Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

Yay so glad I caught the beginning! Those are great pics. I watched the superbowl and loved the shots of the Atlanta acquarium which I had no idea existed. 

Those drinks look delicious. Sorry to hear about your woes and I’ll be interested to see how much of an impact the new drink package makes.

Have a great cruise, can’t wait to hear all about it! I’ll be following!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beachiekeen said:

Yay so glad I caught the beginning! Those are great pics. I watched the superbowl and loved the shots of the Atlanta acquarium which I had no idea existed. 

Those drinks look delicious. Sorry to hear about your woes and I’ll be interested to see how much of an impact the new drink package makes.

Have a great cruise, can’t wait to hear all about it! I’ll be following!

Thanks so much for being here, Beachiekeen... This is indeed a bad time to raise prices yet again. Some of the particular spirits have increased by 100%, so it's really going to strain my budget, but hey, it's vacation so money doesn't matter...

8 hours ago, itseaya said:

Glad to see you are back!  I now get to follow along.  I leave on the 16th on the Bliss and enjoyed that review!  Sorry about the job 

Thanks for following, itseaya. I was fortunate to land on my feet, and started a new job almost immediately... Not my dream job, but it pays the bills.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'm happy to be here at the beginning of this journey, too. Thanks for sharing Atlanta with us! Too bad about the drink package but I'm sure you'll still have a great cruise.

Heather

Thanks for returning to follow my journey, SenatorsFan... I'm hoping to have a fun and relaxing cruise, and will share it with you all upon my return...  No fighting against the web site and poor wifi this time.

• Thanks 1

Getting ready for my final day of work prior to my travel day tomorrow... I'm still waiting for the morning coffee to kick in, and I'm hoping for a stress-free work day.

Before I go much further, I'm going to go back a couple of days again, and then everything will be in real time, I promise... I went on Sunday morning and did my weekly side job cleaning at the office park, and then went and helped the owner of my new company move some stuff into storage. (Gotta make as much extra money as possible to pay those grossly increased drink prices)

It was super bowl Sunday, but I don't really have interest in the game anyway. After a hard days work, the owner took me out to a nice dinner at Houston's, which is a small chain restaurant, but nice and a bit expensive. Definitely the kind of place to go when someone else is paying. They serve a really great margarita, and I immediately ordered one of those after a long day of heavy lifting.

IMG_20190203_190656.thumb.jpg.fa2fc2b86b644a88a9a53b1b0692307d.jpg

We then scarfed down an order of spinach artichoke dip and a Caeser salad, sorry no pics, I was hungry. Another margarita arrived a few minutes later, and then it was time for steak, in this case the Hawaiian ribeye and a loaded baked potato.

IMG_20190203_192256.thumb.jpg.d7cc041efec201b5455e2e2d1eb13ead.jpg

IMG_20190203_193207.thumb.jpg.d9111ca4d0b77ac41e5dd41e33e711b5.jpg

Then I had yet a couple more margaritas. (I think I mentioned, someone else was paying)

IMG_20190203_195851.thumb.jpg.2160348f1c1af6428dfa66d23570243f.jpg

Feeling pretty good now, I headed home and caught the fourth quarter of what I hear was a pretty boring super bowl game. Now, we've come full circle to yesterday, and we're back in real time... I'm going to get ready for work, and will update again later... Soon we'll be doing this vacation thing for real.

Happy I was able to stumble upon this review at the beginning. With the new and improved CC, it takes some work to find reviews from my favorite writers. I’ll miss the LIVE review, but will be looking forward to the review once you’re back home. Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

Yeah! So glad you are back. Love your style. 

So sucks about your job just before Christmas 

also sucks the NCL drink, bad enough they raise prices, blah, blah, blah but to not be able to purchase the upgrade????  WTH?  Then they should keep the old prices until they offer upgrade IMO

enjoy!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

Looking forward to your review. I've been on the Breakaway five times, Getaway once. I loved both of them but after sailing the Escape last July, she has become my new favorite. She is the Breakaway with a few extras. Have a great trip. 

Yes, the Escape quickly became my favorite as well, and I've sailed her four times myself... Thanks for following along...

I went to do a final check of the mail at my PO box, and found five identical letters letting me know that my health insurance from my old job has been cancelled. One would have been enough, but I guess they wanted to rub it in. I'll have new insurance after 90 days at the new job, so I'm hoping for good health between now and then.

IMG_20190205_090023.jpg

Hi Sid, glad I found your thread early on and looking forward to reading whatever you have time to share.  I'm just off the Jade this past Friday so totally understand about not doing the live report.  Hopefully, you'll have a very relaxing cruise and feel rejuvinated and refreshed when you get home.  

cheers,

Connie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

Yes, the Escape quickly became my favorite as well, and I've sailed her four times myself... Thanks for following along...

I’m looking at the Escape for a last minute cruise (end of this month).  You cruised the Bliss too (right?).

I’ve never sailed the Escape.  I’ve done both “-away” ships.  Compare/contrast?

PS...congrats on landing on your feet so quickly job wise.

30 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’m looking at the Escape for a last minute cruise (end of this month).  You cruised the Bliss too (right?).

I’ve never sailed the Escape.  I’ve done both “-away” ships.  Compare/contrast?

PS...congrats on landing on your feet so quickly job wise.

The Escape, with the addition of the brew house, Food Republic, and Pincho Tapas puts it in a class by itself... Pincho is my favorite dining venue on all of the NCL vessels.

• Like 1