Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

7 minutes ago, Littlegov said:

Nasty, sarcastic, so unnecessary. Glad your not on my cruise.

Wow, I was genuinely not trying to be any of those things, i’m quite amazed at your attack on me.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:39 PM, SuzeCruz1 said:

Jim_Iain 

thanks so much for starting this thread; i've been following your Millennium thread to get an idea of what is in store for us on Summit.  I'm looking forward to lots of pics and comments.  

We'll be on the Sept. cruise this year - the last one of the season to Bermuda and, it appears, the last one with the 3 day stop there :classic_sad:.  This will be our 5th trip on Summit and we're looking forward to seeing the changes.  I'm not a big fan of the decor, but the only thing I really hope they change is to add some kind of canopy over the Sunset Bar for those really sunny or really rainy days.   By September we should see how well all the light colors are holding up.  

We will be on the same September sailing with you.  I’ll be in a wheelchair/scooter (accident a decade ago).  Say hello!

i am a former Yacht Captain and stopped in Bermuda any chance I got.  My husband, Jim, and best travel buddy Lou have never seen it.

im so excited for them.  

Jim even found a photo of the tugboat, Faithful, in a recent trip report.  I always felt at home if I saw Powerful or Faithful!

87 days till we drive to NJ and 88 days until embarkation!

Days will Pass you quickly now....under 90.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:39 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Sure hope someone starts posting some pictures.   So far haven't found a single picture.

Cabin 9164

aft facing Accessible 

anyone see anything?

23 minutes ago, Donut23 said:

We will be on the same September sailing with you.  I’ll be in a wheelchair/scooter (accident a decade ago).  Say hello!

i am a former Yacht Captain and stopped in Bermuda any chance I got.  My husband, Jim, and best travel buddy Lou have never seen it.

im so excited for them.  

Jim even found a photo of the tugboat, Faithful, in a recent trip report.  I always felt at home if I saw Powerful or Faithful!

87 days till we drive to NJ and 88 days until embarkation!

Days will Pass you quickly now....under 90.

First time for us to Bermuda.  Can not wait, can not believe it is under 90 days!!!!  See you soon!

You know what's really ironic?  

I bet you guys might have met/have met/will meet....and you'll all get along famously.

People tend to get crazy on the anonymity of the internet.

Meet in person and you're besties.  Cross paths on a message board and you hate each other.

So weird.

23 minutes ago, mmeg29 said:

First time for us to Bermuda.  Can not wait, can not believe it is under 90 days!!!!  See you soon!

Be sure to be on deck for arrival (if in the daylight).  The colors of the water from Tidy Bowl Blue to the palest sea green are mesmerizing.

Bermuda is not tall like many Caribbean islands so we won’t see her hours ahead but the pastel buildings, blue water, white sand, flowers in the gardens and green backdrop will keep your camera busy once we see the islands.

My Jim can be identified as the man with his camera to his face all the time.

Dont forget to wave to Powerful and Faithful!  ❤️

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

You know what's really ironic?  

I bet you guys might have met/have met/will meet....and you'll all get along famously.

People tend to get crazy on the anonymity of the internet.

Meet in person and you're besties.  Cross paths on a message board and you hate each other.

So weird.

You are probably right, with the exception of us hating each other.

Nothing you could post to or about me could bother me or cause me to hate anybody.  Water off a duck's back.

What kills me is how easily people get offended by nothing.  Post the word "Geez" and it is "uncalled for, sarcastic, and nasty".

Maybe "Heavens to Murgatroid"  or "Sufferin Succotash" would be OK?  Maybe not, who know's?  I am certain that someone on CC would have reason to be offended by such terms.

But, in all seriousness, I do not mean to offend, however, with some posters, they are incredibly and overly sensitive.  I do feel bad for them, but, it is not going to bother me one little bit.  Matter of fact, it tends to amuse me.  Yep, I am the person that laughs at funerals.

And for those that think I am nasty, uncouth, ignorant, a trolip, The Spawn of Satan, that's OK.  I have no problem with it.  Just try to relax and be happy.

• Like 1

I’m fine with both...in fact, if it’s OK with everyone, perhaps it would be best if we could all re-channel our efforts at continuing to provide helpful information to those of us who still have a lot to learn about cruising. 

The personal back and forths cannot be our proudest moments, so please help us to become better informed.

