Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

25 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Thanks.  I think someone in this thread had mentioned they liked them

That was me.  I love Bigelow products.  Not uncommon to see them in hotels like Kimpton's and other boutique properties.  I know the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas used them for their hotel.  It's definitely a quality product.  

7 hours ago, warmwinds said:

That looks like an S class ship, not an M where the canopies have been replaced by widely placed slats.

Definitely M class.  The canopies over the balconies have not been replaced by slats.  That's the Sunset Bar you're thinking of.  The picture was taken from the Sunset Bar.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I first sailed Millennium in 2000.    At that point the AquaClass cabins were designated as 1A.    They had a hard time renting them as many saw the overhang to be an obstructive view.   Marketing to the rescue!   The re-branded them in about 2005 as AquaClass with the Persian Garden they then became a "desirable" cabin.  

I believe CC were always there but had no real benefits except priority.  About 2 years ago they finally gave them a dedicated concierge due to many complaints.

Actually, most of the AQ cabins were formerly CC cabins.  The benefit of CC cabins on the M class has always been that they're larger than other balcony cabins.

As for the concierge, It's my understanding that the concierge has always been available to anyone on the ship.

These are photos of the three new inside cabins on deck 7 (ones on the other decks look similar). 

It shows the wall between the glass elevator lobby and the newly created corridor. 

The second photo is taken from the elevator lobby looking toward the new wall. 

DC66B0A9-D1CD-48DF-8083-E5F7148B75E5.jpeg

28CB08B6-A4F1-41EF-A85B-4520C7756875.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Good  photos

Interesting..they extended the hallway..still leaves a nice elev lobby.

Our  balc cabin is on the other side...but we'll still have the hallway through to the elev

Thnks for posting!

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Definitely M class.  The canopies over the balconies have not been replaced by slats.  That's the Sunset Bar you're thinking of.  The picture was taken from the Sunset Bar.

That is a picture of an S class ship, not an M.  This is the Summit thread.  You can tell it is an S class by the indentation of the railing in the middle, the M class ships the railing goes straight across.

The canopies on the Summit, which this thread is about, HAVE been replaced by slats.

1 minute ago, warmwinds said:

That is a picture of an S class ship, not an M.  This is the Summit thread.  You can tell it is an S class by the indentation of the railing in the middle, the M class ships the railing goes straight across.

The canopies on the Summit, which this thread is about, HAVE been replaced by slats.

The person posting the pictures is on Summit right now, and has been posting pictures of Summit all week. So are you really saying they decided to slip one in to screw with us?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

No, the bar canopy is gone, replaced by slats and the cabins below have the canopies still.  This is from Summit.  You can clearly see both the bar and cabins below.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 3.20.58 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue_Flame said:

These are photos of the three new inside cabins on deck 7 (ones on the other decks look similar). 

It shows the wall between the glass elevator lobby and the newly created corridor. 

The second photo is taken from the elevator lobby looking toward the new wall. 

Thank you for taking these!  It makes sense that they wouldn't have cabins opening into a public space like that and they still left a decent lobby space for the elevators.

I really don't have a problem with the addition.

2 hours ago, jchipgcs said:

No, the bar canopy is gone, replaced by slats and the cabins below have the canopies still.  This is from Summit.  You can clearly see both the bar and cabins below.

Screen Shot 2019-04-10 at 3.20.58 PM.png

Thank you for posting the pic looking up.  Because the pic that was initially posted is definitely an M class ship!  The S class aft balconies are more stacked, and not extended the way the M class is, plus the M class balconies look down on the Penthouse balconies.  

Edited by ecslady

Not only are the slats unfunctional for shade,  they look even uglier and messier from below.   Might have looked better and been better for shade if slats were closer together.  They just look bent and broken when viewed from the back.  What was Celebrity thinking when they approved this change? 

3 minutes ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Not only are the slats unfunctional for shade,  they look even uglier and messier from below.   Might have looked better and been better for shade if slats were closer together.  They just look bent and broken when viewed from the back.  What was Celebrity thinking when they approved this change? 

You can really see the shape of the slats from that photo looking up and they are  very Haphazardly placed IMO. Who knows what they were thinking?

5 hours ago, jchipgcs said:

That was me.  I love Bigelow products.  Not uncommon to see them in hotels like Kimpton's and other boutique properties.  I know the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas used them for their hotel.  It's definitely a quality product.  

We had them on EDGE in AQ Class...no indiv btls. Large pump size... I bring my own hair products but loved the hand/ body cream.  We use it at home too, great refreshing scent...   Probably won't be getting that in the reg cabins for our next few cruises......

