SUNRISE AFTER UPDATES

Maraprince

6 minutes ago, livingthedream1 said:

When I originally booked I did not realize it was the Triumph and did an UGG when I realized it but looking into it further and  seeing all the upgrades I was happy I booked. I have been on the newer ships One of which broke down in port of St Martin and had to be flown home. So think it can happy to any ship.    

The marketing worked on you.

1 minute ago, Rach257 said:

THE SAME!!!!!!! 💃

well, i have a roll call started, but it's literally only me over there. one other person posted a few months ago.  i was starting to think i'd have the ship all to myself!

i anxious for people to start posting pictures of some to the upgrades so i can get a sense of what the rooms will look like decor-wise.   only 6 more months

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

Once the poop ship, it will always be the poop ship... just as the Sunshine is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.

Disagree. Just as a house or building that has had a major catastrophe--such as a fire, tornado, plumbing, foundation etc.--can be remade by gutting it and making improvements--so can a ship with enough gutting renovations. It appears, based on what I have read, that Carnival is not simply putting "lipstick on a pig," but is truly spending the money needed to transform this ship.

The real test, of course, will be the experiences of the people who sail the post-drydock Sunrise. As one of those people, I will be happy to provide a review after our July/August cruise.    

Edited by SRQbeachgirl
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Disagree. Just as a house or building that has had a major catastrophe--such as a fire, tornado, plumbing, foundation etc.--can be remade by gutting it and making improvements--so can a ship with enough gutting renovations. It appears, based on what I have read, that Carnival is not simply putting "lipstick on a pig," but is truly spending the money needed to transform this ship.

The real test, of course, will be the experiences of the people who sail the post-drydock Sunrise. As one of those people, I will be happy to provide a review after our July/August cruise.    

You are forgetting... we are talking about Carnival.

Do you need a reminder about the Carnival Destiny’s transformation to the Carnival Sunshine?

31 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Do you need a reminder about the Carnival Destiny’s transformation to the Carnival Sunshine?

So I guess if something goes wrong on any cruise ship--ever--it dooms that ship forever in your book? Or only if it's Carnival?

Compared to the number of ships/sailings that Carnival has on an annual basis vs. the number of serious problems, I think the odds are pretty good for a major incident-free cruise. I'll focus on the positive, rather than the negative. JMO and YMMV.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

So I guess if something goes wrong on any cruise ship--ever--it dooms that ship forever in your book? Or only if it's Carnival?

Compared to the number of ships/sailings that Carnival has on an annual basis vs. the number of serious problems, I think the odds are pretty good for a major incident-free cruise. I'll focus on the positive, rather than the negative. JMO and YMMV.

I fully agree! If I had listened to everyone that bad mouthed the Sunshine, I would not have sailed on her. Since we like to form our own opinions, we booked the Sunshine and had two great cruises on her. We are doing the same for the Sunrise. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I would agree Focus on the positive not negative it is a vacation. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 7:00 AM, livingthedream1 said:

We will be sailing November 25th looking forward to all the updates. The spa will also be updated.

Does anyone know if the spa will have the thelassotherapy pool?  

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

You clearly are of a vastly higher, well, everything than me. Higher income, beauty, kindness,  intelligence, class, discerning taste. Everything about you is superior and I am a simpleton, a fool, a dog, nay, a mutt scrounging for the world’s scraps. Just for you, I will consider cruises more fitting to someone of your caliber. Not my caliber, because I’m too stupid for big words like that, but your caliber. Because I think I may be just starting to sort of get the idea of what you are trying to say here.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Maraprince said:

No listing of the Sunrise in the Roll Calls.  Yet I was able to register for the Meet & Mingle party???????

MARAPRINCE

I was wondering about the list on the Sunshine.  They finally got that fixed?  What about the drippy ceilings? I had seen pics of catch buckets all over the place, in the past. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 7:01 AM, Treyatl2006 said:

Free/Included Lunch Options are Lido Buffet, Guys Burgers Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Guys Pig and Anchor, Pizerria Del Capitano, the Carnival Deli, and Culcina Del Capitano. 

I will be checking her out this Christmas.

They have already started updating some of the cabins on this ship. The cabins looks newer, fresher, and the color choices are more pleasant and modern. Room updates include updating those small 17 inch TVs to large 40 inch 4k TVs. All cabins will now include mini fridges (which weren't on the ship before), they replaced the carpets, curtains, beddings and sofas in the cabins. Also they added electrical outlets and usb outlets

Treyati206 where can I find the information of the updates you listed . We are going on the sunrise in May  and one of my friend mention she would love to have a frig in her room and you mention all cabins will have mini fridge that great . I will be on the fourth sailing out of dry dock can’t wait

Honestly, we will not be booking the Sunrise.  They are adding more cabins (more people) to a ship that is still the same size overall.  They do this by moving the comedy club to deck 4 and making it much smaller.  The area where the club was on deck 5 will now be more rooms.  The main theater is being cut by one level to add more rooms there as well.  They are also adding a steakhouse, which charges an extra fee.  See the pattern here?  More cabins = more money.  Steakhouse= more money.  Yes, they are adding a Cucina Del Capitano and Pig and Anchor Barbecue.  These will offer included lunch, but will be open in the evening for an added fee.  So again, a way to charge more.  Adding more people to the ship, but making the theaters smaller and leaving the dining areas the same size.  This will end up being like the Sunshine, our least favorite ship.

Edited by Lee Cruiser

2 hours ago, crazy4tweety said:

Treyati206 where can I find the information of the updates you listed . We are going on the sunrise in May  and one of my friend mention she would love to have a frig in her room and you mention all cabins will have mini fridge that great . I will be on the fourth sailing out of dry dock can’t wait

Here are some pictures comparing the old rooms to the newly updated rooms.

20190201_185308.jpg

20190201_185337.jpg

20190201_185400.jpg

20190201_185422.jpg

20190201_185459.jpg

20190201_185538.jpg

FB_IMG_1549064336190.jpg

FB_IMG_1549063942764.jpg

20190201_185112.jpg

Edited by Treyatl2006
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crazy4tweety said: