Top Bunk Question

Tanker

3 minutes ago, Tanker said:

Three in a cabin and mom and dad are worried about 4 yr old in top bunk.  Has anyone ever moved a mattress from the top bunk and put it on the floor?   Is there room for this?

Assuming when you say bunk that you are talking about a Pullman that comes out of the wall ceiling.  

RC recommends children be 6 years of age to use.  

How much room there would be depends on the cabin/ship that you are sailing on; not all cabins are the same size. Probably doable; but tight - depending on cabin configuration and size. If you have a sofa you might be better off having steward make up a bed on sofa. 

We are talking about the Pullman.  We are in a Villa Suite and are already using the couch.   Want to keep the family together in one of the smaller bedrooms, so we are thinking our best option is to put the mattress on the floor.  Has anyone done this before?  Any issues with the stewards?  Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Tanker said:

We are talking about the Pullman.  We are in a Villa Suite and are already using the couch.   Want to keep the family together in one of the smaller bedrooms, so we are thinking our best option is to put the mattress on the floor.  Has anyone done this before?  Any issues with the stewards?  Thanks!

There’s not much  floor space in those bedrooms.  Take a look at this video.  Start at the 1:10 mark

6 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I believe this is the new name for the presidential suite on deck 6 aft. (Freedom of the Seas)

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Harmony and Symphony deck 12.

Thanks, didn´t know they are named Villa Suite now.

I might be wrong, but from when I visited the Suite on Freedom several years ago, I recall there no Sofa bed being in any of the 4 bedrooms. The Sofa bed was in the Living room. The two inside bedrooms with the bunk beds had very limited Floor space. Much less than a regular inside cabin. Putting a mattress on the Floor would probably mostly elliminate any Floor space.

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/freedom-of-the-seas/deck-plans/1821/06

it is the Presidential Suite divided into two “Villa” Suites. 

Now you´ve certainly confused me, as I can see only one Villa Suite on the link you posted and the description fits the size of the Presidential Suite.:classic_unsure:

8 minutes ago, Paulxyz2004 said:

Now you´ve certainly confused me, as I can see only one Villa Suite on the link you posted and the description fits the size of the Presidential Suite.:classic_unsure:

Sorry. Early morning fuzzy brain. I should have left the link there alone. Yes, just one; not divided. Just renamed. 

Oh, good. I still had time to edit!!! 😊

8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

How about putting mom or dad on that top bunk, and letting tot use one of the two lower twins?

That was my immediate first thought.

Two years ago, I shared an inside cabin with my wife and MIL.  They each got the two lower beds, while I took the pullman.  After the first night I learned to watch my head while climbing up the ladder.  No big deal. 

9 hours ago, Tanker said:

Three in a cabin and mom and dad are worried about 4 yr old in top bunk.  Has anyone ever moved a mattress from the top bunk and put it on the floor?   Is there room for this?

For cruising when our son was 3 and 4, the room steward made up a nice bed on the floor using sheets and blankets. Kiddo slept just fine.