Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, gimletgal said:

The people in Aqua deck 11 cabins are complaining because the "slats" allow people to look UP to their balcony whereas before, there was a canopy over the Sunset Bar.

DW and I have had 1130 many times, and even though we believe it to be an awesome cabin, I never thought it offered much privacy from people sitting at the Sunset Bar (or people walking up the stairs right next to the verandah for that matter).  I was always able to see them, especially the tables close to the back railing, so obviously they could see us. My guess is, however, the closer someone is sitting to the bar, all they will see looking up is the bottom of your verandah. 

Edited by bayonnejoe

On 4/6/2019 at 6:11 PM, MizDemeanor said:

Wanted to mention for fun facts, that the wood and stain and marine grade varnish railing have been replaced with a material that is quite lovely and much less work intensive and one that will look better over time. It’s like trex deck material. I really do like it although this photo may not do it justice, it will always look fresh and cared for. 35dadc21758df6f5285bb21d7e2c291e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice 

Odd question, but what about UNDER the railing? I noticed on the Infinity that the metal "under railings" were very rusty to the point of the metal flaking. More than just a coat of paint away from being fixed. 

5 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Not only are the slats unfunctional for shade,  they look even uglier and messier from below.   Might have looked better and been better for shade if slats were closer together.  They just look bent and broken when viewed from the back.  What was Celebrity thinking when they approved this change? 

It seems like the middle aft-facing rooms took a privacy hit, too.  The side-back rooms never had much, but the middle one(s) did. 

Nice  Odd question, but what about UNDER the railing? I noticed on the Infinity that the metal "under railings" were very rusty to the point of the metal flaking. More than just a coat of paint away from being fixed. 

The glass wall under the railing is original to the ship and where you can see the old and the new. It’s visible up on the pool deck too. I’d take pictures but it’s best to just overlook certain stuff. In this instance though the railing is one piece and is affixed to the originalPortions of the ships structure. The center of the underside of the railing appears to me to be simple to an aluminum track. 62752af8f30c03cf887e6eec3d91e054.jpg

Thanks! Appreciate it.  I found this from one of the PR releases, so it made it sound like there was an actual blow-dry bar added:

Spa transformed by Krause Sawyer

The new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea by New York design firm Krause Sawyer transformed the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center and locker rooms. The Persian Garden thermal suite was enhanced with new therapeutic spaces and experiences such as a Turkish bath, infrared sauna and salt therapy.

A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center was created for personal training and consultations. A new salon provides services like a blow-dry bar and luxury manicures and pedicures.

This sounds like the concept they have in place and are promoting. Here are the price list for the blow out items and what is in today’s daily. I owe you pictures of the salon.

3c87ddc62d4d26725c354fd51cec6dc3.jpg437e5f10734e6a221dd2293f9b1899cb.jpg4050b9bb7611c3a01ee6741a32c25b3b.jpg35b2b6ecd7306628e2ce4b4fbfa3de81.jpgaccf3fa915f597c77abbf576570be1e6.jpg

1 hour ago, MizDemeanor said:

The slats over the sunset bar to me are like streamers blowing in the breeze. The entire area is very well used and I think people are really liking it.

Personally, I dig the slats and I like the sunshine.  If it gets too hot or too sunny, I'll go somewhere else for a while.  

Thanks for the salon prices... could not read prices on the right for Spa skin care services...facials, etc

I usually sign up for one facial plus a massage...hope it can be done  online with the E + or port discounts..spa looks nice.

10 hours ago, gimletgal said:

I absolutely love the aft cabins & balconies on M-Class!!! I also like that they changed the flooring on the balcony and it also looks like they went from the translucent side walls to solid. And, looks like they STILL have great furniture. Thanks for posting!

I love this balcony.  Is this a suite cabin?                                         

Edited:

It looks like the picture didn't go through, so I'm sure my post is confusing.  I am referring to the picture of the aft cabin with  recliners, chairs, and 2 tables,  if that helps. I thought that I had copied the picture,  but apparently not.

