SUNRISE AFTER UPDATES

Maraprince

6 hours ago, Maraprince said:

It seems that there is very little informantion to be had!!!

MARAPRINCE

The Carnival website already lists the Sunrise and includes the updated deck plan with new layouts and describes a lot of what the ship will offer. The big question is whether it returns to service as scheduled at the end of April (probably but delays are always possible) and if so will it be finished or still getting work done on that sailing?

On 2/18/2019 at 11:59 PM, Thorncroft said:

I was wondering about the list on the Sunshine.  They finally got that fixed?  What about the drippy ceilings? I had seen pics of catch buckets all over the place, in the past. 

The single listing event?  There was nothing to "fix", it was caused by equipment failure due to damage caused by human error (apparently, from what I have gathered).  It was not the result of something that is "almost always broken" or similar chronic issue.

There were no drippy ceilings when we sailed on Sunshine in Dec 2018.

I'd sail on Sunshine again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 10:55 AM, Maraprince said:

It seems that there is very little informantion to be had!!!

MARAPRINCE

As noted, there is plenty of info to be had:

19 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

The Carnival website already lists the Sunrise and includes the updated deck plan with new layouts and describes a lot of what the ship will offer. The big question is whether it returns to service as scheduled at the end of April (probably but delays are always possible) and if so will it be finished or still getting work done on that sailing?

What additional info do you want to know?  There are a load of threads here about the Sunrise, with folks asking questions (that are often easily answered via the Carnival website).

I'm booked on the April 29th cruise.  I've seen lots of people worried about sailing the first cruise after coming out of dry dock.  I work 11 hour shifts 5 days a week.  I'll take a first cruise after dry dock over a week of work any time.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, mike91911 said:

I'm booked on the April 29th cruise.  I've seen lots of people worried about sailing the first cruise after coming out of dry dock.  I work 11 hour shifts 5 days a week.  I'll take a first cruise after dry dock over a week of work any time.  

Great, consider yourself voluntold to do the first review of Sunrise! I’m waiting.

On 2/27/2019 at 3:57 PM, mike91911 said:

Will look forward to hearing your feedback on the ship, port situation & tendering, etc.

MARAPRINCE

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 3:57 PM, mike91911 said:

Just be prepared for a lot of little issues and don't sweat the small stuff. We were on the Pride the first week after dry dock and there were a lot of problems. We still had a lot of fun and Carnival gave each person $200 refundable OBC for all the issues. The ship got to the port late and everyone was very late boarding and the ship didn't leave until close to midnight instead of 6:00 and there were still workers on the ship finishing up small details. But a cruise is always better than work!

1 hour ago, Dina7 said:

Silly question, do you know if the Sunrise will now have glass doors in the showers rather than those horrible shower curtains?

From the videos on youtube with the renovated cabins, they still have the shower curtains