Grand Princess Calypso Pool

Murray's Pop

3 hours ago, Murray's Pop said:

Will be on the Grand in September to Alaska.  Does anyone know if the Calypso pool is covered and heated on an Alaska cruise?  Curious, as all of our many cruises in the past have only been warm weather cruises.  Thanks!

The Calypso pool is covered (also with an upper deck) and no, I don't think the water was heated for Alaska ... burrrr!!  Maybe I am just a wimp but it sure didn't feel heated when we went on her to Alaska in the past.  

More often than not it is heated.  But that's a relative term.  I've experienced water that was warmer than the hottubs and water that felt like it was pulled straight out of the Pacific.  Generally, the pools seem to be heated for Alaska itineraries.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:39 PM, disneyochem said:

We're on the Grand on the Alaskan cruise in May.  I'll let you know!  I too am a wimp (usually get a thermal spa pass on an Alaskan cruise) so am interested in knowing.

There is no thermal spa on the Grand.  We found this out the first time we had a suite.  

I know, life is hard when you cruise!  

6 hours ago, justafem said:

There is no thermal spa on the Grand.  We found this out the first time we had a suite.  

I know, life is hard when you cruise!  

No thermal spa?!?!  That’s almost a deal breaker!!  😁

(First time on Princess.  Thanks for the heads up.)

On 2/19/2019 at 12:07 PM, KatieMac67 said:

I will be going to Alaska in May and I will let you have my spot in the pool. I live in Arizona and if my pool is cooler than 85 I will not go in it. But I will be happy to watch and see who turns blue. Ha Ha. 

We live near Sacramento and during the summer our pool is usually over 85, and we are pretty much the same as you.  Oh well....  will wait and see.