Edited by Hatteras51

16 minutes ago, Hatteras51 said:

Here is the picture that I meant to include. Is this a suite cabin?

No - not a suite cabin. These aft facing cabins are all classified as Concierge (C1's) or Family Veranda (FV). They are on Decks 7, 8, and 9.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:21 PM, Newbie2006 said:

We stayed in 8148 on March 25th cruise. Bed is next to the bathroom. The bed/bathroom is aft, or to the right when entering the room.

It was a nice, quiet cabin. Can't complain... right under the mid buffet made getting food easy, but not directly under, so no noise from above (as would happen on deck 9 cabins).

We will be in that room on June 5th. I did read that there is an employee entrance directly across the hall. Was there any noise because of it?

22 hours ago, warmwinds said:

That is a picture of an S class ship, not an M.  This is the Summit thread.  You can tell it is an S class by the indentation of the railing in the middle, the M class ships the railing goes straight across.

The canopies on the Summit, which this thread is about, HAVE been replaced by slats.

Sorry, but you are mistaken.

21 hours ago, ecslady said:

You can really see the shape of the slats from that photo looking up and they are  very Haphazardly placed IMO. Who knows what they were thinking?

I believe that the wavy slats are meant to resemble waves/sun rays... "sunset bar"...

Do wish the deck 11 aft rooms had a canopy above so that those on deck 12 weren't looking down onto the extended balconies

and the same from below so those sitting at the bar aren't looking up into the balconies.

We will be on Infinity pre revolting dry dock and then in the same position/stateroom on another ship -post dry dock 

Will be interesting to compare

Thanks for the salon prices... could not read prices on the right for Spa skin care services...facials, etc
I usually sign up for one facial plus a massage...hope it can be done  online with the E + or port discounts..spa looks nice.

For you: 5638d6c9ccc521c0a70bf55127cd3a66.jpg

1a370bbc6d6e2e7cde9f5cad8daf890c.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I believe that the wavy slats are meant to resemble waves/sun rays... "sunset bar"...

Do wish the deck 11 aft rooms had a canopy above so that those on deck 12 weren't looking down onto the extended balconies

and the same from below so those sitting at the bar aren't looking up into the balconies.

We will be on Infinity pre revolting dry dock and then in the same position/stateroom on another ship -post dry dock 

Will be interesting to compare

How much shade is left on these previously  great AQ deck 11 aft verandas? Has anyone heard that Celebrity may be replacing the canvas canopies? Otherwise they will be sooo hot!

if not, what would be the next best AQ choice?

On 4/7/2019 at 2:07 PM, goofysmom99 said:

MizDemeanor, since you're on the ship right now, could you please stop by future cruises sometime before you disembark and ask if the $100 per person deposits for future bookings made while onboard are still in effect?  If that's still a "go," I won't care about the new pricing structure.  Thanks in advance.

Just left future cruises.... The answer to this question is yes up to and including sky suites, but not for above Sky Suites. 

8 hours ago, Fishkillbill said:

We will be in that room on June 5th. I did read that there is an employee entrance directly across the hall. Was there any noise because of it?

Don't remember it being directly across, maybe down to left  a little.  Don't remember noise.  Husband is light sleeper and never complained so must not have been too noticeable. Next month will be second time in room.

1 hour ago, jspirit said:

How much shade is left on these previously  great AQ deck 11 aft verandas? Has anyone heard that Celebrity may be replacing the canvas canopies? Otherwise they will be sooo hot!

if not, what would be the next best AQ choice?

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying they removed the canopies from the Deck 11 aft Aquas? Those canopies made these balconies quite comfortable. If indeed, they are gone, you are 100% correct. They will be sunny and hot, especially in the Caribbean mid-afternoon.

Edited by bayonnejoe