Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

I just spent the last 15 minutes fighting with this d@mn coffee maker... First, trying to figure out where to put the water, then how to turn it on. I was this close to ripping the thing outta the socket and throwing it across the room.

Let's just say that I'm the type of person who "needs" coffee first thing in the morning...

IMG_20190207_071718.thumb.jpg.cf46b16f8a0edd817fcd39e786cdf4b0.jpg

IMG_20190207_072106.jpg

Showered up and ready to go... I walked down to Daisy dukes for breakfast, on the recommendation of the bell hop. *Note: never take dining suggestions from a bell hop.

I had their two eggs any way special, with hash browns, bacon, and a biscuit. It was edible, but I would have probably been more happy with McDonald's for 1/3 of the price.

IMG_20190207_080110.thumb.jpg.631493f4750c41c6fe14a3966e2b4fc7.jpg

Getting my stuff in order to start heading to the port now. I broke out one of my really old shirts for today. I've had this for over thirty years. Darn, I'm getting old.

IMG_20190207_091534.thumb.jpg.2fa36e9df140ea8b63275c2141f56c97.jpg

MVIMG_20190207_091544.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So excited to follow along with your review. First though, I have to chime in.....  I LOVE Trader Vics; so glad you finally visted. My husband is a rum guy and we regularly go to the ATL TV's. The two bartenders you saw there are the only two bartenders who work there. They have worked together pretty much every single day for something like 20 years. And you're right, it is one of the only remaining locations.

• Like 1

I jumped in a cab, and five minutes later I was at the terminal. Let me just say that the New Orleans cruise terminal is the biggest cluster you know what that I've ever witnessed. Passengers were flowing out of several doors, but there was no entrance noted, and the people that I asked said to just go into the doors that everyone else was coming out of. I finally just pushed my against the current, and made it to the check in. Score for port of New Orleans, 2 out of 10

MVIMG_20190207_095331.jpg

• Thanks 1

Okay... After what turned out to be less hectic than I thought, I'm finally on board... I asked no less than four different people near the boarding area what the process was. When I arrived, they gave me a boarding group 2 card. I asked if it was necessary for Platinum and above, and they said yes. There were about a couple dozen people hovering near the boarding area with group 1 cards, and I suspected right away that they were going to be Vibe runners.

Finally, after Haven and special needs, they called for Platinum and above, and I was the first of that group to enter the tunnel, leaving the Vibe runners in my dust. I was the very first one to get a pass... The runners showed up about three minutes later

IMG_20190207_110433.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's looking awesome!!!! Thanks for posting these pictures so far!!! I have really enjoyed your review!! I've kept this tab opened on my computer and I keep refreshing! Haha...(I have it bad I'd say!) 241 more days for me!!!!!!

I haven't went back and read your other reviews yet, but have you received VIBE passes before? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking about making a run for them in October but I've heard/read mixed reviews on them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tminish said:

It's looking awesome!!!! Thanks for posting these pictures so far!!! I have really enjoyed your review!! I've kept this tab opened on my computer and I keep refreshing! Haha...(I have it bad I'd say!) 241 more days for me!!!!!!

I haven't went back and read your other reviews yet, but have you received VIBE passes before? If so, how do you like it? I'm thinking about making a run for them in October but I've heard/read mixed reviews on them.

Thanks for following, and yes I've done Vibe on the Getaway, Escape, and Bliss... It's a great place to get away from the crowds of the main pool area and Spice H2O. Also, the bartenders get to know you quickly, and there's never a wait to get a drink. A lot of the fun (or not) comes from the group of passengers on any particular week. Sometimes it's a fun lively crowd, and sometimes not so much. We'll see how it goes this week.

I can tell you that the average demographic on this ten day cruise seems much older than usual. Not many kids at all either. Even at the brink of 50, I feel young on this sailing...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tminish said:

Do the cabanas cost extra, or a first come first serve type deal?

Yes, they're double plus a bit more, but you get $100 obc as part of the deal, so for two people you may come out ahead by getting the cabana. They're pretty private, but I've heard they can also get oppressively hot.

• Like 2

I will never see the inside of Vibe unless I book the Haven, which I am never going to do, thus I will never see it.    I will have to live vicariously through you!

Have a great cruise!!  (BTW, the food and drinks looked incredible but I'm sad you didn't get any beignets!)

Edited by Beachiekeen
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tminish said:

Do the cabanas cost extra, or a first come first serve type deal?

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I will also add that Vibe passes have historically been sold at guest services on the Breakaway, but they are now available at Headliners... I'm not sure if this is brand new info or not, just an observation.

IMG_20190207_111518.jpg

Thanks for the info on where to purchase Vibe passes. We will be in the Haven so I’m hoping it’s a slam dunk for us. (I know some peeps think Haven guests shouldn’t get Vibe passes, but to me it’s a totally different experience and atmosphere with the bar and shot o clock, and what not. And the no kids thing too.)

Question on on the cabanas...if you know. They seem like they would be really hot in there. Let me know if you gain any intel on that. Also, what do you do if you have three people? Me, my husband and 18 year old daughter. 

• Like 1