AOS Port Canaveral-Kennedy Space center

TanaQ

Hey all. Probably a question that could be answered by calling RC but I'm not certain I can rely on that!  Cruise planner shows 2 excursions for Kennedy space center. One is guided and one is not. The one that is not states transportation included. Anyone know if the guided one has transportation too?

Or do I just buy the tix from the Space center and Uber it? Thank you!

4 hours ago, TanaQ said:

Hey all. Probably a question that could be answered by calling RC but I'm not certain I can rely on that!  Cruise planner shows 2 excursions for Kennedy space center. One is guided and one is not. The one that is not states transportation included. Anyone know if the guided one has transportation too?

We visited the KSC last fall while on the Navigator.  Yes, as Bob already said, transportation included on both guided and non-guided tickets.  Note: We originally booked the "guided" tour, but the day of our excursion, RCCL changed our tour to the "non-guided" tour without any real explanation.  We were just happy to visit KSC plus they gave us back the difference...so no complaints.  We had an outstanding experience and saw a lot even without the guided tour.

We also considered just buying the tickets directly and using UBER...but ultimately, we didn't because if I remember correctly, we weren't saving much. (only the two of us...it may be different if you have a group.)

Note: We usually do DIY at most ports.  Taking the tour bus to KSC had an advantage because there was a guide/speaker on the bus that provided detailed information about the area, the space center, it's history, and most importantly...a valuable tip on how to best see the park.  Have fun and happy sailing! :classic_smile:

On 2/5/2019 at 1:44 PM, TanaQ said:

Depending on when you're there (or if you pre-purchase the tickets) - not a great idea.  I was on Anthem last April, it was during a school break week and there was a SpaceX launch that day.  We spent 3 hours on the bus between the port and KSC.  Halfway there they found out that anyone that didn't already have tickets was being turned away (we did, through the excursion, of course).  They ended up requesting to detour us on roads only open to KSC vehicles, and getting approval for it.

Now, we may have run into unusual circumstances - 2 or 3 ships in port (there was a Disney ship there and maybe another RCI ship at another terminal), spring break week, SpaceX launch - but it was one of those situations that reinforces suggestions to just go through the cruise line since the tour went out of their way to get us there (and in time for the launch).  I was glad we had only done the transportation and entry, we hardly had time to do much while there.

1 hour ago, hallux said:

Depending on when you're there (or if you pre-purchase the tickets) - not a great idea.  I was on Anthem last April, it was during a school break week and there was a SpaceX launch that day.  We spent 3 hours on the bus between the port and KSC.  Halfway there they found out that anyone that didn't already have tickets was being turned away (we did, through the excursion, of course).  They ended up requesting to detour us on roads only open to KSC vehicles, and getting approval for it.

Now, we may have run into unusual circumstances - 2 or 3 ships in port (there was a Disney ship there and maybe another RCI ship at another terminal), spring break week, SpaceX launch - but it was one of those situations that reinforces suggestions to just go through the cruise line since the tour went out of their way to get us there (and in time for the launch).  I was glad we had only done the transportation and entry, we hardly had time to do much while there.

Good to know! I did buy the non guided tour through RC. The only thing I didn’t buy through them is Aquaventure Atlantis because I found it for 100 less for my son and I through another vendor.