Iona Winter 20/21

Britboys

53 minutes ago, tring said:

I assume the 'new' fuel will also mean that the ports of call and locations which can be cruised are even more limited than they were with the larger ships anyway.

Why would you think that?  From the information I have read there will be quite enough ports providing LNG  bunkering facilities to adequately cover most of the current itineraries done by the larger ships in P&Os fleet, if not immediately then certainly by 2021/2.

• Thanks 1

They will need a bunkering point in the eastern Caribbean. At 20 knots it would take 6 days for a return journey from Florida to Barbados without any port stops. 10 night cruise, 6 sea days and 4 ports?

41 minutes ago, davecttr said:

They will need a bunkering point in the eastern Caribbean. At 20 knots it would take 6 days for a return journey from Florida to Barbados without any port stops. 10 night cruise, 6 sea days and 4 ports?

And I am sure they will get one, Barbados is the turn round port for several cruise lines so it makes sense for them to install the facilities sometime soon.

7 hours ago, Selbourne said:

You can do that sometimes Sue, but not always and not in this case. If you search for G003 (Iona’s Maiden Cruise) you get the details of G004, the Cruise after! I think that P&O miss a trick with this. To show some cruises as ‘Sold Out’ must surely encourage some who are undecided to make bookings for other cruises? 

Well that is odd! As you say should say ‘sold out’

EDIT- I’ve just searched for G003 and it came up! And said ‘sold out’ 😊

Edited by P&O SUE

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well that is odd! As you say should say ‘sold out’

EDIT- I’ve just searched for G003 and it came up! And said ‘sold out’ 😊

Very odd, because I’ve just searched and it came up as not found 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Les_ldh said:

Very odd, because I’ve just searched and it came up as not found 🤷‍♂️

The first way I tried didn’t work so I tried a different way! 

Ive just tried again and it’s really hit and miss! It’s not in the search box at the top of the page, after you click ‘book a cruise’ there’s a box that comes up under what month etc you want that says ‘ or search by cruise number’ and that’s where I put the number!

51 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

The first way I tried didn’t work so I tried a different way! 

Ive just tried again and it’s really hit and miss! It’s not in the search box at the top of the page, after you click ‘book a cruise’ there’s a box that comes up under what month etc you want that says ‘ or search by cruise number’ and that’s where I put the number!

Yes that works! 😀. It shouldn’t really be that hard though, should it? 

8 minutes ago, ts2004 said:

Iona is planned to be a Norway/Northern Europe only ship all year around.

That’s not correct. Summer 2020 will be Norway and Winter 2020/21 will be a mix of Canaries, Northern Europe and European Cities (as far into the Med as Barcelona).

1 hour ago, ts2004 said:

Iona is planned to be a Norway/Northern Europe only ship all year around.

Can’t happen as many of the Norwegian ports close down sometime in October.

Apart from that P&O are advertising  that they are going South for the winter. Like the birds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, daiB said:

Can’t happen as many of the Norwegian ports close down sometime in October.

P&O have just updated the Schedule and it turns out it heads to different places and that the Norway cruises end quite late in the year compared to other ships

4 hours ago, ts2004 said:

P&O have just updated the Schedule and it turns out it heads to different places and that the Norway cruises end quite late in the year compared to other ships

No in fact they finish mid September whereas many other lines go on well into October.

Just booked Canaries Cruise Feb 2021. Followed Dai’s advice and booked as soon as cruise was released. Paid less than same cruise on Britannia in 2017 and got additional discount from TA - very happy. 

• Like 1

Anyone got a really good crystal ball? We're hoping to go to the Fjords in 2021 and are looking forward to seeing what P&O offer in September however we really don't want to go on Iona. Based on past experiences does a new ship go somewhere else during the second summer season or go back to the original destination?

54 minutes ago, cornflake girl said:

Anyone got a really good crystal ball? We're hoping to go to the Fjords in 2021 and are looking forward to seeing what P&O offer in September however we really don't want to go on Iona. Based on past experiences does a new ship go somewhere else during the second summer season or go back to the original destination?

No one can answer that as it has not happened before.

1 hour ago, cornflake girl said:

It could be influenced by how successful the Iona sales for summer 2020 have been by the time they need to make the decisions for summer 2021. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:12 PM, terrierjohn said:

No in fact they finish mid September whereas many other lines go on well into October.

For P&O when it finishes it is quite late but for others its about mid range.