10 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks to both of you for the link....

I found it easily using my tablet..guess my  old phone was the problem..

Would not want an inside stateroom  located there . ( we are book elsewhere on 7 in a balc cabin)    While these new ones are Convenient to the elevator  for those who may have limited mobility, the doors  seem to open  right at the elev  landing. They could have made it  a nice lobby or lounge area...greed!

Well, seeing as I'm booked in two of those cabins right now for the Aug 2, 2020 Iceland and Greenland cruise, I'm glad that @Blue_Flame is spot on about the addition of a wall! I was originally booked in a pair of insides on Deck 9, directly dead center under the pool, and believe me when I say I think this is definitely a better location! 😁

9 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

But I will say that having more inside cabins does mean that some folks who might never have considered Celebrity before because of the cost might now.  Assuming that the prices go down following the logic of supply and demand: more cabins should keep the prices lower.

At least on the aforementioned sailing, that's a big ol' NOPE! Inside cabin prices are actually higher than since I've booked; though to be fair, the ship is almost completely sold out at this point and supply vs demand is probably working very strongly in the opposite direction right now.

Edited by Aralim

On 4/9/2019 at 1:14 PM, MizDemeanor said:

There have been a couple of concerns about the canopies over the aft cabins under the Sunset Bar. Here’s what they look like.

39bb371d6a62d9f64b9d3b8242397ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cant really tell what the issue, what are people concerns about the canopies?

thank Norma

2 minutes ago, Aralim said:

At least on the aforementioned sailing, that's a big ol' NOPE! Inside cabin prices are actually higher than since I've booked; though to be fair, the ship is almost completely sold out at this point and supply vs demand is probably working very strongly in the opposite direction right now.

If it's already almost sold out, yeah, there's clearly not enough supply for that demand.  I suspect Iceland and Greenland are becoming the new "it" destinations.  I know I've had some friends go and if it wasn't so darned expensive to get there, I'd be there in a heart beat.  It's just gorgeous.

45 minutes ago, h20cruzer said:

I cant really tell what the issue, what are people concerns about the canopies?

thank Norma

The canopies on the Summit, and on future M class ships, are gone, and have been (or will be) replaced by the slats.

Despite who is supposedly posting pictures from where, the picture with the white canopies is an S class ship.  Either they have not yet or will not be replacing them with the slats.

In any case, it is the slats...in several pictures above...that have replaced the white canopies on M Class, not S class ships.  And they are what people are objecting to because they make the Deck 11 AQ cabins much less private, and do not provide the shade that the solid canopies used to provide to the bar below.  They look like something we made out of popsicle sticks when we were kids.

28 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

The canopies on the Summit, and on future M class ships, are gone, and have been (or will be) replaced by the slats.

Despite who is supposedly posting pictures from where, the picture with the white canopies is an S class ship.  Either they have not yet or will not be replacing them with the slats.

In any case, it is the slats...in several pictures above...that have replaced the white canopies on M Class, not S class ships.  And they are what people are objecting to because they make the Deck 11 AQ cabins much less private, and do not provide the shade that the solid canopies used to provide to the bar below.  They look like something we made out of popsicle sticks when we were kids.

Not sure why you continue to insist that the canopies on the M-Class ships are either gone or going away. Clearly, that is not the case. The photos are clearly from M-Class.

The people in Aqua deck 11 cabins are complaining because the "slats" allow people to look UP to their balcony whereas before, there was a canopy over the Sunset Bar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

The photo was posted by MizDemeanor, who is on board the Summit now and has been all week, kindly posting photos, and commenting on and answering questions about the "revolutionized" ship.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

The ONLY canopy that was replaced by "slats" is the canopy that was formerly over the Sunset Bar.  The canopies over the decks of the aft cabins on Decks 9, 8, 7, and 6 remain.  The picture is portraying the canopies over the aft cabins on Decks 9, 8 7 & 6 on the SUMMIT - Which is an M class ship.  The picture that is posted is NOT from an S Class ship.

Edited by jcpc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, warmwinds said:

Yep, I can reconfirm. This is the aft veranda of 8185 taken two weeks ago. Still very much the canopies

293698DD-04C0-4E81-A950-2B5F9A48BD7C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, avrey97 said:

Yep, I can reconfirm. This is the aft veranda of 8185 taken two weeks ago. Still very much the canopies

293698DD-04C0-4E81-A950-2B5F9A48BD7C.jpeg

I absolutely love the aft cabins & balconies on M-Class!!! I also like that they changed the flooring on the balcony and it also looks like they went from the translucent side walls to solid. And, looks like they STILL have great furniture. Thanks for posting!