The Key vs C&A upper status perks question

SRV FAN

2 hours ago, Big_G said:

I think he meant his D+ status trumped Key because he has access to the DL.

Yes I did.

Diamond access to the DL is a fantastic benefit.

The key might appeal to newbies who want some perks and want to pay for them.

1 hour ago, SRV FAN said:

Yes! I agree. And that is what bugs me...I have worked long & hard to get to the status I have & to be "trumped" by a first time cruiser in the Priority line, really gets me..... Oh well. As others have said...Loyalty goes both ways... wish Royal understood that. 

Do you feel the same way when a first time cruiser books a suite, and gets access over you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Good call.  I can only imagine on smaller ships like Vision class The Key is there simply for newbies who don't know any better.  

Hmmmm, I’ve bought the Key, and I’m not a newbie! I’m on my tenth cruise and we bought the key mainly for the lunch on Embarkation day, for the saved seats in the theatre as I’m not keen on getting there 40mins before the show, and for the breakfast on the last day. Sounds slightly offensive when you say it’s for newbies who don’t know better!

• Like 1

Yes! I agree. And that is what bugs me...I have worked long & hard to get to the status I have & to be "trumped" by a first time cruiser in the Priority line, really gets me..... Oh well. As others have said...Loyalty goes both ways... wish Royal understood that. 

Hasn't that happened all along with Suite passengers?

• Thanks 1

A first time Cruiser may book a Full Suite and trump most others. 

And i love Stevie Ray Vaughan. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The price of the Suites I think they deserve their perks.

i agree, but that is not the argument the OP was making, her argument was "I have sailed x times and should be treated better than someone that has cruised less" that isn't always the way the world works

Edited by not-enough-cruising

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

A first time Cruiser may book a Full Suite and trump most others. 

And i love Stevie Ray Vaughan. 

👋 That would be us. Booked a full suite for our first cruise and haven’t looked back since. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, mondas42 said:

Hmmmm, I’ve bought the Key, and I’m not a newbie! I’m on my tenth cruise and we bought the key mainly for the lunch on Embarkation day, for the saved seats in the theatre as I’m not keen on getting there 40mins before the show, and for the breakfast on the last day. Sounds slightly offensive when you say it’s for newbies who don’t know better!

You may have 10 cruises completed but only four are on Royal based on your signature.  On Royal anything below Diamond in Crown and Anchor is basically newbie in terms of perks and benefits.  You get none of the The Key perks at Emerald or below.  

If you find value in The Key on a Vision or Radiance class ship that's great.  If you ever sail Oasis class or Quantum class you should really see value in it.  

47 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

Hasn't that happened all along with Suite passengers?

I get the concern. It's a new program that many haven't fully grasped yet. The same discussions went on during Carnival's implementation of FTTF. Once people realize it won't effect their own experience much the angst will die down.

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Same here. Nothing better to enlighten the day than hear these tier status agreements. Lol

We have sailed in suites, junior suites and balcony cabins in 46 of our 49 cruises.

I would put Suites at the top of the perk entitlement which is justified by the cost of a  suite,then upper tier C&A tier perks.

The key holds no interest for us as D+ members but if we were not high tier members I might have been tempted

• Like 1

During a recent embarkation, 50 Key guests were able to board before me. Zero impact to my embarkation.  

If they can sell The Key and introduce new revenue to the company that helps keep cruise fares affordable for all of us, otherwise they'll resort to raising fares to maintain the stock holder dividends and meeting wall street expectations.     

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mondas42 said:

You are not actually getting saved seats (as I understand the program).  Usually the seating for suite guests and C&A members is just a specific area of the theater, which also could be full, depending on the number of guests on board.  You do not get a specific seat.  Frequently find the ice show “reserved” seating can be full.  It’s also opened up to general seating 10 minutes or so before the show.  Assuming that’s how the key program will work. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

You are not actually getting saved seats (as I understand the program).  Usually the seating for suite guests and C&A members is just a specific area of the theater, which also could be full, depending on the number of guests on board.  You do not get a specific seat.  Frequently find the ice show “reserved” seating can be full.  It’s also opened up to general seating 10 minutes or so before the show.  Assuming that’s how the key program will work. 

This is true but in our experience in the theater at least, the reserved seating area never fills up until the wait lines are let in so there's always plenty of seating. As for the ice shows, I think on Harmony they had a separate area from Suites.

Edited by Big_G

8 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Do you feel the same way when a first time cruiser books a suite, and gets access over you?

I understand that the cost of a suite should come with certain perks.... making it ok. 

Edited by SRV FAN