Randy

770BA34D-275E-44E9-B2C0-107914627006.jpeg

9D35EE02-B775-41CF-8472-182D2570F260.jpeg

Edited by Schmoe38
  • Like 4

I just got off the Summit today.  Some things on this ship have not changed at all.  The martini bar is absolutely the same as ever.  Not even a new chair.  Café Abacio has the same chairs and carpet it had in 2017 when last I was on.  This time we stayed in a C1 aft cabin.  The colors in the cabin are pleasant.  I felt the closet has gotten smaller because they put more shelves in it taking away some hanging space. There are one drawer in the nightstands but two shelves underneath.  4 drawers in the desk/vanity.  No more couch just a large chair that can be converted to a single bed.  The buffet area is much brighter and the chairs are very comfortable.  They have added some new stations and we were able to get a table easily most days.  Our balcony had two chairs and a small table, also 2 lounge chairs so if you want to put your feet up book this room.  Now for some negative things, we ate in select dining and some times the lines were just horrible.  It didn't matter if you had a reservation or not, you still waited on line.  We found we got in quicker without a reservation.  It seems like Celebrity has kept adding cabins to the ship but the dining room is the same size as it always was.  The tables are very close together and the waiters can't walk around the table to deliver the food, so they bring out some and then have to go back for he rest.  The wait staff works so hard.  One night we had a table in front of the staircase.  The waiter had to walk up 3 steps and down 3 steps to get around the table next to us just to deliver our food. We did like the Bigalow products in the shower but they are pump bottles and sometimes were hard to pump.  The shower was done nicely and the shower head and water temp were fine.  For a ship that was just redone we found most of the elevators buttons did not light up. Our sliding glass door was so hard to open and close.  Our room was always cold no matter where I set the air conditioner.  Our friend had her air unit wet her carpet.  They did send an engineer to fix it for her.

I did not find the colors objectional.  Mostly in the tans and brown colors.  I say for everyone I think you will like her and even with the problems we had they were minor.  People like to complain about things they haven't seen for themselves. Nothing will stop me from sailing on her again.

Pat

• Like 4

So when one of you was sitting on the large chair (which used to be love-seat sized), the other has to sit on the bed or desk chair?   Would you have rather had the love seat back or did you prefer more floor space in the room? 

23 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks for your comments, Nancy.  Should you happen to sail on the Summit cruises to and from Dublin next year (August 2 and/or 16), we would be happy to invite you to the Hoppenized penthouse so you may form your own opinion.  And I too have used pillows to prop up my feet when footstools are not available.  So that's not such a radical idea.  Also the lifejackets in the basket on S class.  I don't always sail in the PH, only on special trips with friends.  In fact, I've sailed in every class of cabin from an inside to the PH, with the exception of a Celebrity Suite--we upgraded to a Royal Suite, so missed that experience. 

Unfortunately, I am not booked on either of those cruises.  I will be either on the Summit in October or Equinox in November of 2019 depending on whether a friend is able to join me or not.  I'm hoping to get a glimpse of all the tops suites on a cabin crawl, but by then, I'm sure we will see lots of pictures. Perhaps we will meet on another cruise.

20 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Sorry but I really do not understand the importance of footstools. I never use them. Most time they are just in your way and take away space especially on smaller balconies. If someone has healths issues I understand. 

I think it all depends on how you use your balcony.  I love to sit out there with a good book...put my feet up on the footstool and relax. And, actually, sitting with your feet elevated is good for your health for anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RodPat said:

I just got off the Summit today.....

Pat

Hi Pat  - Haven't talked to you in ages, even those we live so close. Thanks for your impressions. Hope you had a great cruise!

5 hours ago, Donut23 said:

We will be on the same September sailing with you.    Say hello!

Hi Donut23 - So glad you're getting back to beautiful Bermuda.  Have you joined the roll call yet?  Come on over.

I love tugboats - here's a pic of each of those two beautiful ladies that I've taken on previous trips.  

image.png.1bbb572ccd22988ca38578352a3cabe7.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

Hi Donut23 - So glad you're getting back to beautiful Bermuda.  Have you joined the roll call yet?  Come on over.

I love tugboats - here's a pic of each of those two beautiful ladies that I've taken on previous trips.  

image.png.1bbb572ccd22988ca38578352a3cabe7.png

👍❤️🍾🥂🤸‍♀️🎉🤗💃🍸🍻❤️

How unbelievably thoughtful to find photos of The Girls.  Thank you.

