New Diamond - Questions

4 minutes ago, CrochetNCruisin said:

Sailing soon and I am newly Diamond - I know WHAT benefits I get. I am just curious how they work when sailing with a cabin mate who is not yet Diamond.  For example the BOGO specialty restaurants, lounge and the preloaded drinks.  Are these only on my card? 

Only on your Sea Pass card. Cabin mate won't be allowed in the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

You will receive a letter  in the cabin  explaining all the on board offers that are loaded on to YOUR card only.  Your cabin mate will have no  benefits.  She/he may of course join you if you  use  the  BOGO specialty dinner.  Your cabin mate will not be permitted in the lounge, but you will have 3 cocktails to use each evening in any bar.  The bar will have the list of available spirits and mixers. 

You cabin mate will likely be allowed to check in and board with you.  That may vary from  departure port. 

enjoy your new level

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

You will receive a letter  in the cabin  explaining all the on board offers that are loaded on to YOUR card only.  Your cabin mate will have no  benefits.  She/he may of course join you if you  use  the  BOGO specialty dinner.  Your cabin mate will not be permitted in the lounge, but you will have 3 cocktails to use each evening in any bar.  The bar will have the list of available spirits and mixers. 

You cabin mate will likely be allowed to check in and board with you.  That may vary from  departure port. 

enjoy

M

Just now, gsb said:

Being offered to D's on Allure Mar. 3rd.

Thats through the cruise planner and had nothing to do with being Diamond, it is offered to everyone.

The D+ BOGO is similar but not exactly the same as you can use it for one person and take one guest for free on one night.

Depends on the nature of your cabin mate. If it is your significant other and they share the same address as you, then link the two of you together and your cabin mate will acquire your status through the relationship. Other than that scenario, your cabin mate will only get whatever benefits they actually qualified for on their own.

Depends on the nature of your cabin mate. If it is your significant other and they share the same address as you, then link the two of you together and your cabin mate will acquire your status through the relationship. Other than that scenario, your cabin mate will only get whatever benefits they actually qualified for on their own

Is this true?? My wife has never cruised Royal before and I am a Diamond.  We live in the same house and have the same last name I can just link her to me and she becomes a Diamond??? Will that work with our 4 year old son as well??

This doesn't sound right??  I hope it is but...

2 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Depends on the nature of your cabin mate. If it is your significant other and they share the same address as you, then link the two of you together and your cabin mate will acquire your status through the relationship. Other than that scenario, your cabin mate will only get whatever benefits they actually qualified for on their own

Is this true?? My wife has never cruised Royal before and I am a Diamond.  We live in the same house and have the same last name I can just link her to me and she becomes a Diamond??? Will that work with our 4 year old son as well??

This doesn't sound right??  I hope it is but...

It is true. Both your wife and your son will become diamond. Call before you sail. 

Wow we are 90 days out today and I just got home from work and was all fired up to complete our online booking etc.  Looks like I am going to wait another day and call Royal tomorrow!!!

Guess there is no more rubbing it in to my wife that I am a Diamond and she is not!!! Nah Nah Nah!!! LOL

2 minutes ago, HodgeNNicole said:

Wow we are 90 days out today and I just got home from work and was all fired up to complete our online booking etc.  Looks like I am going to wait another day and call Royal tomorrow!!!

Guess there is no more rubbing it in to my wife that I am a Diamond and she is not!!! Nah Nah Nah!!! LOL

Call C&A 

800 526 9723

3 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

You can go ahead and do the booking now -- their C&A status doesn't change your ability to book the cruise.

23 hours ago, HodgeNNicole said:

You should be happy that she is also Diamond and also your son. She can now rub it into you (like  my husband did when he married into Emerald) that she didn't need to do all that hard work cruising!! Lol And I am surprised you didn't know that. It's amazing how many people lose out on benefits because they fail to read the fine print!