Deck 2 ???

Paula B

First time sailing Royal Caribbean our ship is LOS. We have an interior cabin deck 7 near the back of the ship 2 adults 2 teens. I got an offer to Royal Up to a spacious interior room sleeps 6. Only thing I can find is 1R and it's on the second deck. We have never sailed that low of a deck. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 minutes ago, Paula B said:

First time sailing Royal Caribbean our ship is LOS. We have an interior cabin deck 7 near the back of the ship 2 adults 2 teens. I got an offer to Royal Up to a spacious interior room sleeps 6. Only thing I can find is 1R and it's on the second deck. We have never sailed that low of a deck. Any input or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

An inside on that deck should be fine!

OV on that deck is terrible noisy as the waves hit the hull....:classic_angry:👎

We have sailed on deck 2, outside with kids inside across the hall (not on this ship). Very easy on and off. Would not hesitate to do this deck again and as far as the waves on the hull- not an issue, but then again we are power boat folks and waves on the hull don't bother us. They actually make me fall asleep!

21 minutes ago, WisconsinFan said:

We have sailed on deck 2, outside with kids inside across the hall (not on this ship). Very easy on and off. Would not hesitate to do this deck again and as far as the waves on the hull- not an issue, but then again we are power boat folks and waves on the hull don't bother us. They actually make me fall asleep!

On Freedoom and Voyager - class it is really LOUD like somebody is using a hammer to bang on the hull....it kept waking us up many times ...spoke to others on the deck - many said they agree it is quite loud....😱

Just be aware.....some will not wake up - no matter what happens...YMMV👍

5 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

On Freedoom and Voyager - class it is really LOUD like somebody is using a hammer to bang on the hull....it kept waking us up many times ...spoke to others on the deck - many said they agree it is quite loud....😱

Just be aware.....some will not wake up - no matter what happens...YMMV👍

Fair enough. We were on an Alaskan cruise, and the inside passage was like glass- so maybe that is why we didn't have the sound issues but we didn't notice it on the run north out of Seattle, and our window was getting very wet! Some things bother sleepers and other things don't, my grandparents had a train that ran through their yard after the first night when we would visit I never heard it 🙂.

• Like 1

Advice for Deck 2?  Only thing I can think of is get off the elevator when it says, "Deck Two".

Also pay attention to whether your room is accessed from the fore or aft elevators -- Deck Two hallway doesn't typically go all the way through from bow to stern.