How many points should I have?

I think my C&A points may be wrong.

I haven't cruised RCL since 2004 and since then they have changed the way they calculate points.

I cruised 3 times -

9 nights

7 nights

7 nights

So by my calculation, I should have 23 points.

But my C&A shows 22 points.

When they changed the way points are awarded you received 7 points for each cruise regardless if number of days. Then you received one bonus point at conversion. I also had a 9 night and only got 7 points. All those with 3/4 night cruises got 7 each from my understanding. 

20 minutes ago, HappyTravels said:

Oh, I thought it was one point per night and that the 9 night cruise would be 9 points.

Did everyone get a "fudge factor" point when they converted?

Fudge factor points varied by the number of cruises you had taken.  1 point was obviously the lowest.

26 minutes ago, HappyTravels said:

Oh, I thought it was one point per night and that the 9 night cruise would be 9 points.

Yes, they took every cruise prior to the switch and credited them as 7 points each then added one more point to that total.  All my prior ones had been 7 nights so I didn't come out ahead or behind lol but I was irritated at the time by those that had only done 3/4 nights and got "extra points" lol - I didn't even think about cruises over 7 nights!  

Then again I did a 3N solo on Majesty in 2012 and now they offer double points per night for solos even in regular cabins - I reached out to C&A but because they didn't start that practice until after that cruise no dice!  

4 hours ago, HappyTravels said:

Prior to January 2011, there were no cruise points.  Each cruise was one credit, with an extra credit for a JS (or better) stateroom and an extra credit for cruises of 12 nights or longer.  So you could earn 3 credits per cruise. 

Credits were converted into cruise points in Jan 2011 using this forumula:

If credits were 1-4, points = credits * 7 + 1

If credits were 5-7, points = credits * 7 + 3

If credits were > 7, points = credits * 7 + 13

Ok here I thought they had given me extra points as I had done a old 7 and old 3 night cruise and a recent 14 night cruise for a total of 29 points which matches this formula.  Is there a way for me to see my family's points from our upcoming cruise planner or do I have to create a crown and anchor account for them?

10 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Yes, they took every cruise prior to the switch and credited them as 7 points each then added one more point to that total.  All my prior ones had been 7 nights so I didn't come out ahead or behind lol but I was irritated at the time by those that had only done 3/4 nights and got "extra points" lol - I didn't even think about cruises over 7 nights!  

Then again I did a 3N solo on Majesty in 2012 and now they offer double points per night for solos even in regular cabins - I reached out to C&A but because they didn't start that practice until after that cruise no dice!  

October 3, 2013

11 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

October 3, 2013

Yep, and I keep telling DH that after our upcoming cruise I just need 24 points for diamond so I could take an 8 or 9 night in a suite solo and somehow he doesn't support this plan 🙂  So I'll have to do a 5 and 7 or 12 night with him in a suite - this he'll support lol!