Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

32 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but we just got off the Summit yesterday (AQ 1130).  There are no hooks in AQ staterooms, not even on the back of the bathroom door.

Wait.  No hooks on the bathroom door?  Where are you to hang wet towels then? 

Or, did you mean on the outside of the bathroom door? 

10 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Wait.  No hooks on the bathroom door?  Where are you to hang wet towels then? 

Or, did you mean on the outside of the bathroom door? 

We had no hooks anywhere in AQ 1130.  MizDemeanor and her husband had 4 hooks on the inside of their bathroom door (AQ 1140).  Our cabins were two doors away.

2 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

I think you got our bathroom door hooks!  We had none. 🤔 Our cabin was two doors down from MizDemeanor's.  (Both of our cabins were in the cabin crawl.) I didn't see the hooks, because once you've seen one bathroom in any category through AQ, they start to look the same.😊

Hi Jazzbo. We were the ones two doors down from you and yes, we have 4 hooks on the bathroom door. Maybe they are in the process of installing them? But I did see some other cabins on the crawl with no hooks so you were not alone. 

And here was my solution to my shoulder bag: I just opened one of the glass cabinet doors and hung it there. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

We had no hooks anywhere in AQ 1130.  MizDemeanor and her husband had 4 hooks on the inside of their bathroom door (AQ 1140).  Our cabins were two doors away.

Maybe you were supposed to get 2 each and the installer screwed up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope the hooks get to the doors by the time we are on Summit...not til 2020.

Everytime I see those cabinets and shelving,..it just screams college dorm. Hope it is   functional enough for a 9 night cruise....

• Like 2

I do believe Celebrity was still working on completing the Revolution during the April 6th cruise.  When we were in one of the ports (can't remember which), we saw older furniture dumped haphazardly in a truck, and loading of new, plastic-wrapped furniture.  The organizer of our cabin crawl had an accessible Sky Suite, and their couch was replaced during the cruise.  I hope she posts about their cabin; there were no (zero) shelves or any other storage in the bathroom, and if I remember correctly, not much storage elsewhere in the cabin.  The regular cabins (Inside to AQ) all had more storage.

• Like 1

I still think there was no one in charge of quality control on the Revolutions.  I will make do with what is in our suite because I refuse to carry extra "stuff" to make it livable. Celebrity needs to get their act together. Luckily our next cruise is not until November so hopefully they will.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I truly hope they read these threads and fix these huge, common sense...and just to be perfectly clear, I will again say "common sense", missteps.

Who needs "pretty" uncomfortable furniture, not enough storage, beating sun everywhere you go.

What real person wants any of that?

13 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

I truly hope they read these threads and fix these huge, common sense...and just to be perfectly clear, I will again say "common sense", missteps.

Who needs "pretty" uncomfortable furniture, not enough storage, beating sun everywhere you go.

What person wants any of that?  Obviously Kelly Hoppen.  I'd be willing to bet she has never cruised.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

The world of "design" is like the world of fashion. It's a fictitious world where visual "appeal" rules and functionality is not a consideration. Whether the furniture is comfortable let alone functional, is of no concern.  That's not in the syllabus as something upon which the designer is graded. 

As Fernando used to say, "it's better to look good than to feel good" and the ship looks marvelous! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

What person wants any of that?  Obviously Kelly Hoppen.  I'd be willing to bet she has never cruised.

As stated on other threads , KH has never cruised. IMO, it should be a requirement that  anyone opting for the contract should spend at least a month on a ship.

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

That's crazy!  Sounds like they hadn't gotten the entire revamping done before your sailing.  Little things like missing hooks can be truly annoying when it would have taken very little time to make sure they were installed in all cabins.

53 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

That's crazy!  Sounds like they hadn't gotten the entire revamping done before your sailing.  Little things like missing hooks can be truly annoying when it would have taken very little time to make sure they were installed in all cabins.

It's funny that considering how much major work they DID do, having a few guys go around with a drill and hooks wasn't among the things they accomplished. 

I sailed in January on the Edge.  Many of the same complaints.obviously, from this discussion, X has not learned from their mistakes. Nor do they want to. Just into very modern, despite practically. NEVER sat on so many uncomfortable chairs, nor had to shower in my suite without a curtain or door. 

Now I am in fear of EDGIZING the S class , that they will do the same thing. 

I realized I did not like EDGE class, but knew I loved the rest of Celebrity. We were loyal Elite Plus , but will reconsider other Cruise Lines.

