Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

Enjoying your review. 

We are on the same sailing in a spa balcony.

I will agree that the Port of New Orleans is a nightmare.

So far so good with the Breakaway with a couple of blips along the way.

Biggest issue so far has been our room steward but I think she is just overwhelmed with the number of cabins she has assigned.

• Like 1

Following along, love what I’ve been reading so far.

We will be sailing the Breakaway for the first time in September. We’ve sailed the Escape in 2016 and the inaugural Bliss to Alaska in June 2018. Hubby is a little bummed that there is no District Brew House. Hoping you post the beer menu so we can see if he can get a decent IPA.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

I'm back in San Miguel now, and hopefully have a decent connection... Let's just say that it's been quite an adventure so far today. I wanted to try some of the peanut butter tequila at Rasta bar, aka Bob Marley bar on the East side, so that's where we headed first... It was much thicker in consistency than I had imagined, but still unique nonetheless...

IMG_20190209_120225.thumb.jpg.8f51fa2730f358c66e4d79a200ae3daf.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_120004.thumb.jpg.ecd0364bfef2446faf5c1ae5dcecba51.jpg

IMG_20190209_115939.jpg

• Like 2

Okay, now at least I know approximately how drunk I am... I've already started telling the story from the middle instead of the beginning...

The first place we went was a small taco stand near the airport, here in Cozumel. Diego's tacos... The best fried fish tacos on the island... It's directly across the street from the airport, and the very first place that most people go upon landing on the island. Great fish tacos, and great guacamole. Their sauces range from hot to really hot...

MVIMG_20190209_104037.thumb.jpg.11c9f7be114662a5d5a8279db390588e.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_104050.thumb.jpg.a48c7d7e8fc4b8b5a3df947482945e7c.jpg

IMG_20190209_104335.thumb.jpg.d8449894fc6011db240789a7cd829e13.jpg

IMG_20190209_105110.thumb.jpg.bc419600136b303c27ff39bf58f8447d.jpg

IMG_20190209_105129.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MVIMG_20190209_121317.thumb.jpg.58e065f0611ef00069eb2d7c75e5b135.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_121452.thumb.jpg.a1e1129027a6ed47ea73a0af5f6afdc0.jpg

MVIMG_20190209_121458.thumb.jpg.583c81ecfbd204567c9737a1445bfdcf.jpg

IMG_20190209_122557.thumb.jpg.c0f478765831c5b4f73073e01c379373.jpg

IMG_20190209_121733.thumb.jpg.9b2afe87dfb15a481786e6f219337fbf.jpg

Alright, so now we're finally back in time with the story... We continued past Rasta bar, and soon came to one of my favorite places on the island, Miami Bar AKA 25 hour bar, AKA the Coconut Cabana... A little shack on the side of the road, but the greatest drinks ever, made with only the freshest ingredients. We're talking fresh limes, grapefruits, and others. They literally cut the fruit right in front of you and squeeze it straight into your glass.

I had my usual, the margarita, with fresh lime, grapefruit, and Don Julio reposado.

MVIMG_20190209_121043.thumb.jpg.c14c15d45767b31cd02c32f74f76e8c2.jpg

IMG_20190209_121058.thumb.jpg.d9fded63476a4065a6c8884543de7e46.jpg

IMG_20190209_121122.thumb.jpg.499cb570e52551fbfe97b366e011788f.jpg

IMG_20190209_121122.thumb.jpg.499cb570e52551fbfe97b366e011788f.jpg

IMG_20190209_121717.jpg

• Like 1

Alright, now this is the point where the story starts to take a twist and maybe a turn, so if there are kids in the room you may want to put them to sleep now... We headed to my favorite bsr in Cozumel, and a place that has special meaning to me. Mezcalitos, at the corner of the transversal road and the East coast road. If you've read any of my prior reviews, then you already know the significance of this place to me. If not, then you'll have to go back there to get the full back story.

Anyhoo, it's a very special place to me, and I go here every time I'm here. Well, today would be different from other days. I made my way in and ordered my usual margarita with Don Julio anejo and controy. It came and I was over near the beach drinking, when a couple of ladies came on to the beach and removed their tops... Now, of course I've seen boobs before and whatnot, but the story takes a different turn soon.

