Accuracy of the menus on Celebrity app

CardRock

How accurate are the menus for the MDR on the Celebrity phone app?  They do not have our sailing listed yet, so I have looked at the menus for other dates.  All but a few sailings seem to be pretty much the same...but if it is a different set of guests, I guess it does not really matter.  Just wondering if these are just sample menus or if it is what we can expect once it provides the menus for our cruise...looking to see when we should consider a specialty restaurant.    

3 minutes ago, wingnut2005 said:

Question on the app do you need to be on  ships wifi  to be able to use the app or is it free to use without wifi

Technically you have to be on Wifi in order for it to operate but you will be using the Intranet instead of the paid Wifi coverage.  You simply connect to the Celebrity wifi signal and don't need to sign in or have an account.     Works very similar to many of the airlines where you can access some content for free but to browse the internet you have to sing up and pay a fee. 

It is important to turn off Data Roaming or you may be in for a big surprise.     I usually put my iPhone on Airplane mode and then go in and turn on Blue Tooth and Wifi while at sea. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Technically you have to be on Wifi in order for it to operate but you will be using the Intranet instead of the paid Wifi coverage.  You simply connect to the Celebrity wifi signal and don't need to sign in or have an account.     Works very similar to many of the airlines where you can access some content for free but to browse the internet you have to sing up and pay a fee. 

It is important to turn off Data Roaming or you may be in for a big surprise.     I usually put my iPhone on Airplane mode and then go in and turn on Blue Tooth and Wifi while at sea. 

Jim

Thank you for the reply good to know  and yes we always turn data off when leaving Canada

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

It was not accurate for MDR dinners on Edge.  On Reflection there were a few issues as well.  All in all, I would say that the app is not trustworthy.

If they can get the app done as much as they send emails it will work fine.

10 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

Cool! I didn't know about the app. It says "Your reservations on ships not yet available in this app." How many days in advance does the app allow you to look at a cruise?

Our June 15 cruise just showed up recently, but nothing yet for the menus.  Not much info yet, but soon!!!

11 hours ago, Newbie2006 said:

Cool! I didn't know about the app. It says "Your reservations on ships not yet available in this app." How many days in advance does the app allow you to look at a cruise?

Do you have the latest version.    On the latest version there is a logon screen and once filled in shows all my reservations going out to 2021.   They even show the reservations on ships that are not supported. 

At the very bottom of the page there is a link to "Get more Details on Ships we Support.

When you select this it shows the 5 Ships that are supported -  Constellation, Edge, Equinox, Millennium and Reflections.  When you select the ship it has sailings out to Jun 15 currently.   

Even though those dates are out there only the current cruise can be counted on for accuracy. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Do you have the latest version.    On the latest version there is a logon screen and once filled in shows all my reservations going out to 2021.   They even show the reservations on ships that are not supported. 

At the very bottom of the page there is a link to "Get more Details on Ships we Support.

When you select this it shows the 5 Ships that are supported -  Constellation, Edge, Equinox, Millennium and Reflections.  When you select the ship it has sailings out to Jun 15 currently.   

Even though those dates are out there only the current cruise can be counted on for accuracy. 

Ah. Summit isn't supported. 😞

3 hours ago, CardRock said:

I just noticed that some 7 day cruises have 9 or 10 days worth of menus...still good to see what the diet now will allow us to feast on later!

Are they different each day?    I've looked at a couple future cruise and they have the same menu for all days. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Are they different each day?    I've looked at a couple future cruise and they have the same menu for all days. 

I am specifically looking at Equinox menus.  They do have different menus for each day of the cruise, but if you look at several different cruises, the Day 1s are the same, and so on. With new passengers each week, I figured that was by design...most restaurants are cooking the same thing every day. 

You can probably count on them to be very similar.    My understanding is they have 14 menus and rotate them.    Saying that we recently took a B2B2B on Millennium and the first was a 7 day cruise followed by 2 14 day cruises.    They had the same menus on the 7 day cruise as the first 7 days of the 14 day cruise.