• Like 1

For those who are on or finishing a cruise on board the revolutionized Summit, please if you could, post your cabin review (per format given) on the following thread, to assist future travelers in choosing their cabin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/11/2019 at 11:06 PM, Blue_Flame said:

And while on the subject of “sunny balconies”, I am not sure if anyone has yet mentioned that the sheer curtains are gone, at least in our AQ cabin. What is left is a blackout curtain. When the direct sun is pouring into the cabin, we have to close the blackout curtain to keep the heat out, giving us a dark cabin and no view outside. 

After living with it for a week, I do admit I liked having the sheer curtain option.

Thank you so much for posting information about your cabin.  When I originally booked 1138 for two weeks in November I was excited about getting an aft Aqua but since they removed the canopy over the sunset bar, I'm concerned about privacy.  In some photos it looks like you can see in the sliding door from the deck below.  Without sheers to obscure the view, we'll have to close the heavy drapes.

I have a couple of questions.  What kind of furniture was on the veranda?  Since they added more Aqua cabins, was it difficult getting seated in Blu?

5 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

For those who are on or finishing a cruise on board the revolutionized Summit, please if you could, post your cabin review (per format given) on the following thread, to assist future travelers in choosing their cabin.

Great reminder....

On 4/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, happy cruzer said:

What is considered an entree?  I think read that only one entree is allowed.

So only one choice From the Sea or Butcher cuts? Pizza or the homemade pastas are considered what? 

Multiples from the others?

Looks confusing about the multiples allowed.  Menu looks interesting otherwise.  Thanks.

Thanks for the general answer.  In the original question, I tried to link the Tuscan Grill Menu.  That is what my question is in regards to - looking at that menu I was confused.  Anyone?

27 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Thank you so much for posting information about your cabin.  When I originally booked 1138 for two weeks in November I was excited about getting an aft Aqua but since they removed the canopy over the sunset bar, I'm concerned about privacy.  In some photos it looks like you can see in the sliding door from the deck below.  Without sheers to obscure the view, we'll have to close the heavy drapes.

I have a couple of questions.  What kind of furniture was on the veranda?  Since they added more Aqua cabins, was it difficult getting seated in Blu?

So when you sit back on your aft balcony a bit, you cannot be seen from below, though you can be seen from deck 12 above (those standing at the railing) if you are not under the overhang. If you stand at your railing, you can definitely be seen by those below at the Sunset Bar, though as a rule I didn’t see people looking upwards! 

All balconies seem to come two reclining chairs with headrests and a small cocktail table. I didn’t see a single footstool in any cabin, not even the suites I visited on the cabin crawl. Looks like the days of footstools are gone. 

We were always seated right away in Blu, and even with the same wait staff, but we dine late (8:45) and so I don’t know how it was for those who went earlier. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for the general answer.  In the original question, I tried to link the Tuscan Grill Menu.  That is what my question is in regards to - looking at that menu I was confused.  Anyone?

There is no limit to what you can order.  If you want fish and steak you can order both. Pasta, veal and pizza, good to go.  Not sure where your confusion is coming from.

1 hour ago, Blue_Flame said:

So when you sit back on your aft balcony a bit, you cannot be seen from below, though you can be seen from deck 12 above (those standing at the railing) if you are not under the overhang. If you stand at your railing, you can definitely be seen by those below at the Sunset Bar, though as a rule I didn’t see people looking upwards! 

All balconies seem to come two reclining chairs with headrests and a small cocktail table. I didn’t see a single footstool in any cabin, not even the suites I visited on the cabin crawl. Looks like the days of footstools are gone. 

We were always seated right away in Blu, and even with the same wait staff, but we dine late (8:45) and so I don’t know how it was for those who went earlier. 

Thanks again!  I'm sure we'll love it but we may need to bring inflatable footstools.  

On 4/14/2019 at 8:40 PM, D C said:

The world of "design" is like the world of fashion. It's a fictitious world where visual "appeal" rules and functionality is not a consideration. Whether the furniture is comfortable let alone functional, is of no concern.  That's not in the syllabus as something upon which the designer is graded. 

As Fernando used to say, "it's better to look good than to feel good" and the ship looks marvelous! 

Really good design is also functional.  The two need not be mutually exclusive.  We're not talking clothing here, we're talking furniture.

• Like 6

On 4/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Really good design is also functional.  The two need not be mutually exclusive.  We're not talking clothing here, we're talking furniture.

Ditto. Post -modernism (1950s and 60s, post-Bauhaus) was all about form follows function, not the other way around. Modern design and functionality do not havev to be in conflict,  in fact good design is not gimmicky. But you will notice that good modern design blends well with traditional surroundings. A Barcelona chair (Miehs van der Rohe) would look stunning on the original wooden parquet flooring the Penthouse Suite on the Summit had....