One of the topless ladies stepped on a sea urchin, and ran out of the water. Apparently, it hurt like hell. They asked what they should do, when my driver, Crescencio suggested that someone needed to urinate on the injury... But, who would be up to the task? Well, I didn't need to go at this point, but the bartender did. Well, you can guess what happened next, and I won't describe it to you fully, but it seemed to do the trick. We laughed, and said how great a story that they had to take back home, and had a couple of more drinks.

Well apparently it was still hurting, and she asked if anyone else would be willing to urinate on her foot, so I stepped up to the task and did what I had to do. We went around the side of the building, and she held her foot out, and I held my, well you know what out, and I made water on her foot, and all was well...

So, here we all are. Drinking, and talking and laughing about the scenario that had just ensued. Great times were had, and we all swore never to speak of it again, and here I am writing about it all......

Good times...

• Like 11
  • Haha 17

9 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well apparently it was still hurting, and she asked if anyone else would be willing to urinate on her foot, so I stepped up to the task and did what I had to do. We went around the side of the building, and she held her foot out, and I held my, well you know what out, and I made water on her foot, and all was well...

I am dying!  Hilarious.  And great, now I will be doing some more reading to find why this place is so special to you

• Like 1

I'm back on the ship now, we'll see if I can upload from here... We're still at the bar where the boobs are flopping left and right... My driver, Crescencio is having a heck of a good time, and swears me to secrecy about the matter... (Please don't tell his wife that he saw two strange women's boobs today) Anyhoo, I told them the story of the significance of this place to me, and we all had a moment together. They were on the Carnival Triumph that was docked next to us in New Orleans... The nearly naked girl hugged everyone tightly, and I may have held on for a bit too long... We parted ways as if old friends, knowing that I had urinated on her friends foot. My driver took me back towards San Miguel so I could pick up some Controy (the magic Mexican elixir that makes the margaritas so good) Afterwards, he dropped me off in town at the Lobster Shack, where I would aquire a double meat lobster sandwich...

IMG_20190209_145751.thumb.jpg.a73cd1ce93fc808b56e453049b4be388.jpg

IMG_20190209_145755.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

So, here we all are. Drinking, and talking and laughing about the scenario that had just ensued. Great times were had, and we all swore never to speak of it again, and here I am writing about it all......

Good times...

This has got to be one of the best things I’ve ever read on the CC site. 😂😂

• Like 4

Enjoying the cruise with you.  So much so, I dug out a couple of your earlier reviews...  Bliss & Vista & will take a trip w/ you on the Magic & Escape tomorrow.  Wilson makes a whole lot more sense now 🙂   Enjoy your trip - Much Cruise Envy...  Traveling to too many family weddings in the spring/summer - our best hope for a cruise will be next fall...   In the meantime - I will live vicariously through yours & others reviews.  Especially love the Tequila & Food!!!

15 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Alright, now this is the point where the story starts to take a twist and maybe a turn, so if there are kids in the room you may want to put them to sleep now... We headed to my favorite bsr in Cozumel, and a place that has special meaning to me. Mezcalitos, at the corner of the transversal road and the East coast road. If you've read any of my prior reviews, then you already know the significance of this place to me. If not, then you'll have to go back there to get the full back story.

Anyhoo, it's a very special place to me, and I go here every time I'm here. Well, today would be different from other days. I made my way in and ordered my usual margarita with Don Julio anejo and controy. It came and I was over near the beach drinking, when a couple of ladies came on to the beach and removed their tops... Now, of course I've seen boobs before and whatnot, but the story takes a different turn soon.

One of the topless ladies stepped on a sea urchin, and ran out of the water. Apparently, it hurt like hell. They asked what they should do, when my driver, Crescencio suggested that someone needed to urinate on the injury... But, who would be up to the task? Well, I didn't need to go at this point, but the bartender did. Well, you can guess what happened next, and I won't describe it to you fully, but it seemed to do the trick. We laughed, and said how great a story that they had to take back home, and had a couple of more drinks.

Good times...

Wow!!! 😄 you are my hero Sid!! Great times indeed.