Booking excursions - help with basics ;)

Kiwifromkiev

Hello fellow cruisers,

i am aware that there are multiple threDs about excursions here, howeve I’ve failed to find answers to some basic questions so am hoping someone may help here. I am just going to list my questions in bullet-points.

• How do you know the exact time bookings open - does RSSC send an e-mail or one has work this out by him or herself?
  • if you book an excursion but have not checked out yet - can “your” place be allocated to someone else who check outs before you?
  • If you book an excursion which was not your preferred choice for port A, can you still waitlist for your preferred choice in A?
  • can you waitlist for more than one excursion in the same port  - to book the one which becomes available?
  • How can you waitlist - the suggestion was made to call Regent, is there another option?
  • If you are booked for an excursion in port A and another option becomes available, how do you rebook ? Do you need to cancel the already booked one first?
  • if the excursions are free, how do you pay for them or check them out?

thank you in advance!

Yes, your invoice will show the date that you can book. As of 12:01 AM eastern time.

To waitlist you must call Regent.

When you go to check out it will tell you what you owe (if anything.) If everything was free there is no charge and it will confirm your choices.

I do not know if you can waitlist more than one tour. Again ask Regent.

Hope this helps.

On the Regent web site in My Account >Booked Cruises there is a box labeled My To-Do List which has check boxes for a number of items including booked excursions and dining reservations. 

In the excursion-booking section it tells you when you can begin booking excursions. It’s important to know that booking opens at midnight Eastern Time. Probably midday the day before for you?  The same is true for dining reservations. 

I believe eve the only way to cancel a reserved excursion is calling Regent, or having your TA call them. 

5 hours ago, Kiwifromkiev said:

• How do you know the exact time bookings open - does RSSC send an e-mail or one has work this out by him or herself?
  • if you book an excursion but have not checked out yet - can “your” place be allocated to someone else who check outs before you?
  • If you book an excursion which was not your preferred choice for port A, can you still waitlist for your preferred choice in A?
  • can you waitlist for more than one excursion in the same port  - to book the one which becomes available?
  • How can you waitlist - the suggestion was made to call Regent, is there another option?
  • If you are booked for an excursion in port A and another option becomes available, how do you rebook ? Do you need to cancel the already booked one first?
  • if the excursions are free, how do you pay for them or check them out

1.  As others have link to be helpful https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html .  I know that the website has dates as to when to book excursions and dining reservations but does not have the date when you can deviate air (270 days prior to the cruise).

2.  Yes- technically someone could book before you check out.  For that reason, if there is something very important for us to book, go book the one excursion - check out and go back in (and it is important to book 12:00 - 12:05 a.m. Eastern time in the U.S.)

3.  Good question - do not know if you can book an excursion and waitlist another.  We have also never tried to waitlist two excursions (likely because we book so early that we rarely have to waitlist anything).  Hopefully someone else knows.

4.  At least in the U.S., you have to call Regent to waitlist.  Not sure how it works in Australia.

5.  If you change your mind about excursion or another one becomes available, you need to call Regent.  They will make the necessary changes for you (note:  I have repeatedly suggested that we be able to change these on our own as we can do with dining reservations ......... maybe someday......)

6.  Regent Choice excursions have a cost.  In the past we had to give our credit card number, etc.  It is changing to allow you to not pay until you get onboard (using on board credits).  Not sure if this will change their website.  For now, if you have booked "free" excursions and go to check out, there will be no charge shown.

Hopefully you will be able to book excursions as soon as they are available and will not have to deal with waitlists!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I can't answer all your questions but I can say that on my invoice for my March 2020 cruise it is clearly noted when booking for excursions (and later dinner reservations) opens...   Maybe start there?

Thank you, our invoice is from our TA, not Regent, and with other bookings we only ever got this. I shall ask him anyway . Thank you 🙂

2 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

On the Regent web site in My Account >Booked Cruises there is a box labeled My To-Do List which has check boxes for a number of items including booked excursions and dining reservations. 

In the excursion-booking section it tells you when you can begin booking excursions. It’s important to know that booking opens at midnight Eastern Time. Probably midday the day before for you?  The same is true for dining reservations. 

I believe eve the only way to cancel a reserved excursion is calling Regent, or having your TA call them. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

1.  As others have link to be helpful https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd.html .  I know that the website has dates as to when to book excursions and dining reservations but does not have the date when you can deviate air (270 days prior to the cruise).

2.  Yes- technically someone could book before you check out.  For that reason, if there is something very important for us to book, go book the one excursion - check out and go back in (and it is important to book 12:00 - 12:05 a.m. Eastern time in the U.S.)

3.  Good question - do not know if you can book an excursion and waitlist another.  We have also never tried to waitlist two excursions (likely because we book so early that we rarely have to waitlist anything).  Hopefully someone else knows.

4.  At least in the U.S., you have to call Regent to waitlist.  Not sure how it works in Australia.

5.  If you change your mind about excursion or another one becomes available, you need to call Regent.  They will make the necessary changes for you (note:  I have repeatedly suggested that we be able to change these on our own as we can do with dining reservations ......... maybe someday......)

6.  Regent Choice excursions have a cost.  In the past we had to give our credit card number, etc.  It is changing to allow you to not pay until you get onboard (using on board credits).  Not sure if this will change their website.  For now, if you have booked "free" excursions and go to check out, there will be no charge shown.

Hopefully you will be able to book excursions as soon as they are available and will not have to deal with waitlists!

Thank you , TC2! This is very helpful! I am always impressed how you take time and have the patience to answer questions of so many in great details, and to share your knowledge and experience! 💐💐💐

For our Sept 2019 Panama Canal cruise on the Mariner we found that not all excursions are listed on the Regent website.  Our TA was able to get a PDF of all excursions a few days before reservations were opened.  I would definitely recommend asking your TA to check with Regent for a comprehensive list for your cruise.

-Jerie

8 hours ago, JC in CA said:

For our Sept 2019 Panama Canal cruise on the Mariner we found that not all excursions are listed on the Regent website.  Our TA was able to get a PDF of all excursions a few days before reservations were opened.  I would definitely recommend asking your TA to check with Regent for a comprehensive list for your cruise.

-Jerie

Thank you, this is very helpful!

• Like 1

Do not really understand what people are saying about having to call Regent to waitlist.

Just booked my excursions this week for our Alaska cruise. 2 were full but there was an option to waitlist so I just clicked on it.

When I look at my calendar online for the cruise, it not only shows the confirmed ones but also the waitlist ones.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Shippy said:

Do not really understand what people are saying about having to call Regent to waitlist.

Just booked my excursions this week for our Alaska cruise. 2 were full but there was an option to waitlist so I just clicked on it.

When I look at my calendar online for the cruise, it not only shows the confirmed ones but also the waitlist ones.

Wow - you may have just announced a huge change on the Regent's website.  While it would have been nice to learn it from Regent, at least we know from you. Thank you!!!  I will now change my response to people that ask about waitlists.

• Thanks 1