Summit Revolution

Jim_Iain

23 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

Can anyone say if Bed is on left or right side in Conceirge 8148 cabins?  They alternate so can use another cabin close to that to figure it out.  Thanks

We stayed in 8148 on March 25th cruise. Bed is next to the bathroom. The bed/bathroom is aft, or to the right when entering the room.

It was a nice, quiet cabin. Can't complain... right under the mid buffet made getting food easy, but not directly under, so no noise from above (as would happen on deck 9 cabins).

Question for the long time X cruisers. Might be a bit off topic, but this is a thread about an M class ship. When did CC and AQ debut? I know those cabins are larger than standard verandas on M class so did they debut with M class, or were those cabins re-designated at some point? Like when the AQ Suites were re-designated S1 on Reflection. 

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, reecesavage said:

Question for the long time X cruisers. Might be a bit off topic, but this is a thread about an M class ship. When did CC and AQ debut? I know those cabins are larger than standard verandas on M class so did they debut with M class, or were those cabins re-designated at some point? Like when the AQ Suites were re-designated S1 on Reflection. 

Thanks.

I don't know when AQ debuted but I know my first X sailing was on Constellation in 2005 when she was just a couple years old and Concierge Class had recently been implemented on her which is what we cruised in.  Same size cabin, more perks.  Solstice ships did not exist then.  

The Chat feature on the app while onboard is working out well for us as a couple as we only bought one unlimited internet package between us (so can’t iMessage back and forth). But chat working well. 

The Blu menus have not been consistently correct on the app. For example, it doesn’t even list a dinner menu for tonight and on night 1, it showed what turned out to be night 2’s menu. But I’m sure those bugs will be worked out shortly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue_Flame said:

The Chat feature on the app while onboard is working out well for us as a couple as we only bought one unlimited internet package between us (so can’t iMessage back and forth). But chat working well. 

The Blu menus have not been consistently correct on the app. For example, it doesn’t even list a dinner menu for tonight and on night 1, it showed what turned out to be night 2’s menu. But I’m sure those bugs will be worked out shortly. 

Tonight we don’t see a menu either but we will be in Tuscan, all other evenings they have been spot on. There was a cruiser from about  a week or so ago that said they were off too. So far we are digging the app. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MizDemeanor said:

Tonight we don’t see a menu either but we will be in Tuscan, all other evenings they have been spot on. There was a cruiser from about  a week or so ago that said they were off too. So far we are digging the app. 

I am excited to hear ALL about your evening in Tuscan.   Have a fabulous time!

13 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

There have been a couple of concerns about the canopies over the aft cabins under the Sunset Bar. Here’s what they look like.

39bb371d6a62d9f64b9d3b8242397ab2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like an S class ship, not an M where the canopies have been replaced by widely placed slats.

Could someone please post a direct link to the Summit deck plan for Deck 7, post renovation?.   We are trying to see what,  if anything,  replaced the Acupuncture area on that deck.  

( tried CC  search, other links and the odious X website.. ...no luck today!

Thanks...

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

Could someone please post a direct link to the Summit deck plan for Deck 7, post renovation?.   We are trying to see what,  if anything,  replaced the Acupuncture area on that deck.  

Thanks...

Got this on the Celebrity Site.  Just go to Ships-Celebrity Summit - then scroll down.  All the deck plans are listed on the bottom of the page:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-summit

image.png.c842bbe48a06ba1933baa46de73c6409.png

40 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks...

8 minutes ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

Got this on the Celebrity Site.  Just go to Ships-Celebrity Summit - then scroll down.  All the deck plans are listed on the bottom of the page:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-summit

image.png.c842bbe48a06ba1933baa46de73c6409.png

That’s the same thing I found on a different web site.  The cabins displaced the Nail Salon and Acupuncture

Thanks to both of you for the link....

I found it easily using my tablet..guess my  old phone was the problem..

Would not want an inside stateroom  located there . ( we are book elsewhere on 7 in a balc cabin)    While these new ones are Convenient to the elevator  for those who may have limited mobility, the doors  seem to open  right at the elev  landing. They could have made it  a nice lobby or lounge area...greed!

21 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

One more question,  do they have the CO Bigelow products in the bathroom? (Like they show for Aqua.) Thanks

We had the Bigelow products in a Concierge Balcony.  I brought my own so didn't use them.  Hubby did, but he is not particular, so I can't comment on the quality.

43 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks to both of you for the link....

I found it easily using my tablet..guess my  old phone was the problem..

Would not want an inside stateroom  located there . ( we are book elsewhere on 7 in a balc cabin)    While these new ones are Convenient to the elevator  for those who may have limited mobility, the doors  seem to open  right at the elev  landing. They could have made it  a nice lobby or lounge area...greed!

I'm the last person to defend any large corporation as I do believe they're far too focused on the short term and don't actually think about the long term outcomes from their decisions.

But I will say that having more inside cabins does mean that some folks who might never have considered Celebrity before because of the cost might now.  Assuming that the prices go down following the logic of supply and demand: more cabins should keep the prices lower.

I do hope that adding more rooms doesn't detract from the overall ambiance of the ships.  Even though we feel like Royal does a great job with spacing for all those passengers, we did notice the difference on our Equinox sailing.  Just a bit more elbow room and we hope it stays that way.

Just enlarged the deck plan and I see what you're saying!  There's no way I'd want my door right there.  People congregate at the elevators.  That could get awkward.  It'd be nice if someone who was on the ship right now could take a photo of that landing.  Still, maybe those are super cheap cabins?

Edited by 2Long2NxtCrz
Added another thought

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377On the decks where they added the inside cabins in the middle, they created a wall between the cabin corridor and the elevator lobby. So these new rooms do not open on the elevator lobby. 

I’m trying to upload photo with no luck so far....

Edited by Blue_Flame
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Caliente Cruiser said:

I asked this before, but didnt get an answer. Does anyone who has been or is on the Summit now know if they added a blow dry bar to the salon? And if so, what do they charge for a blow out? Thanks in advance 

I will post the hair salon pricing, they have blow outs and a few other options in the salon area. I will try to get a photo if the area as well. 

Thanks! Appreciate it.  I found this from one of the PR releases, so it made it sound like there was an actual blow-dry bar added:

Spa transformed by Krause Sawyer

The new, wellness-focused spa design for Canyon Ranch at Sea by New York design firm Krause Sawyer transformed the treatment rooms, salon, fitness center and locker rooms. The Persian Garden thermal suite was enhanced with new therapeutic spaces and experiences such as a Turkish bath, infrared sauna and salt therapy.

A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center was created for personal training and consultations. A new salon provides services like a blow-dry bar and luxury manicures and pedicures.

21 hours ago, reecesavage said:

Thanks.

I first sailed Millennium in 2000.    At that point the AquaClass cabins were designated as 1A.    They had a hard time renting them as many saw the overhang to be an obstructive view.   Marketing to the rescue!   The re-branded them in about 2005 as AquaClass with the Persian Garden they then became a "desirable" cabin.  

I believe CC were always there but had no real benefits except priority.  About 2 years ago they finally gave them a dedicated concierge due to many complaints.

2 hours ago, elaineb said:

We had the Bigelow products in a Concierge Balcony.  I brought my own so didn't use them.  Hubby did, but he is not particular, so I can't comment on the quality.

Thanks.  I think someone in this thread had mentioned they liked them