Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

According to my time stamp on my pre muster post, the whole debacle took nearly an hour. In fact, when the drill let out they were still embarking passengers. I made my way back to Vibe, and Edgar whipped me up a Patron silver fresh lime margarita with Cointreau... Included! Someone mentioned that NCL may have rethought some of the increased beverage prices due to the hooha.

Well that would be nice :)  Still enjoying your review!  My coworker just got back from that cruise and told me that New Orleans was not the best port to go out of.  Have a blast!  

• Like 1

According to Edgar at Vibe, NCL did rethink some of their beverage prices, with Patron silver and grey goose in particular now moved under the limit. Some of the other increases are still in effect, and I guess they're still trying to figure out a happy medium between profits and pissing off their customers...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, itseaya said:

Well that would be nice 🙂 Still enjoying your review!  My coworker just got back from that cruise and told me that New Orleans was not the best port to go out of.  Have a blast!  

Yes, the port building and entire area is sort of a mess...

We're still sitting here at the port... There must have been some kind of delay with the NCL booked flights is my best guess. They were still loading luggage as of about ten minutes ago, so I'm guessing we'll be underway soon.

I'm about to head down to the solo meeting at Maltings Bar, and check that out.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 8:04 PM, sid_9169 said:

Packing and drinking continues. I guess that some of you were wondering "where's the tequila?"... It's been broken out now. I don't have anything to mix it with, so it's gonna have to be straight...

IMG_20190205_200100299.thumb.jpg.50f29f45190dc6345b60c00bfdce2db6.jpg

IMG_20190205_200043205.jpg

Ooo, I want that shirt on the top... and that candlestick, and.... 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Vibe cabanas, which are unique to the Breakaway and Getaway...

IMG_20190207_113224.thumb.jpg.737e9ffa2b6cbd8446f992e36dd3e99c.jpg

IMG_20190207_113242.thumb.jpg.4599dd8c4596e10bbefbfdf49d3a69ad.jpgIMG_20190207_113242.thumb.jpg.4599dd8c4596e10bbefbfdf49d3a69ad.jpg

Also, two hot tubs instead of one on the Away plus class ships.

IMG_20190207_113302.jpg

I had one of those cabanas on the BA. It was great--but I was on a winter 7-day out of NY so it was too damn cold too much of the cruise to make it really worth it. A 10-day Southern Caribbean, yes. But a 7-day Bahamas run, no.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BeachyBoo said:

Thanks for the info on where to purchase Vibe passes. We will be in the Haven so I’m hoping it’s a slam dunk for us. (I know some peeps think Haven guests shouldn’t get Vibe passes, but to me it’s a totally different experience and atmosphere with the bar and shot o clock, and what not. And the no kids thing too.)

Question on on the cabanas...if you know. They seem like they would be really hot in there. Let me know if you gain any intel on that. Also, what do you do if you have three people? Me, my husband and 18 year old daughter. 

They are very hot when you are in port at a hot place (like S. Caribbean).

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

According to Edgar at Vibe, NCL did rethink some of their beverage prices, with Patron silver and grey goose in particular now moved under the limit. Some of the other increases are still in effect, and I guess they're still trying to figure out a happy medium between profits and pissing off their customers...

Grey Goose! You made my day, Yay! And Patron too! Swooning with happiness (Doesn't take much apparently, lol)

• Like 2

Calamari... It's odd. I'm the only one eating at the entire establishment. People keep walking by and saying "oh, look at that" then they look at the menu and find out it's an additional charge, then walk away... They have no idea what they're missing.

IMG_20190207_193238.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Calamari... It's odd. I'm the only one eating at the entire establishment. People keep walking by and saying "oh, look at that" then they look at the menu and find out it's an additional charge, then walk away... They have no idea what they're missing.

IMG_20190207_193238.jpg

For seven bucks?  Fools. I’d be all over that 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Ohhhh... I think I just felt my duodenum burst... I thought that I may have over done it yesterday, but I definitely did today...

Oh, I think you have it in you to carry on!

Just to confirm - if you use one of the meals from your dining plan, plus a $7 upcharge, you can order anything or everything on the menu? Wow! Will be on Getaway in October. This could be a "do not miss".

And let me add my thanks for all the effort you put into your reviews. Really enjoyable.

Edited by ellenw
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ellenw said:

Oh, I think you have it in you to carry on!

Just to confirm - if you use one of the meals from your dining plan, plus a $7 upcharge, you can order anything or everything on the menu? Wow! Will be on Getaway in October. This could be a "do not miss".

And let me add my thanks for all the effort you put into your reviews. Really enjoyable.

Yes, I think I ate the entire menu, minus three items. Definitely the best deal on the ship. The bar has been set pretty high at this point...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty close to being in a food coma. I also just found out that the time goes forward tonight by an hour... I think all the food I just ate almost completely erased my buzz, but I don't know if I can even fit anything else in me...

• Like 1