Piano Player

lindatoo

30 minutes ago, voljeep said:

um, OK ...

we just think of Crooners as a true Piano Bar ... not a karaoke lounge type place ...

we just want to listen to the smooth tunes ... but hey, that's just us

Yeah, that's us, too.  But there are some piano players that Princess uses that do the rowdy dueling piano-type show.  We've had a couple of the piano players we really liked, and at least one who was really obnoxious.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, lindatoo said:

No thats not him, he was older, I think a blonde. He introduced his partner to everyone, talked about your houses and what you had in those houses.

You seem to be describing Perry Grant.  Very popular among certain cruisers.  Not one of our favorites.  Not sure where he is now but he moves around on various cruise lines.

7 hours ago, wheezedr said:

You seem to be describing Perry Grant.  Very popular among certain cruisers.  Not one of our favorites.  Not sure where he is now but he moves around on various cruise lines.

According to a quick web search his next performance is a March cruise on HAL Konigsdam  where looks like he will be giving private performances each evening in the Crows Nest for those who sign up  through a group booking for a special Perry Grant cruise.

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

we walked out on Kory Simon ... again, just not our style in that environment ... maybe as a lounge act in another venue ...

Fully agree. He never seemed to have many people listening to him play.

• 3 years later...
On 2/14/2019 at 7:45 AM, Travelw said:

Is Bert Stratton still performing on Princess ships?  Saw him on three different ships and he was fantastic.  Most nights he had standing room only for his performance.

Dennis

I know this is an old post but we sure do miss Bert.  Last I heard he was in Nashville writing original songs.  I selfishly hope he comes back but also wish him great success as a song writer.  He is a very talented guy.

Edited by RobertoF