Bermuda is a magical place for yachties.  In the fall we depart from New England in October sailing 180 degrees south....offshore for 4 or 5 days.

Nasty slog through the gulf stream, delivery crew without their sealegs throwing up and things breaking.

Captains sit at the navigation table to escape into charts and logs for a few minutes.

You realize you are about 75 miles north of Bermuda.  The day is sunny and warm - Out come the shorts.

Mosey through that cut at St George’s and The Best is to see the cuties at work.

Powerful and Faithful - I’m a comin back!

9 hours ago, Schmoe38 said:

I’m fine with both...in fact, if it’s OK with everyone, perhaps it would be best if we could all re-channel our efforts at continuing to provide helpful information to those of us who still have a lot to learn about cruising. 

The personal back and forths cannot be our proudest moments, so please help us to become better informed.

Randy

770BA34D-275E-44E9-B2C0-107914627006.jpeg

9D35EE02-B775-41CF-8472-182D2570F260.jpeg

Thanks Randy..I tried to express this  myself  a few posts back, but your post is much better!

9 hours ago, RodPat said:

I just got off the Summit today.  Some things on this ship have not changed at all.  The martini bar is absolutely the same as ever.  Not even a new chair.  Café Abacio has the same chairs and carpet it had in 2017 when last I was on.  This time we stayed in a C1 aft cabin.  The colors in the cabin are pleasant.  I felt the closet has gotten smaller because they put more shelves in it taking away some hanging space. There are one drawer in the nightstands but two shelves underneath.  4 drawers in the desk/vanity.  No more couch just a large chair that can be converted to a single bed.  The buffet area is much brighter and the chairs are very comfortable.  They have added some new stations and we were able to get a table easily most days.  Our balcony had two chairs and a small table, also 2 lounge chairs so if you want to put your feet up book this room.  Now for some negative things, we ate in select dining and some times the lines were just horrible.  It didn't matter if you had a reservation or not, you still waited on line.  We found we got in quicker without a reservation.  It seems like Celebrity has kept adding cabins to the ship but the dining room is the same size as it always was.  The tables are very close together and the waiters can't walk around the table to deliver the food, so they bring out some and then have to go back for he rest.  The wait staff works so hard.  One night we had a table in front of the staircase.  The waiter had to walk up 3 steps and down 3 steps to get around the table next to us just to deliver our food. We did like the Bigalow products in the shower but they are pump bottles and sometimes were hard to pump.  The shower was done nicely and the shower head and water temp were fine.  For a ship that was just redone we found most of the elevators buttons did not light up. Our sliding glass door was so hard to open and close.  Our room was always cold no matter where I set the air conditioner.  Our friend had her air unit wet her carpet.  They did send an engineer to fix it for her.

I did not find the colors objectional.  Mostly in the tans and brown colors.  I say for everyone I think you will like her and even with the problems we had they were minor.  People like to complain about things they haven't seen for themselves. Nothing will stop me from sailing on her again.

Pat

Thanks so  much for this review.  We are booked on Summit in 2020.....Newport, Bermuda and Charleston.  Have been on her multiple times..Carib, Bermuda, Hawaii.

This cruise will be mostly about the ports..If the mdr is not that good, we'll visit the buffet a few times,..as we will be going  mostly casual . We like to eat early so hopefuly  MDR lines won't be that bad

How was getting on and off in Bayonne?

12 hours ago, RodPat said:

For a ship that was just redone we found most of the elevators buttons did not light up. Our sliding glass door was so hard to open and close.  Our room was always cold no matter where I set the air conditioner.  Our friend had her air unit wet her carpet.  They did send an engineer to fix it for her.

Pat

It's these little maintenance things that disappoint me, especially after a refurbishment (though I would pay handsomely for a room that got cold enough for my liking).  

13 hours ago, warmwinds said:

So when one of you was sitting on the large chair (which used to be love-seat sized), the other has to sit on the bed or desk chair?   Would you have rather had the love seat back or did you prefer more floor space in the room? 

To tell the truth the large chair was alright.  I think it didn't matter because there was no coffee table to put anything on and I really didn't mind sitting on the desk chair.  Actually if you are both thin you might just fit on the chair together.  Unfortunately my husband and I are fluffy so the two different chairs worked.

Pat