enjoy and please post lots of pix of your NO food and drink extravaganza!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigNance said:

Have a great trip! I am looking forward to your impressions of New Orleans, one of my fave cities, home of my fave football team, and once upon a time, a hometown of mine.  Previous posters mentioned Mothers and Johnny’s Po Boys. Those are definite do’s. If you can, try Central Grocery for their OUTSTANDING muffulettas. Flour de Lis cafe for a great breakfast and KILLER bloody mary’s (Although you are a tequila guy, these might capture your interest). Acme Oyster bar for their fresh oysters and fire roasted oysters.  If that line is too lone, head to Felix’ across the street, also yummy! Irene’s is a great Italian/Cajun experience, but be prepared for a wait.  And if you want a little more upscale, try GWFins. The. Best. 

Pat O’Briens is a very interesting bar with interesting drinks,, Carosel Bar in the Monteleone is great. Bourbon House has a lot of that and some good oysters. 

So many restaurants, so little time! 

Enjoy and please post lots of pix of your NO food and drink extravaganza!

Thanks for all the recommendations. That's the bad thing about only having a half day in one of the great foodie capitols... So much to eat, so little time...

51 minutes ago, Tminish said:

What time is the Uber picking you up and when does your flight leave? I'm super excited for you!

Uber showed up right on time at ten after eight, and soon I was on the Marta train to the airport. I checked my bag and was through security and at my gate in less than ten minutes flat. (And, that includes stopping at the restroom to unload the mornings coffee)

IMG_20190206_093203.thumb.jpg.ccc13f0e0163df6ecf53bb74f42adef3.jpg

MVIMG_20190206_093349.thumb.jpg.f1bece6afa02f52a5ca814a70c1e1d53.jpg

MVIMG_20190206_093440.jpg

• Like 1

I have the same coffee/tea mug that I use at work! Another suggestion for great seafood is Deanie's. They have one in the French Quarter, but we've only been to the one in Metairie. It's like a suburb of NOLA. It's great: oysters, shrimp, everything is excellent.

• Like 1

Well, heck... This is the first time in my flying history that someone beat me to the front position at boarding group 1... Let it be known that this man earned his stripe today...

It's interesting how I have no problem paying twenty bucks for a craft cocktail, but I refuse to pay four dollars for a bottle of airport water...

IMG_20190206_100534.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Flight is delayed now due to lack of cabin crew... The plane itself has been at the gate since before I arrived...

I hate it when the cabin crew gets lost....

Hurry up, I'm ready for pics from New Orleans!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Sid! Coming along with you, can’t wait to get your perspective on the Breakaway. We will be on her on March 17. I’m also trying to decide whether or not we want to try and make a run for the Vibe passes or not. How much are they on Breakaway. We love NOLA and all the great food as well. Have a great flight and an awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luvmypups said:

Hi Sid! Coming along with you, can’t wait to get your perspective on the Breakaway. We will be on her on March 17. I’m also trying to decide whether or not we want to try and make a run for the Vibe passes or not. How much are they on Breakaway. We love NOLA and all the great food as well. Have a great flight and an awesome cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for joining me... I believe that Vibe is $159 on the ten day sailing. Although, that's subject to change with NCL's moving target pricing structure.

• Like 1