Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

The Lounge chairs at the pool area are really good quality and are very comfortable. The Blue/Gray towels are are very pretty color.

I noticed some sofa areas under the shade that are beige in color, and unfortunately look really stained. Bummer about that.

Bar service poolside has been good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

MizDemeanor, since you're on the ship right now, could you please stop by future cruises sometime before you disembark and ask if the $100 per person deposits for future bookings made while onboard are still in effect?  If that's still a "go," I won't care about the new pricing structure.  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

MizDemeanor, since you're on the ship right now, could you please stop by future cruises sometime before you disembark and ask if the $100 per person deposits for future bookings made while onboard are still in effect?  If that's still a "go," I won't care about the new pricing structure.  Thanks in advance.

Will do. 

On 4/6/2019 at 10:45 AM, Blue_Flame said:

I know I'm sounding like a whiner, but we often stay in 1138 and will be in 1140 on a future cruise, but I think these slats are a Lose/Lose - lack of privacy for the cabin, and lack of shade for those at the bar below (compared to the solid canopy that used to be).

Overall, my impression of AQ 1140 is that it’s bright and spacious. AQ (and Concierge) have more square footage than Veranda , but it seems there is no added “furnishings” compared with pictures I have seen of Veranda cabins. So just more “elbow room.”  

Here is the view outward from the deck of 1140 now. 

902B620A-3946-41AD-A69D-9226DD54DA81.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

Agree completely. Just got off the boat, cabin #1141. NO Privacy, verandah furniture basically, meh. Balcony was unusable anytime after noon as the sun/heat was awful same for the Sunset Bar. It's got me lookin' for alternatives.

1 minute ago, gotcha3 said:

Agree completely. Just got off the boat, cabin #1141. NO Privacy, verandah furniture basically, meh. Balcony was unusable anytime after noon as the sun/heat was awful same for the Sunset Bar. It's got me lookin' for alternatives.

I am surprised that they would spend money on this "upgrade" without thinking about how it would adversely affect the privacy of those cabin balconies and the shade for passengers at the outside bar.  Sad really.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

The feather embroidered pillows that they have on the chairs at the Sunset Bar I thought were nice. ff1c2fbf958a5719a6edefaf9033c71c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look nice. Celebrity has gone  all in on pillows everywhere!

Someone had asked about the shows... so far:

Night 1 - Comedian  Al Ducharme One Show Only at 9:45

Night 2 - Soundtrack  at 7 and 9 music from movies into music that moves and late night adult commendation with Al Ducharme at 10:30

Night 3 - illusionist Ryan Joyce at 7 and 9 

We will try to get to the show tonight. 

• Like 1

Wanted to mention as Blue Flame suggested about the showers that are in these cabins. They are really compact! 

New shower head head works really well, controls are simple in that we do not find we are messing around with set and wait for the right temp, set it, it seems to get there simply and the temps hold in the shower without and dips in temp or flow. Little things like this we like😊

And I have to say it’s nice being on a smaller ship again. 

• Like 2

Easy shower controls are a good thing!

The Aquaclass shower on EDGE was excellent but there weren't any   instructions..It was kind of confusing at first..could have used an instruction card  for that , the  lighting controls, and some of the window  & window shade control options ..

We liked all the EDGE cabin hi tech...

Hi all,

As I packing for my Summit sail this weekend (woop woop!) I wanted to know if standard veranda cabins also have the C.O. Bigelow shower products? If so, are shampoo and conditions available?
Thanks in advance

On 4/6/2019 at 1:45 PM, Blue_Flame said:

Overall, my impression of AQ 1140 is that it’s bright and spacious. AQ (and Concierge) have more square footage than Veranda , but it seems there is no added “furnishings” compared with pictures I have seen of Veranda cabins. So just more “elbow room.”  

Here is the view outward from the deck of 1140 now. 

902B620A-3946-41AD-A69D-9226DD54DA81.jpeg

I am a bit concerned about the lack of privacy for these aft balconies now...

We are booked in one in 2 weeks for a TA (pre revolution--so still has the canopy) and then in another for a westbound TA (post revolution) If I am seeing it correctly in the post revolution on Millie--there is also the ability to look down onto these balconies from 12 aft and the front part of the balcony. 😞

11 minutes ago, warmwinds said:

Fishkillbill, what cabin category are the pictures?  Hard to tell if that sofa/chair thing is big enough for 2 people to sit on?

Looks like a chair for 1.

If I recall correctly the sofa for two is a thing of the past. Unfortunate as we used it and the coffee table for room service etc 

I do think the neutral tones a nice

15 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Looks like a chair for 1.

If I recall correctly the sofa for two is a thing of the past. Unfortunate as we used it and the coffee table for room service etc 

I do think the neutral tones a nice

With all the space along the wall, pretty certain it's just a wide chair instead of a sofa.  Not even really loveseat size to my eyes.

Oh, well.  It's really nice otherwise.  I counted seven drawers in the room, open shelves and those glass door shelves as well.  It's very clean and open.  And the neutral colors are soothing.  I know hubby and I will definitely enjoy that room in November.

Thanks to all the folks who've posted photos.  My husband likes to be surprised and explore the ship the minute he gets on.  I like to feel like I already "know" it.  Couldn't do that without all y'all!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, texswamper said:

I am surprised that they would spend money on this "upgrade" without thinking about how it would adversely affect the privacy of those cabin balconies and the shade for passengers at the outside bar.  Sad really.  

I was on the sailing as well.  I think they focused too much on how things would "look" rather than comfort and functionality :classic_sad:

• Like 1

Have to say I still hate the new “ colour” schemes, could they have got it any blander if they had tried ? I know many are excited by sailing on the newly refurbed ships and we are on Equinox in September but I would have been happy sailing before the refurb. They just seem to be going down this line of form over function/comfort and modern style over colour, it just looks so boring.

Edited by yorky
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Wanted to mention as Blue Flame suggested about the showers that are in these cabins. They are really compact! 

New shower head head works really well, controls are simple in that we do not find we are messing around with set and wait for the right temp, set it, it seems to get there simply and the temps hold in the shower without and dips in temp or flow. Little things like this we like😊

And I have to say it’s nice being on a smaller ship again. 

The shower does feel more compact even though I’m sure it is the same footprint as before. 

They have added a grab handle inside which I keep running into (and I have the bruises to prove it!). It has squared off edges instead of being fully rounded which I think is causing part of the problem. It definitely takes some getting use to it being there and learning how to avoid it. 

image.jpg

Edited by Blue_Flame
  • Like 1

The clarity on the Sushi on 5 special of $30 pp is just for one time. 

Its for unlimited all you can eat, one time. 

Our bill for our lunch on embarkation day was $42 so this would not be for us but it could def be for some others. 

Also the Deck 12 Jumbotron is showing the NCAA final tonight, and on the in cabin TV the game  is being shown on the Special Event Channel. Nice!   

I am am really enjoying the app, the Wi-Fi is working out very well, nothing wonky about it for iPhone stuff. The menus have on the app have been dead on accurate from night to night. 

All the services so far has been very, very good. It would be hard for us to find a single thing to complain about. We are being treated extremely well. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3